Ask Me Anything I Am Matthew Woodward, 6 Figure Blogger, Elite SEO, Digital Nomad, Laptop Lifestyle, Corpora

Discussion in 'SEO and Marketing' started by MatthewWoodward, Feb 14, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Anaconda

Anaconda Established Member

Hopefully you won't be working with anyone who speaks English so I doubt you'll affect @MatthewWoodward 's business which will be a relief for him I'm sure.

Golan and cardhu like this.
  2. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

[​IMG]

The Irony is killing me. You or someone you know used the steps on your "Wikipedia Link Building Hack – Get As Many Backlinks As You Want" article to link to that article from Wikipedia and your site's now blacklisted on WIkipedia. Got as many backlinks as you wanted, huh? :p

3. MatthewWoodward

MatthewWoodward Active Member

Take a look at this-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard/Archive267

Specifically-

"there's no way to distinguish between a legitimate deadlink fix and a Matthew Woodward edit"

It's funny because its true :)

What is even funnier is when I published the article, I expected they would blacklist my blog but what actually happens is everytime the Wikipedia mods that get their pantys in a twist - they give me a new link!

Previously I had zero backlinks from Wikipedia for my personal blog, now I have a bunch =D

xepa and Marc David like this.
  4. Bender Bending Rodríguez

[​IMG]
    What are you talking about dude? Those pages are blocked by robots.txt. Yeah, you have links from Wikipedia but Google can't index them. They're worthless.

Oh, just for everyone reading, the full quote that Matt quoted above is "there's no way to distinguish between a legitimate deadlink fix and a Matthew Woodward edit. The best course of action, as I see it, is to deal harshly with someone doing this: block immediately and without prior warning, and blacklist the URL. If I caught someone doing this, I'd be likely to leave a block message of "you've been blocked for following Matthew Woodward's advice, and your site has been blacklisted. You will not be unblocked." No need for {{spamblock}} or instructions on getting unblocked; you can't perform this kind of edit in good faith. Nyttend (talk) 17:06, 4 December 2014 (UTC)"

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    Golan and xepa like this.
  5. xepa

xepa Member

You are right the link is worthless. But the method worked for a while and Wikipedia mods are admitting it is very hard to defend against. For a hack that doesn't sound too bad.

6. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Yeah it was a good hack while it lasted. Just like back in the day where you can set up a custom domain on Tumblr and repost your way to as many dofollow links as you wanted.

Oh the days.

dzianis likes this.
  7. n00b

n00b Member

Heres a question for you matt.. What is your best and effective management tool for PbN? I mean what tool do you use to management all WP? And also do you believe in seo hosting that works for pbn? How about reveseIps?

8. Criks

Criks Member

No, no, no, no, no. Biggest tip you can be given regarding PBN's is: Never ever use a 'SEO Optimized' hosting provider. They are shite. Use regular hosting's, cheap, expensive etc. Mix it up between all kinds of hosting company's as long as it's none with SEO -hosting.