Guide IFTTT + Tweetfavy = Twitter on steroids!

Discussion in 'SEO and Marketing' started by Paul, Feb 22, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Paul

Paul Member

After reading this post by @dzianis - http://www.apexforum.com/threads/ranking-a-site-without-original-content.91/page-2#post-1009, I got really inspired to set up some IFTTT recipes. Now by all means, this is not huge or anything, but I just started testing this technique and I like the results. I can't help it but I just get really excited by automation. :)

Everyone here knows IFTTT problably, but Tweetfavy might be new for some. But first let's discuss the IFTTT recipes I've set up. So far I've made 3 recipes: 1) When there is a new top post in a certain subreddit > Tweet 2) New post in the popular category from a big website in my niche > Tweet with photo 3) When a fairly popular account tweets something > RT. For 3) I looked for an account that only posts quality stuff and not too often.

These 3 recipes give a nice mixed bag of tweets and when I look at my Twitter feed I would actually follow me. :)

Them the second part is Tweetfavy. This tool made by two kids from my country (I don't know them personally or am affiliated btw) and it's a nice little web-based software that you can use to auto-like, auto-follow and auto-RT based on keywords. It's important that you take the time to investigate the right keywords to target. Just make a list of keywords in your niche that you think are interesting and type them into the Twitter search bar. My main thing is that I look at the intentions of the tweets. I want to target keywords that are used by real users, not companies that auto-share their content.

Maybe it's a little early to post results because I've set up Tweetfavy only yesterday and my IFTTT recipes 5 days ago, but I'm just seeing this works and wanted to share with you. Every time I check Twitter I am seeing loads of new Twitter messages saying 'X Retweeted you' or 'Y likes your Tweet' and especially the number of 'Tweet displays' (the attached screenshot is in Dutch, but it's the 2nd column from the left) is pretty sweet.

This whole thing definitely needs some more tweaking; I'll check in here later to show whether I've made some progress. One thing I need to work on is an attractive cover image with a good call-to-action. This should help with driving the profile visitors to my site, which is the main goal.

Attached Files:

KingsWood, cardine and megodon like this.
  2. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

I noticed a while ago that there were a group of 5-10 Twitter accounts that for a while were auto liking anything that had #GrowthHacking as a hashtag. What was interesting is that I realized that some people would purposefully use that hashtag because they knew that those 5-10 Twitter accounts would like or retweet their tweets each time which gave them fake validation, making it seem as if each of their tweets had a lot of organic response to them.

It was an interesting ecosystem where people were auto liking for exposure and real people were purposefully writing tweets that would get auto liked for validation. And it took me a couple of times to realize what was going on, if you aren't paying attention the whole thing seems completely organic.

I wonder if those auto likers were using something like Tweetfavy... those accounts all had quite a bit of followers so clearly they were doing something right.

Paul and mstchr like this.
  3. Paul

Paul Member

Anyone an idea for a good IFTTT recipe or other solution to feed random blog posts from my own blog to Twitter? I'm not posting new stuff at all to the blog but I want to drive some traffic to all the posts. I do know there is a Wordpress plugin for this, but looking for something else.

4. Paul

Paul Member

Thought it would be nice to post an update. See the screenshot for the stats from 4 days later than the screenshot of the opening post.

Attached Files:

5. emp

emp Senior Member

Sara, Golan, Dinesh Agarwal and 4 others like this.
  6. Paul

Paul Member

That seems like a great tool indeed and more advanced than Tweetfavy. After my free trial ends with Tweetfavy I'll be trying Tweetfull (I'll use your aff link @emp )

7. Dinesh Agarwal

Dinesh Agarwal New Member

Hey Guys,

I am the creator of Tweet Full. I have been getting some traffic from this Forum and finally got a chance to see why :)

Just signed up to thank you folks. I will stick around and learn from you guys.

- Dinesh

BigDog, Sara, Golan and 2 others like this.
  8. Paul

Paul Member

I contacted Dinesh from Tweetfull by PM and after the weekend I'm going to sign up with Tweetfull and continue this case study (it wasn't intented as a case study, but I guess it has become one now :)) as 'IFTTT + Tweetfull'. Dinesh will help me setting up everything correctly and monitor so that we can make this a success.

These are the current stats: http://prntscr.com/abe5zi. Still rising, although I don't see many visits from Twitter to my site yet. It's possible that part of these visits are counted as direct visits in in Analytics though. I did update my Twitter cover pic and have a pretty compelling pic now with a CTA that should drive people to the site.

9. Paul

Paul Member

All right guys, I've set up Tweetfull. Looks like an awesome tool so far. Dinesh from Tweetfull is looking into the account and see if we can optimize some settings. I'll post updates here the next couple of days.

Golan likes this.
  10. Dinesh Agarwal

Dinesh Agarwal New Member

You are all set, Paul. I had a look at your promotion and I think you are set up all right. We will be increasing your engagement after a week or two depending on what kind of response you get with your current settings.

Here are a few things that I'd recommend for your Twitter account:

1. Your Twitter bio on your profile is short. I guess explaining a little more will help you get better conversion.

2. Remove your location from your Twitter bio. It is no help and it makes the link to your website from your bio the third item and hence you reduce the chances of a click.

3. Have a Tweet pinned to your profile that has a link and a clear call-to-action.

With those changes you will see how to get more traffic. I'd recommend using tools to do what I do on my Twitter profile. Check it out at http://twitter.com/tweetfullapp (click on any link on any Tweet that I have shared other than the pinned Tweet to see the magic). However, the solution I use is comprehensive and thus a little expensive but you may find cheaper options as well. This also increases the clicks.

I will keep an eye on your progress and look forward to getting updates from you. Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Sara, Paul and Golan like this.
  11. Golan

Golan Established Member

Freaking two great advises, thank you!

Dinesh Agarwal likes this.
  12. Paul

Paul Member

Great tips Dinesh and I love how you've set up your profile with the testimonial in the header image. I'll make the changes to my profile right away.

Here another screenshot from the Twitter stats from today (that's today vs 28 days ago): http://prntscr.com/ad2fci

13. emp

emp Senior Member

Did the tweetfull promotin start already?

Anyway you could mark the start of that in the graph? MSPAINT?

::emp::

14. Paul

Paul Member

@emp Started just 2 days ago. There is no way to mark that in the graph of the Twitter stats..it's not very detailed and the numbers are today vs 28 days ago with a daily refresh of the stats.

If anyone has recommendations for other Twitter stats programs I'll look into it.

What I can say is that all numbers are going up and I get loads of favorites and RT's. I've just made the changes to my profile Twitter profile that Dinesh recommended so we'll see if that drives more visits to the site.

15. PlainEnglish

PlainEnglish New Member

I think what you are looking for is: http://meetedgar.com/ it lets you recycle your old posts onto your social media. Combine this with your IFTTT recipe ;)

16. Paul

Paul Member

Looks nice, thanks...seems they have a waiting list though!

17. Paul

Paul Member

Stats from 6 days since last update: http://prntscr.com/afk3d7. Gained 50 followers which is ok, but what's really good is the almost 3000 profile views in 6 days...not bad at all!

@Dinesh Agarwal What do you think so far?

Dinesh Agarwal likes this.
  18. Paul

Paul Member

This case study died off due to some problems with Tweetfull but we're bringing it back to life. :) I discussed with @Dinesh Agarwal and we just turned the tool on again. I'll report back in a few days to discuss results.

19. Paul

Paul Member

Ok, reporting back. I used Tweetfull for a week now on my Twitter account and these are the results taken from the Tweetfull dashboard: http://prntscr.com/c6rzmz. So basically we're following others and doing favorites. This brings in quite a few followers. It's not spectacular but certainly not bad.

Looking at the visitors from Twitter > my site I'm less positive: http://prntscr.com/c6s30n. Didn't really increase and the numbers are very low.

Conclusion so far: IFTTT + Tweetfull = nice to build up your Twitter profile but doesn't result in a lot of traffic to your site.

@Dinesh Agarwal You want to jump in here with your thoughts?

cardine likes this.
  20. JimKata

JimKata New Member