How do I easily create seed keyword lists?

Discussion in 'SEO and Marketing' started by murkr, Feb 11, 2017.

Share This Page

1. murkr

murkr Member

Right now I'm currently using Google keyword planner to create my seed keyword list, but it takes forever.

Is there a program/website/service where I just put one keyword like "roofing" and it gives me a bunch of roofing keywords? In a big text list so I can easily add it to my scrapebox.

2. Mark23

Mark23 Member

3. jay jay

jay jay Member

nichelaboratory.com

4. kotler123

kotler123 New Member

You can try this fiverr guy . He saved my ass and times for lot of times.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2017
    murkr likes this.
  5. murkr

murkr Member

awesome thanks guys

6. Trevor

Trevor Member

7. murkr

murkr Member

8. Cratos

Cratos New Member

hmm, are you "that guy" ?

Interesting how your first post is a recommendation to a Fiverr seller. Rather interesting.

cardine likes this.
  9. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

I'm surprised our spam filter didn't catch this - thanks for the catch! I checked his IP and it is from the same country as the Fiverr poster. I edited out the link and temp banned him.

Cratos likes this.
  10. Cratos

Cratos New Member

Nicee, anytime. I knew there was some funny business going on there haha

11. Farhin Qureshi

Farhin Qureshi New Member

12. Anaconda

Anaconda Established Member

I recently subscribed to this at $16 month https://app.keywordkeg.com/pricing?q=/pricing. I really like it. It's very fast and you can scrape multiple sites (google, ebay, amazon, alibaba, ask, bing, yandex, youtube ++). You can do one API or many. Also 7 countries, 1 or many. The KW results are based on Google keywords. Download as csv or excel. You get back thousands of results depending on settings a seed keyword.

13. Wazza

Wazza Active Member

My only issue with these tools is that they all spit out the same crappy keywords - everyone else in my niche is also looking at the same lists, then running them through other tools such as LongTailPro to get a keyword difficulty score and then write articles for the low hanging fruit.

I suspect that the best option would be to use a tool such as SEMrush or AHrefs, find your top 50 competitor sites and then scrape the keywords they are already ranking for, dump them all into a spreadsheet, remove duplicates and go from there. At least you are then getting away from the (often simplified or rolled up) Google KW tool results that everyone uses.

A good tip (not mine - copied from many other "SEO goorooz") is to find sites with a similar PA/DA to yours, see what they already get traffic from and rank in SERP position 1 for (with minimal or no links) and then beat them with better content and a few easy backlinks.

I also find it interesting that there are no keyword tools (that I know of) that allow you to "multiply a keyword" by looking at the top 10 SERPS for they keyword, taking the URLs of the sites/pages, then running the URL back through the Google Keyword Planner using the "Your landing page" section. This will help reveal more keywords that google thinks are relevant to that page, which will also increase your keyword list.

LissaK and Anaconda like this.
  14. LissaK

LissaK Member

sanjoxs likes this.
  15. RenaeFab

RenaeFab New Member

The one thing that always confuses me is when looking at competition in the Google Keyword Planner. The competition is for people buying ads, so it may not translate to competition for content on a specific keyword. Yet people say if the competition is listed as high not to bother.

16. Wazza

Wazza Active Member

I would say that seeing "high" competition in the Google Keyword Planner is a good thing - it means that the keyword is actively being bid on by advertisers and therefore has value.

The ones that are "Low" tend to be informational keywords.

17. RenaeFab

RenaeFab New Member

They type in a search term, or a keyword, and find your site in the top results — provided you've invested some serious SEO effort into this particular term.

18. techlysolutions

techlysolutions New Member

try to search manually. best for you.