Intoduction Thread

Discussion in 'Apex Lounge' started by L_C, Jan 31, 2016.

Share This Page

1. L_C

L_C Member

There doesn't seem to be one and I happen to be curious as to where most come from, and what forums we have migrated from.

I happen to be from Australia and I stumbled across a link for this place somewhere, I can't recall where. I've been a moderator on Namepros, loved wicked fire where I had two handles (learningcurve and some other guy that posted pretty pictures).

I figure a large number of you are from the States, but I know we have a Swiss rep and a few members from the Asian region.

2. Envrin

Envrin Active Member

Ohhh, you're Suddenly_Ass? Cool. :)

I'm Kiopa_Matt from WF. I got banned after I pissed Jon off by telling him he's going to destroy the board by putting up a pay wall, which sure enough, is exactly what happened.

I'm in Thailand. Bounce back to Canada once in a while to visit my family, but for the most part, am happy here. Regardless of where in the world I am, I'm stuck behind computer typing code, so what the hell, might as well do it from the tropics.

potentialeight, Allen Gomes and L_C like this.
  3. emp

emp Senior Member

emp from wickedfire, and yes, Switzerland. (living here for ten years now, originally from Germany)

::emp::

Allen Gomes and L_C like this.
  4. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

Hi everyone! I'm cardine, and I've been a member of a number of forums over the years. I was most active on WF, but I also have accounts on pretty much every other forum in the industry.

I live in Baltimore Maryland, and I found out about Apex Forum by creating it!

5. megodon

megodon Administrator Staff Member

I grew up in Philadelphia, went to the University of Delaware, now I live in Maryland and work with @cardine

In my spare time I like to grab a glass of milk with @godcat and a few other Apex Forum users

godcat likes this.
  6. godcat

godcat Member

I heard ~10 USD a day gets you a beach front villa, food, and a daily massage, is that true?

7. Envrin

Envrin Active Member

No. It's about $2500/month for me to live a decent life here, and I'm not in a tourist area. I'm in one of the cheap areas,

8. L_C

L_C Member

I've never been to Thailand but I've been to other tropical locales like Bali and Fiji. How do you deal with the damn humidity? It can feel like walking into a wall in those countries.

@cardine Are you seriously only 23? Damn, I wish I had your skills at that age. :)

sites likes this.
  9. Envrin

Envrin Active Member

Well, right now it's mid-winter, so the weather is absolutely beautiful. Mid 30s during the day, low 20s at night (celsius), so you couldn't ask for better weather. Don't even need a fan, let alone an air-conditioner.

There's only about 6 - 8 weeks a year where the heat is brutal, and gets to mid 40s during the day. During then, not much you can do. Drink at least 4L of water a day, don't get fat, keep your hair short, eat spicy food to keep your pores open, stay close to a fan and/or air conditioner, and don't go outside in the afternoon -- run your errands early morning or late at night. Aside from that, not much you can do except suck it up, and wait it out. :)

L_C likes this.
  10. cardine

Yup, I'm 23... but for only three more days!

sites and returntrip like this.
  11. Username

Username New Member

Hi to everyone on this forum. My name is James. Hopefully i learn something good from this place.

12. Krayzie

Krayzie New Member

Hey guys ,

My name is John and i just wanted to take some time and introduce myself.I found this forum on a Skype group chat im in and decided to join.I really like what i see so far in here so this looks like a pretty cool forum.

13. returntrip

returntrip Member

What are we doing to celebrate?!!?!

Anaconda likes this.
  14. slayerment

slayerment New Member

Hello. You may know me as slayerment from some other forums. I live in Los Angeles and I like Bitcoin, Anarcho-Capitalism and building businesses.

sites, mstchr and Envrin like this.
  15. mstchr

mstchr Active Member

MSTeacher from a couple other forums. I grew up in Maine, built houses and furniture in Maine, taught middle school in Maine, learned to make internet monies in Maine, managed a non-profit in Vermont, and recently traveled Europe and Asia for two years. I'm currently back in Maine and will be for the next few months. I enjoy sultry jazz, long walks on the beach and talking dirty to my computer when the fan makes weird noises.

emp, sites, Anaconda and 2 others like this.
  16. Simseen

Simseen Member

Well, hello!

My name is Simon, and i'm 18 years old. I'm currently living in Spain, but i'm born and raised in Denmark.

I've been working with affiliate marketing for some years now. Besides of affiliate marketing i'm also doing some SEO consulting for companies, and working as a programmer for a Danish company in Spain!

17. cardine

I had a feeling I knew you from WickedFire but I couldn't quite pinpoint who you were. Great to see you here, especially now that I know who you are :)

18. rymedia

rymedia New Member

bauss from WickedFire
    Ryan in various Skype groups

19. Anaconda

Anaconda Established Member

That's depressing - I'm old enough to be your mother - I have a daughter who is 23. LOL

I'm a Kiwi - living in Rotorua NZ. Home of the Geysers.

L_C and sites like this.
  20. Sara

Sara New Member

Hi everyone, been reading lots of posts today and so impressed by all of the great information that is being freely shared!
    I have been dabbling in IM on and off since 1999 - so yes I am older than 23!
    I live in sunny QLD in Australia, and have just resigned from my day job (been there almost 17 years) and have about 6 weeks until I start my new job so thought I would give IM a go full-time for a while

L_C and Anaconda like this.