Goals for November

Discussion in 'Apex Lounge' started by emp, Nov 2, 2016.

Share This Page

1. emp

emp Senior Member

2. emp

emp Senior Member

9-5

Book Scrum course
    Need to get thsi finalized with my boss.​

Project ONE launch (actually 2nd of Dec. last deployment, 14th of December launch)
    Fuck all about this, we are so fucked.
    I don't want to order mandatory overtime, but it might be needed.
    There really isn't even a goal in this. Just get it over with.​

Entrepreneurial / Side biz

Games Site
    YES YES YES
    Get this rolling, rolling, rolling.​

Stomach balloon content & design
    Need to find the time to finalize all the stuff I've been doing on this.
    Funnily enough, leads are picking up nicely after summer, so I hope my changes will actually make it better, instead of losing what I have.​

Fashion store
    Get this over with.​

Python video creator
    Time?​

Other

Lose weight
    Yeah, right.​

TL;DR
    I am completely swamped at work, eating into my time, health, and brains. Little to no time for family or activities.

::emp::

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    cardine likes this.
  3. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

• SaaS
      • Write ad copy
      • Buy Ads
      • If ads prove that the business is feasible, conduct Link Building Campaign 1 (LBC1)
    • 31 micro-sites
      • Finish the 31 sites
      • Conduct LBC1
    • Adult streaming site
      • Figure out what I'm gonna do with this domain
      • If it's gonna be a curated video site, make the curations.
      • Conduct LBC1
    • Adult affiliate sites
      • Conduct LBC1
    • Real estate client
      • Increase organic traffic by 130 visitors/day
    • Travel client
      • Get the first objective done
    Looks totally do-able! The VA that does LBC1 is gonna be busy as hell. I might have to hire a second VA. LBC1 takes 24 hours when done in full, 6 hours when done 25%. He'll have to do 25% LBC for the 31 micro sites for the whole month. Another VA will have to do LBC 1 (or I'll delay it for Dec) for the streaming and adult sites.

Shit, I gotta figure this out.

These VAs are gonna be busy as fuck.

cardine likes this.
  4. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

• Take the AI advances we've made for WordAi and get them from the proof of concept stage to being completely polished and implemented
    • Get a basic working alpha for the SEO Marketplace
    • Continue to promote, optimize, and split test for both Article Forge (Journal here) and WordAi
    • Continue the Apex Forum case study started last month and continue to update other journals I have going on
    • Finally get our Apex Forum digest back going and email everyone about the Apex Forum contest results (Journal here)
    • Building off the hire I made in October, make two additional hires (both technical and non technical)

Json likes this.
  5. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

• SaaS
      • Write ad copy -- didn't get to this. Doing it at the moment.
      • Buy Ads -- didn't get to this. It'll be done Week 2 of Dec.
      • If ads prove that the business is feasible, conduct Link Building Campaign 1 (LBC1) -- Got to this! and the contractor was fired! I gotta re-done this! LOL!
    • 31 micro-sites
      • Finish the 31 sites -- didn't get to this. Doing this in December.
      • Conduct LBC1 -- Got to this! and the contractor was fired! I gotta re-done this! LOL!
    • Adult streaming site
      • Figure out what I'm gonna do with this domain -- I got an idea now but haven't executed it.
      • If it's gonna be a curated video site, make the curations. -- Not a goal.
      • Conduct LBC1 -- Got to this! and the contractor was fired! I gotta re-done this! LOL!
    • Adult affiliate sites
    • Real estate client
      • Increase organic traffic by 130 visitors/day -- I think it went up by more than 60. I don't know since Analytics isn't working right now.
    • Travel client
    • Get the first objective done -- Still working on this. Some Inconveniences occurred.

6. emp

emp Senior Member

9-5

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Go live is at the 9th of December.

Mad Stress but green(ish)

Entrepreneurial / Side biz

Games Site
    Kinda... got the material and a good reserach VA
    Status.. meh

Stomach balloon content & design
    NOPE

Fashion store
    Almost done, last touches and meeting with client.
    Status .. OK

Python video creator
    Meh...nope

Other

Lose weight
    Yeah, right.

TL;DR

November came and crushed all my goals...

Simply put, work has gone CRAZY.
    Putting 3 major projects online (to the tune of ~1.3mil in revenue)...

The partner (an international bank) turning up the heat to $insane...

So.. yeah, FML right now.

::emp::

7. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

We're 90% of the way there on both the polish and the implementation. There are a series of 7-8 major AI algorithms, and we've unleashed them to learn from the internet on a newly purchased GPU cluster. Nearly all of the coding is done and now we just need to wait for the algorithms to learn.

Alpha would be a little generous to call where we are right now, but we have made a lot of progress. We are using React in addition to Ruby on Rails so there has been a little bit of a learning curve, but now we should be able to implement much faster than we have been able to before.

We've been diligently running split tests for Article Forge, WordAi, and Microsite Masters and have had been making lots of small iterative improvements. We had a previous split test that increased our signup rate by over 25% and our current one (although not statistically significant) currently is showing an 8% increase in signups. For WordAi we have integrated split testing throughout the entire funnel and right now have four simultaneous split tests going on.

Still lagging on this. I'm hoping that when we have a little bit more manpower in this next couple of months we'll be able to better give future case studies the attention they deserve.

The daily digest is back online and it's going to be a primary goal to make sure it is going out at least once a month.

We're doing a great job on this department. I averaged an interview a day throughout all of November and we have made another additional hire, and are about to make a couple additional offers. This still is the most important task to me as everything else can be done more effectively if we have an awesome team working together.