Goals for December 2016

Discussion in 'Apex Lounge' started by emp, Dec 5, 2016.

Share This Page

1. emp

emp Senior Member

2. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for starting this thread @emp! Here are my goals for December:
    • Finish all WordAi Version 4 coding so that all that's left is for our AI algorithms to finish teaching themselves
    • Get a basic working alpha for the SEO Marketplace
    • Continue to promote, optimize, and split test for both Article Forge (Journal here), WordAi, and Microsite Masters
    • Continue our Apex Forum digest and contribute more high quality posts of my own (Journal here)
    • Finish nearly all hiring for the next couple of months (both technical and non technical)
    I'll also be doing some self reflection on my goals for 2016.

3. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

• SaaS
      • Big Brand the SaaS - DONE
      • Buy PPC Ads - DONE but gotta re-do this.
      • Conduct Multi-Language Conversion Rate vs Single Language Conversion Rate Test - Not gonna get to this.
    • 31 Batch of sites
      • Finish all 47 sites (8/day for 4 days for micro site. Other sites should take 1 afternoon total) -- DONE! 14 DEC
    • LBC1
      • Talk to Ian and ask if he’s interested in it. - He's doing this right now and it should be done in a day or two 20 DEC
      • Figure out timeline and plan for this.
    • PBN
      • Find the remaining adult domains - Can't get to this. The crawler is busy w/ client work.
      • Create the sites - Can't get to this because of last point.
        • Train Quine on how to restore or create the sites! - getting done right now 20 DEC.
      • Launch! - can't
    • Adult Streaming Site
      • Turn site into Blog with videos posts for each category, which are keywords. - Working on this right now... the adult scraper plugins are giving errors so it'll have to be done next month 20 DEC.
    • Visa Client
      • Test Outreach tool - DONE. It was shit and I canceled it.
      • Set up PBN - It'll be another 3 weeks before the crawler is done 20 DEC
      • Have the HPost Article indexed - ????
      • Create Travel Badges, Write 2016 Awards Post, and outreach to bloggers. - Being executed by other people
      • Create "Top 10 $Adjective Destinations” Operation (with Leanne’s help), Compile Outreach, Execute. - being created by other people
      • Create Top X Travel Bloggers Post, reach out to those bloggers, and present award. - Being executed by other people
      • Visa Resources List Outreach (?) - not gonna get to this
      • Matching Comp Forums (receive on 16 Dec from Ian) - DONE
      • Plan Matching Competitor’s Content Operation - Not gonna get to this
    • Passport Client
      • Create Study Abroad Alpha Microsite and Write Operation - waiting on support. This should be done this week...
      • Compile list of Hobbiest MPP Reviewers and perform outreach. -- Being executed right now and should be done in a day
      • Passport Resources List Outreach (?) - not gonna get to this
      • Plan Matching Competitor’s Content Operation -- not gonna get to this
    • Secret Client
      • Inform Dude about one last attempt and do it. -- done but we're going a different route
    Because it's december, I have until 21 Dec to finish all this. Gotta get a move on it!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    cardine likes this.
  4. terrycody

terrycody Member

Damn, this is indeed a big goal lol, good luck to you mate!

5. Wazza

Wazza Active Member

Make the MVP for my new project.
    Time to take action! Stupid brain... WORK!

6. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

I planned several things for Q1 2017 but I just realized that, this year, I'm liable for Income Tax but next year, I'm exempt thanks to FEIE!

So... I have to get all those Q1 2017 purchases and contracts and payments done this week so that I can reduce my tax burden for 2016.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You gotta do what you gotta do.

EDIT: I might not have to. It looks like IRS Form 2555 allows for FEIE exemption to begin at any time; so, I can begin my exemption in October! :D EDIT2: did the math. No additional expenses are needed. Q1 items stay Q1!

and.. here's the poster for the motto:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  7. emp

emp Senior Member

Seriously, right now I'll be glad if I get some time to think.

We are reaching the end of my one major project right now (to the tune of x.x million), three more "minor" projects ("only" xxx K) and one very minor project (basically a partnership for advertising's sake / rep management) loads of cleanup, tying up lose ends, but also looking forward, getting new contracts done, etc..

All together, this year has seen me head distributed teams of over 20 people in 2 countries.

The last month has been hell, as the client is VERY demanding.

BUT! We've done this succesfully and managed to turn a profit in projects that the top management just wanted to "get it out of the door somehow, even for 0, we don't care".

I am looking forward to some downtime in between Xmas and new years and hope to get my mind around my side-projects, but also goals such as fitness, etc..

TL;DR

Goals for December:
    - Find some "me time"
    - Think about goals.

::emp::