How do you find keywords to target?

Discussion in 'SEO and Marketing' started by Divination, Sep 18, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Divination

Divination Member

I'm trying to find products on Clickbank to promote. I got inspired after reading Charles Floates parasite thread. I have been following his parasite for a bit now and I think its successful because I see he raised the price of the eBook from $49 to $79. That must mean it's doing well.

So lets say I find a Clickbank product to promote...Jenny Craig's Weight Loss Regime. Do I try to promote it for "Jenny Craig Review" or "Weight Loss Regime" or "best weight loss regime" ...or what is a good way to find keywords?

This was just an example by the way, I'm not entirely comfortable with promoting something that I wouldn't trust myself.

2. xepa

xepa Member

Google Keyword Planner tells you everything you need to know about a keyword. Get those keywords with volume and CPC metrics and plug the top ranking sites into Ahrefs and you'll have a good idea as to how competitive it is.

3. LissaK

LissaK Member

Mark23 likes this.
  4. SteveW

SteveW New Member

After finding the keywords from Google Planner , you can type in the keyword at www.keywordshitter.com and see the variations. You can use the variations in long tail posts and try to rank as well

5. Youreaturs

Youreaturs Member

Google Keyword Planner

6. RenaeFab

RenaeFab New Member

You can use the Google adwords keyword tool.

7. attractiveweb

attractiveweb New Member

Google keyword planner is best tool for choosing which type of keywords is appropriate for your website.

8. Alston

Alston New Member

I agree but usually services like secockpit.com dedicate so much resources and sources to provide even more keywords.

9. Raj Sharma

Raj Sharma New Member

Google Keyword Planner is good but if you try ahrefs and semrush while using these hope you will get that you are looking for... these two hopefully sort out your trouble with google keyword planner currently you are facing.

10. attractiveweb

attractiveweb New Member

thanks for guidance

11. scottkeever

scottkeever New Member

You can use the Google Keyword Planner and keywordtool.io to find the best keywords for your website and target them to get leads. These tools are good to use. I also usually follow these tools to find the best keywords.

Rest, you can also follow the Google suggestions from the Google search to find more relevant keywords.

12. sarmadghumman

sarmadghumman New Member

There are different sites like where you can search keywords. Google keywords planner are the best tool for searchinga keywords. besides this if you are blogger are sites owner and want good content that goes viral in days then you can get from different sites. For high quality content, you can contact with content providing sites like contentmart etc. besides this there are different SEO companies that provide keywords according to the site content.

13. anshu143

anshu143 New Member

Hello there :)

Why dont you try SEMrush? You would also need to write about the topics which is relevant to your business. Once that is done, you can use tools to see the trending keywords. What are the people searching for? You need to figure out what your competitors are adopting a strategy. Google Trends, ACCURANKER, Google Keyword Planner can help you as well. I personally liked SEMrush.
    Also, focus on the content as well. You can hire a good SEO writer, who has knowledge of the SEO tools and techniques. This would help you! I hired a writer from Contentwriter at the most alluring price. It worked for me! Hope it works for you as well :)

14. Lyndaa

Lyndaa New Member

You can use Keyword Planner to get the best keyword and also it suggests a list of negative keywords which are to be avoided.

15. SimplePBN

SimplePBN New Member

Thanks for the information

16. Angela Cooner

Angela Cooner New Member

I use AHREFS for that. Try the tool it's super nice to use!

17. chanel majic

chanel majic Member

Use keyword research tools like article insights and seo content machine

18. raja ram

raja ram Member

When I need to find the keyword for my blog, I usually prefer google keyword planner. Apart from I also use LSI for quick result

19. Jesica

Jesica New Member

You can use google keyword planner tools and keywordtooldotio.

20. Slymeasy

Slymeasy Member

You first need to determine which keywords actually have traffic. Then you figure which ones you can rank for based on accurately estimating the competition level. Then finally after you've done all that filtering you need to determine buyer intent. Is this person looking to buy right now ("Jenny Craig Weight Loss Regime Discount") or doing comparison shopping ("Jenny Craig Review" OR "best weight loss program").

The biggest SEOs rant and rave about the keywords you get from SEOcockpit, but if you don't have a way of getting strong backlinks you probably won't be able to rank for even the lowest competition keywords that service spits out. I used a couple tools and I only found one of them to have an accurate enough competition estimation.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018