Amazon Aff Automation

Discussion in 'Case Studies and Journals' started by oozy, Jul 8, 2016.

Share This Page

1. oozy

oozy Member

Riding on Shaqattaq inspiring thread, I am starting a few new sites to kick off an experiment.

My aim is to bundle more info with that Amazon listing to grab some sales. My previous clicks were hovering around 200 each day, yet I have had zero sales. Here are some tools i aim to use:

- AF
    - Wordai / Spin Rewriter
    - Bing/Yahoo news feed
    - Amazon AFF (hope to throw in more later)
    - Flickr images
    - Youtube
    - IFTTT
    - SENUKE backlinking (at a later stage)

The Site pushes to FB, thumblr, twitter, pinterest. I hope to scale to:
    - instagram
    - other media sites

1) Each Amazon post will be followed by Yahoo news feed spin into - Wordai / Spin Rewriter in the same post.
    2) Am alittle confused with using the highest search vol keywords vs long tailed keywords. For now am sticking with some long tailed keywords. Each site has around 100+ keywords to pull from.
    3) Am inspired to create such sites as the traffic/clicks from such sites seem to be way more than my money sites which i built around my own branded Amazon products.
    4) As I am a noob at Aff Marketing and also been warned to stay away from GWT. I am running blind and hope to bring in MSM to do some tracking on site performance.

2. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

With a spam site like this, that's a good move.

Golan and cardine like this.
  3. oozy

oozy Member

1.jpg
    Thanks to Admin, I am still toying around with MSM, so heres a snap shot of the keywords being targeted. Honestly i hadnt had any keywords in mind but simply built the site around an exact search domains. 4 of these are shown here.

Site 4 is the oldest site based on RSS feeds only.

For now my split testing has yielded a funny result.
    1) RSS feeds were more well received by visitors with higher CTR and impresssions. Hence Site 4 "more impressive" results
    2) Targeted and specific posts seem less visited.
    3) link building is my last bullet in the arsenal - not done yet.
    4) am thinking to monetize as well using google adwords

And I havent made any sales yet.

4. oozy

oozy Member

i been receiving blank images from one of my RSS feeds. Very weird occurance but seems like nothing we can do about it?

5. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

This may cause some custom coding but you can always go to download the image and see how big the filesize is and disregard the image if the filesize is too small or isn't in a proper image format.

oozy likes this.
  6. oozy

oozy Member

Just a quick update:

one of my sites had:
    1) AF
    2) RSS Feed
    3) Customised Amazon Product listings using WP Robot

All were linked to my FB page, however, not all posts were put up on FB. How can I fix this? If I cant fix it well, I am thinking to remove AF. My views have dropped since I had AF - the whole system cant seem to post the many posts I had on my main site.

I would love to do it without cron jobs if possible. Again I dont want to get banned by Amazon either by pulling too much data :)

7. oozy

oozy Member

am going to pause AF for now, e posts are uncategorised so is hard to sort and filter what to go on FB and what not to

8. oozy

oozy Member

this is where my tech skills will not help me. haha...

9. oozy

oozy Member

2.jpg i was bz with my main business so now weekend i can toy with my sites

1) Good news is i finally sold something - but these are my own products where it is more mature. neverthless pushing FB+other sites probably helped the sales abit here

2) No 2 which started later has surpassed No 3.

3) No 3 suffered a bug as AF articles were being posted. FB feeds were affected hence less clicks. However, No 3 is on link building already.

4) The yellow ones do not use RSS feeds and rely purely on very targeted niche products. However, the clicks arent forthcoming.

5) The WP sites are not mature, there isnt a real shop section there and is a messy place with simple 3 pages. I plan to setup a real shop page to make it more legit looking and for my ego purposes.

Thoughts
    1) Should I return to RSS feeds? I find there are more clicks but less targeted.

2) Feeds have not sold me anything yet

3) AF articles are probably generating me some organic traffic however, is messing up my FB posts. Despite me turning it off, another IFTTT fault

4) My long term plan is also to add more pdts and cross sell to the audience...

5) there are no mailing lists as i do not wish to invest in auto responders..

10. oozy

oozy Member

hi all, i am updating again when i can.

1) Progress is slow on my sites...not sure why but targeted do run a little slower than feeds
    2) my first site is dropping to 4200 clicks...because the feed was running badly with no images. i stopped the feed and moved it to targetted ones instead.
    3) Targetted posts are slower but they get more interaction on the FB pages.. People are asking how the products help them.

Going Forward
    1) Am going to set up a proper store section on the sites. The way is configured now is messy. The posts on FB do not head to Amazon but links back to my site.

2) Am going to start link building. Already seen results on the rankings thru MSM.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      24.9 KB
      Views:
  11. cardine

Are those all clicks to Amazon or to your site? If they are to Amazon I'm confused how you could be getting that many clicks with so few sales? Just from people randomly deciding to buy people on Amazon that day you should be getting way more sales than that.

12. oozy

oozy Member

on FB it goes direct to Amazon but I believe the rest could be going to my site...the posts on my site...and from there to Amazon. and thats why I believe i need to setup a shop...

i am perplexed myself...

i realised dedicated posts also suffer from image issues. maybe i will set to skip if no images.

13. oozy

oozy Member

I just added an astore to one of my sites. and FB button to my astore directly.

I hope it helps conversions.

just to be very accurate, i had posted trends over 30 days. on a daily basis i am getting 200+ visitors.

conversion is the hardest part right now, that i am trying to crack...!

Attached Files:

• 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      93.8 KB
      Views:
  14. emp

emp Senior Member

I only used astore once, on a niche site that was doing a few sales a week.
    Astore tanked completely.

Moved back to individual links and all was fine.

::emp::

15. oozy

oozy Member

finally sold some stuff thats not mine.

i sacrificed quantity for targeted posts, and dropped my clicks from 4k to 3k...

not a big earning but is a boost for all my work. phew.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      61.5 KB
      Views:
  16. oozy

oozy Member

just to update....

i had minor success but still far from what is comfortable...

decided to replicate more similar sites...and also try to stop non images from being posted.

another idea is to actually use ifttt to spin off into multiple social media properties. i believe this will leverage on the website instead of buying domains everytime.

1.jpg

17. oozy

oozy Member

Oct is looking decent for the month.

Added some new sites but those arent getting any clicks yet. Am not using RSS feeds now, only targeted posts. Also using a plugin to get FB traffic

Attached Files:

18. oozy

oozy Member

Time for an update..

Improved sales, and i left the blogs to run automatically. Am now working on adding more sites. The improved sales could be due to Christmas, anyhow as I am not really maintaining it full time I am quite pleased with the progress.

This is for 1 month of sales.

Clicks are lower, but sales are up. Its weird

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      90.9 KB
      Views:
  19. emp

emp Senior Member

I see about 42$ of earnings.

Right now that offsets your hosting and domain costs.
    Nonetheless, nice proof of concept and good boost to go forward.

::emp::

20. cardine

I agree, it seems like this shows you can clearly make some money doing this, but that one site alone is not enough to make a lot of money. @oozy if you like this approach to making money you should see if you can streamline your whole process so that you can churn out tons of sites like these. One site making $42 isn't that impressive, but making at least one of these sites each day could snowball into some nice income generation.

oozy likes this.