Goals for January 2017

Discussion in 'Apex Lounge' started by Bender Bending Rodríguez, Jan 3, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

See: http://www.apexforum.com/threads/goals-for-december-2016.1407/

I have 9 projects for myself:
    1. SaaS - Switch out the client plugin to the open source one, integrate an affiliate system, build links, and promote the SaaS.
    2. Personal PBN - Find the remaining 17 sites, install the PBN management software, and begin using it.
    3. Adult Streaming Site - Figure out how to source content for this and build the site.
    4. Build directory links to the case study site and make a push for "Widget" (I'm at #6 for the keyword) as well as add 3 more landing pages to the site.
    5. Configure the tool for the VA by hand. This takes 1 week.
    6. Identify the keywords for the 81 sites and setup their hosting accounts.
    7. Expand non-adult toy site (haven't identified the keywords yet)
    8. Add auto-update to wp-core for all sites that don't have them (... 40?)
    9. File 2016 Taxes
    The Adult Streaming site is harder than I thought. It's basically a Wordpress blog w/ streaming videos but, the thing is, scraping xVideos or whatever for videos results in tons of low quality videos that are wrongly categorized. I *might* have to go through each video by hand and then update the site every two weeks with new content.

For clients, I have 8 projects. Here they are:
    1. Plan 2017 goals for client (I'm in charge of SEO for their sites so I have to plan their SEO goals)
    2. Finish the micro-site operation and send job order to designer, developer, assistant, and myself.
    3. Finish the second tier city operation.
    4. Finish the blogger outreach operation.
    5. Do run 2 and 3 of the HARO operation and write the content calendar and operation.
    6. Buy links w/ this month's link building fund.
    7. Build the client's PBN - I have 55 more domains to find.
    8. Write operation for real estate client, bill him for it, and execute it.
    Here's the execution:

==Week 1==
    • Plan 2017 goals for client - 4hrs
    • Create microsite operation - 8 hours + phone call
    • Keyword identification for 84 micro sites - 2 days
    • Outsourcable directory links - 30 minutes
    • Tool configuration - 2 days
    • Operation for dude - 6 hours + phone call
    • Client PBN - intermittently
    ==Week 2==
    • HARO run 2 - 1 hr
    • 2nd tier city operation - 4 hrs
    • Awards operation - 4 hours
    • personal PBN - intermittently
    • SaaS setup - 2 days
    • Site setup for 84 sites - 1 day
    ==Week 3==
    • Setup adult streaming site - 2 days
    • Expand non-adult toy site - 4 hours (who is gonna do the writing?)
    • Paid directories - 2 hours
    • SaaS Promotion - 2 days
    ==Week 4==
    • Buy links for client - 2 hours (basically all directories)
    • add auto-update to WP sites - 4 hours
    • HARO run 3 - 1 hr
    • Update books and do taxes - 1 day
    • SaaS promotion round 2 - 2 days
    ==Week 5==
    • Bill client

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    cardine likes this.
  2. propipper

propipper Member

For my new service:

• Get approved by billing/credit card processing company (in process)
    • Start backlinking campaign to gain some organic traffic
    • Reaching out to influencers and affiliates to help promote my site
    • I can do this service by myself or hire freelancers to do the majority of the work. This is more specialized that Fiverr gigs so the monthly costs are much higher. My goal for the first month is to get enough sales to cover the costs.

3. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

January Goals:
    • Finish all WordAi Version 4 coding so that all that's left is for our AI algorithms to finish teaching themselves - more specifically we now have a target release month of February so this month will be extra important for this
    • Get a basic working alpha for the SEO Marketplace - we've been a little slower than I was hoping with this as the Rails team has been moving to React and there has been a little bit of a learning curve - but we're starting to move at a faster pace now
    • Get new marketing/growth team all up and running - this specifically should help move forward some of the backlogged things from the last couple of months
    • Finalize all hires for everyone joining in next 6 months (5-7 total people)... which will be potentially double our current size!
    I'll be posting my 2017 goals in this thread in a week once I have completely ironed out what I want them to be. I have a great list right now but I want to wait to get my final accounting books and have a week to think it over before I write it out in stone.

4. emp

emp Senior Member

January has 3 weeks left (including this one)

So:

9-5
    • Secure the education course, best would be in Hamburg or another cool city. The price difference to Switzerland might actually make this possible.
    • Get a good start (not a SMART goal, eh)

Freelance / IM
    • 3 articles for the stomach balloon site
    • 10 articles + for games site
    • Python foundations (data types, control structures)

Other
    • 6+ gym visits

::emp::

5. propipper

propipper Member

With roughly 20 days left:

• Finally close a pretty big sale I've been working on since October of last year (offline business)
    • Get going on influencer, affiliate and seller outreach for business and new service launched in December. Goal: 5 total (already have 1 in the bag I believe - working on that now).
    • Complete instructions for VA to start helping with manual research for SEO, marketing, sales, etc.

Cheers.

6. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

1. SaaS - Switch out the client plugin to the open source one, integrate an affiliate system, build links, and promote the SaaS. -- Can't. SaaS is broken and needs to be rebuilt. It'll cost $500, or that's what I was quoted. I don't have time for this as the batch sites are taking up too much time. I have to work on the SaaS when the batch site is all done.
    2. Personal PBN - Find the remaining 17 sites, install the PBN management software, and begin using it. -- Done! but the PBN Management software is tied with the batch sites! >_<
    3. Adult Streaming Site - Figure out how to source content for this and build the site. -- Done!... but Google has not reinexed the site. It still shows 1,000 indexed pages when the site only has 30. I gotta wait for it to be reindexed before I can proceed.
    4. Build directory links to the case study site and make a push for "Widget" (I'm at #6 for the keyword) as well as add 3 more landing pages to the site. -- DONE! but there was no push for the main KW... yeah... that didn't go as plan. I have a different plan for it but I gotta wait on this client first...
    5. Configure the tool for the VA by hand. This takes 1 week. -- WTF he disappeared?! I'll just configure it myself and send the finished instructions to another VA when I'm done.
    6. Identify the keywords for the 81 sites and setup their hosting accounts. -- DONE! I actually did 101 domains!
    7. Expand non-adult toy site (haven't identified the keywords yet) -- Didn't even touch this.
    8. Add auto-update to wp-core for all sites that don't have them (... 40?) -- Didn't touch this.
    9. File 2016 Taxes -- Can't do it yet, gotta do it in Feb when I have all the paperwork.
    Its 5pm right now. I'm just gonna end the week and go to the bar tonight. Fuck it. On Monday and Tuesday, I'm gonna finish the Client's work (especially planning 2017) and call it good for the month.

This month was crazy. A VA disappeared, the SaaS was found out to be broken, the FBA test proved unsuccessful, and... what else... haha that's it.

Managing this bulk site building project is pretty stressful. I'm building 130 sites/quarter. Its a shit ton of stuff to organize and manage. I can't believe I thought it'll be such a small thing that I wouldn't even make a goal for it.

For Feb, I'm focusing just on the bulk sites and client sites. THATS IT.

7. propipper

propipper Member

Month is not quite over yet but coming to a close quickly so I'll need to hustle on some of this stuff to get it done.

• Finally close a pretty big sale I've been working on since October of last year (offline business) - Still waiting but I knew it would be a slow process. Will probably come through in the next couple of weeks.
    • Get going on influencer, affiliate and seller outreach for business and new service launched in December. Goal: 5 total (already have 1 in the bag I believe - working on that now). - Got 1 but definitely not 5. I'm talking with people who can help add more value to my service but not bring in any sales.
    • Complete instructions for VA to start helping with manual research for SEO, marketing, sales, etc. - Hired new VA to work on a couple new projects so just getting started with that.

8. emp

emp Senior Member

January == Fail

Except for doing a bit of python

9. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

We're not quite there yet, but we are extremely close. It has been very hard for us to stop because right when we think we have everything figured out we make a huge breakthrough that lets us do things we didn't think were possible. But we are within a week or two away from being able to put a final coding freeze on Version 4 and I'm extremely excited about it.
    We still aren't here yet, the team that was working on this got caught up a lot this month with helping the growth team get up and running.
    We did a very good job with this. Although not everyone has started working yet, we've made a ton of progress and have gotten a lot setup and done already. I feel very good about this and the effects it will have on all of our products moving forward.
    We grew from 6 to 7 people this month and we currently have 3 additional hires who are confirmed to start working - so at a very minimum we will be growing from 6 to 10 people. We still are looking to hire 1-2 additional people as well as a bunch of summer interns.

Although it might not seem like it from this goal list, January was my most productive month since last July (the month that we publicly launched Article Forge and moved into a new office). I was able to get so much done this month that will impact my ability to accomplish all of my 2017 goals.

10. emp

emp Senior Member

OK, let's do this more thoroughly:

9-5
    • Secure the education course, best would be in Hamburg or another cool city. The price difference to Switzerland might actually make this possible.
      • FAIL. Simply no time to do the necessary research / booking
      • I got a new project (high visibility)... horrible start, though.
      • The "leftover" project is still mine... yay.
    • Get a good start (not a SMART goal, eh)
      • This is the biggest FAIL.
    Feeling entirely unmotivated at the 9-5 atm, TBH.

Freelance / IM
    • 3 articles for the stomach balloon site
      • FAIL, but ... the site is doing nicely.
    • 10 articles + for games site
      • FAIL, but...
      • New design (needs some more tweaks, but nice already
      • Some articles reworked, some new ones
    • Python foundations (data types, control structures)
      • SUCCESS!
      • Still digging into data types, iterators, etc are nice
      • I already know the control flows, nothing new here

Other
    • 6+ gym visits
    • FAIL
    TL;DR
    Holy fail, batman!!