Ask Me Anything I Am Matthew Woodward, 6 Figure Blogger, Elite SEO, Digital Nomad, Laptop Lifestyle, Corpora

Discussion in 'SEO and Marketing' started by MatthewWoodward, Feb 14, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Scott

Scott New Member

Matthew Woodward:

Thanks for starting this thread! I just signed up to ask you a few questions.

1.) Do you still use SENuke, or is article marketing dead? I used SENuke in the past, but then my main site got slapped by Google. Seems like people are still using it. Do you use any specific SENuke backlink technique or do you just try to get as many articles from as many IP addresses?

2.) Can you please explain in detail what "Link Juice" is? How, or does it relate to the Page Rank of the backlink URL in any way? Does Link Juice have more to do with the relevance of the backlink, or the PR of the backlink? Does Link Juice pass "juice" even if the backlink is coming from a URL with no Page Rank?

Thanks for all your help man!

-Scott

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  2. Hadel

Hadel New Member

Did you get glass or CF fins? if you can hit18 meters with short fins you should be able to 80-90 feet no problem with real fins, past 100 feet its gets hard to equalize. They have freedive classes, like pfi or fii, my gf took one and it helped her a lot.

3. Mervyn

Mervyn New Member

Hi Matt
    Websites, like SerpShaker sites, are not penalized by Google, even though they have thousands of city-specific pages with identical content.
    Will it affect my rankings if I have multiple city-specific videos on my Youtube channel with identical (unspun) descriptions?

Many thanks for answering my question!

4. LewisParrott

LewisParrott New Member

Hello Matt,

I run a digital nomad blog at thedigitalventure.com. I actually emailed you recently about one of my posts but I wanted to take advantage of this opportunity and ask you a related question :)

As a digital nomad yourself, which location in the world ticks most of your boxes and why?

Cheers,
    Lewis Parrott.

5. MatthewWoodward

MatthewWoodward Active Member

Honestly I know nothing about that space, but if you are going to go into any saturated niche you need to be able to differnetiate yourself from the competition.

So my question is this - what will you bring to the table that others don't?

If you can't answer that question in great detail, do not enter the niche.

Also you should not under estimate the sheer volume of work required to keep the site maintained with new coupons, removing old ones, checking they still work etc etc That task alone is easily a full time 40 hour a week job for 1 person.

6. MatthewWoodward

Hey,

1) With .htaccess file on the hosting or setup the redirect in the domain registrar control panel

2) There are multiple ways to do this, depends which method they used

7. MatthewWoodward

I have an entire course dedicated to this subject which would take around 12 straight hours to consume, but the headline tips would be-

1) Spend time finding relevant domains with great metrics and manually check both the site and backlink history for signs of spam.

2) Rebuild the site in a manner that it would pass a manual human review as a genuine site

3) Never link to your money site more than once per pbn site

4) Always double check for footprints at the domain, hosting, site build, content, external link profile levels

5) Don't take shortcuts, invest in your network and treat it with respect!

... likes this.
  8. MatthewWoodward

Hey,

1) You can do either but for sure buying a non spammed expired domain with authority will give you an early boost.

2) Anywhere between 4 and 8

3) Speak with technical support of SEO Powersuite to debug the problem

4) That will probably be shut down in the very near future

LDL-JT likes this.
  9. MatthewWoodward

I use this http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/reviews/inspyder-backlink-checker-tool-review/

And if you are doing SEO, use your head!

You should under no circumstances be using any type of Google service to conduct your business

LDL-JT likes this.
  10. MatthewWoodward

Honestly I have zero experienced with local SEO so I am probably the worst person to advise you.

The only thing I do know about local SEO is summarised in these 2 posts (by people that do know about local SEO)-

http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/tutorials/local-seo-guide/
    http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/tips/local-seo-expert-strategies-tools/

11. MatthewWoodward

Hey,

I think you need to take a step back and understand that you are not building a website.

You are building a business.

And by the sounds of it you don't really have any kind of business plan, so I would start there before worrying about the platform or how to do CSS.

12. MatthewWoodward

Hey,

1) I don't use it myself now

2) Page rank is an irrelevant metrics that has not been updated for a long long long time so I wouldn't bother looking at it, instead use metrics from Ahrefs and Majestic to get a better look at things. Link Juice is just a measure of how strong a link is, eg a link from somewhere like CNN passes significantly more authority (juice) than a link from this forum would.

13. MatthewWoodward

I was looking at the CF fins but it seems that they break quite easily so I don't see the point of them, especially if they broke during a dive that would be a fight back to the surface!

I can do the frenzel equalizing rather than the usual valsalva but hopefully it isn't too difficult down there, but there is only one way to find out haha

I did a course with FII and a teacher called Bobby Kim who was awesome!

Are you free diving yourself?

14. MatthewWoodward

I know nothing about local SEO sorry and have never heard of a 'serpshaker site' - what is that?

15. MatthewWoodward

Well the problem is, everyone has differnet boxes. Some might argue a big city like singapore where others might argue somewhere entirely remote away from the hustle of life.

One thing is for sure though!

Not the UK hahaha

Personally I prefer to avoid any westernised, capitalist/consumerist driven country which is well, a lot of them haha

Alex Johnson likes this.
  16. Scott

Scott New Member

Wow, I am surprised you don't use SENuke anymore. I was about to watch your videos on "tiered linking" strategies. Why don't you use SENuke anymore? Does it get sites banned nowadays? I was planning on using just SENuke for backlinks.

What about BuzzBundle, that was the other program you got me interested in. Is that software still good?

I guess what I am trying to ask is, what is the safest and most effective backlinking strategy to use nowadays? Guest posting? Forum profile links?

Thanks for your time man, I appreciate it. I am rebuilding an old site that got slapped by Google and do NOT want to mess this up. I have two articles so far, 1,000 words average, targeting low competitive keywords... all I need now is a backlinking strategy. SENuke was good in the past, but I think I was using it too aggressively. Thanks again.

-Scott

17. Hadel

Hadel New Member

I have always thought the CF where hype for fun freediving, maybe they make a difference when you diving crazy deep, but for fun don't seem worth it and I have seen many break

I got really burnt out on SEO and online marketing like in 2010 and moved to a tropical island and ended up getting a job on a dive boat with locals spending all day freediving for fish and lobster.

Pretty fun job, you get in the best shape of your life but it doesn't pay anything.

So I am back reading about whats new in SEO again

Alex Johnson likes this.
  18. DINAMINA

DINAMINA New Member

Dear M. W.
    I've just watched your Link Building video serie and I'd like to know your idea about link revelance: use a huge number of links - created with U.D. + GSA - is a must have or do you think that numbers is not revelant and instead of create 1.000 links/month with spun articles are better maybe 20 links /month with hand written content published by hand in fresh new sites (web 2.0 and others)?
    - For example if you'd have to start an external link buinding strategy what would you do? a PBN of min. 10 sites and also a lot of other links with U.D. (+ tier 2 and 3 with GSA) or maybe something other strategy like only PBN links with only few other links for diversification?

19. LDL-JT

LDL-JT New Member

Hi Matt and thanks for your replies, I will buy the suggested tool using your ref. and code for say thanks you for your big help...
    Anyway I have decided to buy a new domain (instead of an expired) and I have a doubt: if the domain contain the keyword "news" could this have a bad impact in SEO? Maybe Google could think that artices are only news and so receive a bad ranking for all the articles after some moths? ...What's your opinion about this?

20. LDL-JT

LDL-JT New Member

Just one last thing: I've read that your forum will be shut down nearly, can you please just reply to my 2 posts? (but if you prefer reply here and not in the forum)
    Logically I don't copy the post content cause it could became a duplicate for Google eyes so i paste below the links.. especially the first link is very revelant for me, thanks again Matt!

Question 1 about my linking strategy:
    http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/forums/topic/my-link-building-stretegy-whats-your-opinion/

Question 2 about software info:
    http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/fo...ftware-for-suto-publish-non-spinned-articles/

Alex Johnson likes this.