[Journal] Growing A Money Site Network To $10,000 A Month!

Discussion in 'Case Studies and Journals' started by shaunm, Apr 1, 2017.

Share This Page

1. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

Evening Guys,

Welcome to my journey to growing my fresh money site network from close to $100 per month to what I hope will end up being over $10,000 a month one day. I plan to post in the thread at the end of each day and cover the internet marketing tasks I have completed that day as well as answer any questions I may receive.

As this will grow to be a whole network of sites I will not be sticking to any one specific traffic generation method or income source. The current traffic sources I am looking to exploit are search, social media, social bookmarking, subscriptions and a few other traffic leaking sources. Income will hopefully range from display ads, affiliate sales, product sales, sponsorships and product sales. The actual money site network will be made up of self-hosted websites, youtube channels, social media accounts and parasites.

Fingers crossed, in time I will reach my goal :).

anagnam, cardine and Anaconda like this.
  2. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    • Completed some keyword research settling on 20 keywords for one project and one main keyword for another, both will be black hat.
    • Ordered the content for the above keywords but my writer is a little swamped right now so no idea when I will get the content.
    • Chased up some stuff for a YouTube based project but havent heard back yet.
    • Researched some copyright law that seems to stop one of my planned income courses but I think I have found a work around.
    • Ordered a new VPS, catch-all and come proxies for my upcoming black hat stuff.
    • Set up the VPS how I like it and begun to optimize it for SER, as its a low spec machine it may take a few days to get it right.
    • Typed up about half of a post for my personal blog on how I optimise VPS' and servers for SER.
    • SILOed up a white hat site own to see if the concept works.
    • Processed my traffic leaking notifications.
    • Worked on setting up better comparison tables for Amazon based sites and I think I have one nailed that I can set a template up for easily.
    • Read some of Show Dog.

Anaconda and Lerone like this.
  3. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

IMO you're spreading yourself out too far. I know people who are good at e-comm and make their money from their products. I know people who are good at YouTube and make their money from their channels. I know people who are good at SEO and make their money from SE traffic.

I don't know (or have heard of) someone who has such vast expertise.

Focus on one thing and get good at it. Focusing on too many things will make you mediocre at several things.

If you're using this as a way to figure out what' you're good at, then do it. Otherwise, pick a field and stay in it for... ohhh... 4 years. Yeah, I'd say 4 years is a 100% obtainable goal to reach $10,000/month with 1 person and an unknown amount of capital. (Obviously, you should plan to reach the goal before it reaches 4 years).

Anyways, good luck dude.

4. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• I finished optimizing my VPS it seems to have settled around the 650 contextual links per minute mark.
    • I have finished planning my link pyramids for my up coming sites.
    • As I have no serious black hat projects ready I have started blasting some old amazon parasites I have to see if anything happens.
    • I finished typing up my blog post on how to optimize a VPS/Server.
    • Cleaned out my rank tracker and analytics removing sites hit by Penguin 4, the December 15th update and the Feb 2nd/8th updates.
    • Decided how I will try and recover my site hit by Fred, I will probably start it tomorrow.
    • Received confirmation that I will be receiving some of my content for my YouTube project this coming week.
    • Tested video editing using iMovie ready for receiving YouTube content.
    • Started a blog tutorial on footprint scraping.
    • Started a small footprint scraping test inspired by typing up the tutorial.
    • Read some more of shoe dog.

Thanks for the advice :). I got upto just over $3000 per month at my highest point from black hat SEO when doing it as a side project then penguin 4, Fred and two or three other updates in between we rolled out and wiped out all of my sites.

I doing it this way to diversify so if that happens again I should still be able to pull money from one of the other sources while I recover.

5. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• Yesterday's parasite blasting ended up with around 700,000 links. I will just leave them for now as its not a priority.
    • Started to receive some of my content for my black hat projects from my main writer.
    • Posted some new jobs on UpWork looking for low-end writers for filler content.
    • Ran some testing for SEREngines and I think RX still has the upper hand but I will give it another chance in a week or so.
    • Ordered a few fiverr gigs for a number of different things such as website logos and burner emails.
    • I have set up some SER projects to test if it will be better to run filtered lists or regular premium lists on my upcoming project.
    • I have been looking at different web 2.0 domains that can be used as a tier one, decided I will just outsource it.
    • I have been planning some index tests as my rough maths is suggesting one of the black hat projects will have around 125,000 total links over two tiers with the other one having around 2,000,000. Ideally, I want to index around 50% of these but its a nightmare these days so I will try some smaller indexing packages to see how they do before buying a high volume one.
    • I have started working on a tutorial for my personal blog on how to scrape your own lists with SER.

6. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    • Finished the test from yesterday between raw premium lists and filtered lists in SER, for this particular projects I think raw premium lists will be better.
    • Changed hosting provider for my new black hat sites as I have had a few problems with Host Gator, ordered the hosting and set it up. Its backend is totally different to what i'm used to so I think I have done something wrong as the site is showing as down. I will wait until tomorrow to see if it is just my registrar dragging its heels with changing the name servers and then ticket my new hosts support for help.
    • Ordered a new domain for one of my black hat projects.
    • Started to put out tier one backlinks from both SER and RX to an existing site in an attempt to recover it from Fred. I have seen a bunch of people going on about how it is due to over optimization with ads but I think my offpage anchors maybe the reason I was hit so I am diluting them.
    • Ran some tests in SER to further optimize link output for contextual link types.
    • Rebuilt my contextual templates for SER due to the results of various tests from the past few days, in theory theses should be good to go for tier one, two and three now without the need to change many of the settings saving me time in the future.
    • Hired some low-end writers on UpWork from the job posted yesterday.
    • Ran some further tests between RX and SERE, RX kicks its ass currently but SERE has only been out of beta for a week or so, fingers crossed it gets better. Still considering having my own web 2 creator built.
    • Created some custom manual human article spin templates for my upcoming projects.
    • Used the templates in the above point to make spins for five of my keywords for some tier one projects going live. I have read an unspin for each and they are actually really good. Hoping this method pays off, if not I will just try auto generated content again.
    • Set of tier one projects for a four page projects I have on the go. It wont be a large earner in itself but its more of a proof of concept project.
    • Chased up my YouTube stuff, there are some small issues but everything it starting to move slowly.
    • Did a little bit more work on my guide to building auto accept lists with SER but I have been too busy with other things to get much done.
    • Read some shoe dog.

7. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    • Cleaned out Skype and Slack groups.
    • Started to build out the SER side of the T2/T3 of the four page site I did the T1 for yesterday.
    • Contacted support for the new hosting, they said it may take unto 48 hours with the way their system works. If it is not working by then I will go to another host.
    • Built out a SER T2 for the Fred recovery projects to try and help with indexing.
    • Going back on using just a raw premium list, when testing it seemed fine but in practise with a high load on the VPS it can’t compaire went from around 150 LPM unto 400 LPM
    • Tweaked the SILOing on my white hat site
    • Set up a new site for one of my black hat projects.
    • Ordered logo for new site.
    • Added and configured plugins to the new site.
    • Set up analytics and ranker tracker for the new site.
    • Posted content for new black hat site.
    • Ordered manual web 2 for T1 along with some manual social bookmarks.
    • Started building out the automated T1 of the new black hat project.
    • Read for at least an hour.

Anaconda likes this.
  8. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    • Added some new freshly filtered links to my SER list, I do this most days, its basically flipping the verified URLs on the Flipping projects in the screenshot below into my live projects.
    • Tweaked some settings on Scrapebox as it kept getting my proxies banned when index checking, I guess google have changed their limits again.
    • Checked the index rates for all my tier one to see how my new theory is going with the non-con blasting, its too early to tell really but its around 5% indexed now.
    • Started to receive some of the lower end fillter articls on UpWork for one of my projects, two failed copyscape checks so rejected the work and reported the accounts.
    • Tweaked Captcha Breaker a bit as my regular settings seem to be under performing on this VPS.
    • Ordered and received a new logo off Fiverr for my YouTube project.
    • Ordered an animated video intro version of the logo for my YouTube project.
    • Set up the social media accounts for the YouTube project.
    • I received some of the work ready for the YouTube project and I love it, decided to practise my video editing with the stuff I have and it ended up taking hours although it only seemed like half an hour. Anyway, I understand much more about imovie now and have worked out ways to complete each section of the video now.
    • Typed and published up my case study YouTube intro post decided I will release the channel details once its launched and added a sneak peak and the concept to the post.
    • Received the manual T1 Social Bookmarks ordered yesterday checked them over and they seem solid.
    • The new hosting has completed its setup but wordpress has installed in the wrong directory or something but I haven’t had time to fault find it yet.
    • Read for an hour.
    • I have been trying to workout the max link output that I can put the VPS to as I am used to much higher specs but it should be able to cover my requirements. Heres a screenshot of the current link counts. Link counts are all over the place because of daily limits I have set and different groups are doing different things.
    [​IMG]

9. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    • Tested a few things on iMovie again.
    • Messed around with Pixlemator some more to improve what I can do with it.
    • Ordered some custom audio for the YouTube channel.
    • Received my video intro and I am happy with it, I noticed something though with the name of the project and I may tweak it as a better fit and reorder some of the Fiverr gigs to reflect the branding change.
    • Made another template for the YouTube project
    • Messed around with Pixlemator trying to workout the best way to make thumbnails for the YouTube project.
    • Did some math and this VPS should be able to knock out 150,000-200,000 links per day with all the projects required for these domains so it should be able to kick out what I need.
    • Set up a SER non-contextual project to make 250 non-contextual do follow submissions to an old parasite per day. I don’t expect it to rank but I am curious as to how it will behave.
    • Contacted RX support about a feature suggestion that will save me around 45 minutes to an hour a day if implemented and got some interesting news from them :).
    • Added my last article to my white hat site, just going to leave that to sit for a few month now to see what happens.
    • Added privacy policies to the black hat sites as I had forgot to do it.
    • Posted new articles received yesterday for one of the black hat sites.
    • Chased up one of the article writers, no reply yet so I will probably have to end the job and give it to one of my other writers.
    • Theorycrafted a social media botting plan for the YouTube project
    • Received one of the logos off Fiverr for one of my black hat projects and uploaded it to the site.
    • Theorycrafted a social bookmarking promotion stratergy that I plan to use. Reddit is streight forward as I use it every day, Stumbledupon sees easy enough as I use it for my personal blog but I need to make an account on some of the others to workout how they work.
    • Read my kindle.

10. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    • Early update today as I am only working a half day with it being the weekend and I am off out for a few drinks later so I will probably only work a half day tomorrow if that.
    • Edited some of the YouTube templates
    • Changed up some of the Google display ad placement on some tests sites getting traffic to split test it against how they performed for the past month to see if the new ad possisions help increase EPM.
    • Received the custom auto for the YouTube project and love it!
    • Received more content from upwork and posted it to one of the black hat sites.
    • Started to read up on Follow liker for an up coming project.
    • Editied the custom audio for the YouTube project to save time in the future.
    • Made a full test video for my YouTube project.
    • Read my kindle
    • noticed I crossed the 1000 hours logged mark on Rescue Time.
    [​IMG]

Anaconda likes this.
  11. n00b

n00b Member

pretty hard core for using GSA man =) keep it up! I have abandon my gsa and servers last 2-3 months. well never worked for me good for yoU!

12. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    Another half day with it being the weekend.
    • Check on the progress of one of my writers that is doing around 20 articles for me and he says its all on track.
    • Started to research shopify as a potential income source for a project.
    • Tried to work on the hosting for the new provider but it seems to be very intermittent and down a lot. If it stays like this I will ticket them for help.
    • Researched Woocommers and I think thats probably the best way to go.
    • Compaired follow liker and mass planner, I think it will be mass planner that I go with.
    • Scrapped the new hosting service, its still seems to be down and I’m not a fan of the interface, I have my eye on another one so will look at using that.
    • Started researching social media platforms for the YouTube project as I only really use Facebook

Yea it defo took a hit from Penguin 4, I have no idea if it will work or not in all honesty. So many people had given up on SER though and I was still ranking stuff with it so time will tell I guess.

13. Golan

Golan Established Member

I can't believe reading this in 2017.

Otherwise, respect to your commitment and capacity, and good luck!

Anaconda likes this.
  14. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    • Started typing up my blog post on building the ultimate auto accept list.
    • Reverified T1 links to get rid of dead links so T2/T3 aint building pointless links.
    • Unspun some new article spins from my custom templates I set up a few days back for the parasite project.
    • Set a patreon page up ready for the YouTube project, I still need to think of the reward structure for it but I have a few things in mind. I also have another project in mind that this type of income source may work on but its a few month off yet as I am so busy right now.
    • Received more work from my artist for the YouTube project so created the thumbnails for the YouTube videos
    • I have been researching social media platforms further, I am pretty sure I have the basics for all the ones I am interested in other than Google+. No the wonder it is struggling/dead, I have no idea what to do with it and the interface just seems bad. Anyway its watermarked into the videos now so I will look for some form of automation to post to it.
    • Spend about 20 minutes trying to add the channel art to the YouTube channel and I have given up and left it as it.
    • Uploaded first video to YouTube only to realise the annotations feature is being removed and replaced with a new cards feature. I will have to have a rethink of how I want the videos to sign off.
    • Started to render and upload the videos for the Youtube project in the new format that is not based on annotations.
    • Chased up a my freelancer for these next 20 articles and it should all be on track, once that site is online I will focus 100% of the VPS specs towards it as well as $50-$100 of captcha credits to see how it goes and leave the other projects to sit and age a little bit.
    • Registered the domain name and set the self hosted domain up for the YouTube project but the DNS is taking ages to propergate so I havent been able to do much with it.
    • Edited/Updated the shared Trello for my YouTube project for my freelancer to work from.
    • Read my kindle
    • Noticed that one of my Parasites has climbed suddenly from the SER links, it probably won’t last but this time last year they used to dance up and down before selling on the higher position so fingers crossed.
    [​IMG]
    • Checked the indexing rates for my projects blasting non contextual to try and index, they aint doing too bad considering they are less than a week old but I am sceptical if they will stick though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any chance of a suggestion?

15. Golan

Golan Established Member

On hosting? If you have a budget, then Knownhost of course. For cheap stuff, just read some reviews on Webhostingtalk. I can't really say who rules these days. But for sure stay away from Hostgator.

16. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    • Typed more of my ultimate scraping guide up.
    • Uploaded the last of the videos for the YouTube project.
    • Set up IFTTT for the YouTube project.
    • Set up tag templates for the various video playlists for the YouTube project.
    • Increased the parasite daily link count unto 1000 links just to see if it will keep climbing.
    • Set the T1 and some of the T2 SER projects on the four page domain to verify only to give the T3 a chance to catch up.
    • Turned the T1 project to verify only for the Fred recovery site as it has 1xxx T1 SER links. That should be enough to dilute its anchor profile so I will just let its non-contextual T2 build out now.
    • Set up the domain for the YouTube project, I have only used a free place holder theme for now as I don’t expect the domain itself to get much traffic as the majority of my efforts will be towards YouTube. If the project takes off I have my eye on a premium theme.
    • Ran some test with RX to try workout the captcha cost for my manual T1 project when it comes through. Its currently costing around 10 cents per premium link blast with one time use accounts.
    • Started to promote the YouTube channel
    • Created some numbers spreadsheets to help me track my promotion efforts for the YouTUbe project.
    • Read my kindle
    • There is enough on the YouTube channel to set the videos to public now, here are some of the videos.

Anaconda likes this.
  17. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    • Set up some new IFTTTs for the YouTube project.
    • Started more traffic leaking for the YouTube project.
    • Received some more filler content for one of my black hat domains from a writer so posted it and submitted it to Google.
    • I have been tweaking some stuff on my VPS to try and workout a way to split the resources between RX and SER as I plan to dedicate the VPS to building out T2 for my manual T1 project when I receive the links from the freelancer. Its so much harder to optimise because I can’t see exactly what RX is doing at any given time but I think I finally did it.
    • Crunched some numbers for my non-contextual indexing method, I think a high end VPS should be able to knock out around 1,500,000 links per day meaning it should be able to index all of the links for manual tier one project if required but i’m not sure if the target non contextual will be able to take the added load so I think I will still use an indexing service.
    • Worked with WooCommerce a little more to try and get my head around it a little more.
    • Chased up the manual web 2.0s and they have now been delivered.
    • Checked in with my upwork writer for my SILO site and everything is on track.
    • Decided to up my parasite non contextual blasting to 5000 submissions per day.
    • Started researching paid traffic for the YouTube project.
    • Started researching Reddit bots/paid upvotes.
    • Edited the art for the YouTUbe project so it fits with instagrams resolution and posted the pics. IFTTT syndicated it across the social accounts and its already getting a few retweets.
    • Set all of my current SER projects to inactive other than my Parasite one, backed them up and deleted them as I want my VPS to focus on building out a T2 for the project with the manual T1. Set all of the SER projects up for this but I want to think of a better way to manage the RX side of it.
    • Settled on a T2 RX plan for the Manual T1 project so set of some initial RX projects to see how they do.
    • Did some math to try and workout system requirements for running follow liker, a redditbot, SER and RX all on one low end VPS. I think it is possible provided I increase the time line for the manual T1 project.
    • Added a basic $1 reward to patron for the YouTube project just so there is something there while I focus on growing the channel.
    • Worked on my ultimate guide to building an auto accept list, its over 4100 words now and still has a fair bit to go. I set a blog goal to release one post per week though so I will either type up my white hat case study report for last month or a post on the daily journaling threads to meet my goal as they are next on my Trello list for content.
    • Read my kindle

18. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    Only a half day today guys as I have some stuff I need to sort offline, not sure if I will be able to get much, if anything don't tomorrow too.

• Remembered how heavily moderated fresh Reddit accounts are and had the auto mod bots close one of my threads so I will go back to my main account and try push traffic to the YouTube project from it.
    • Started to migrate RX links into SER for holding/verification for the manual T1 project.
    • Added $50 to 2captcha for RX to build out its side of the T2 for the manual T1 project.
    • I had planned to download the FL trial today to get to grips with it but I have stuff on today and am helping a friend move house tomorrow so I will wait until either the weekend or Monday so I can put as much time in it as possible without paying.
    • Worked on my ultimate guide to scraping post.
    • Started some test RX blasts including platforms that I don’t usually run to see what it produces.
    • Updated my ultimate guide to GSA Search Engine Ranker in a few areas.
    • I decided to remove all restrictions on the SER project for the parasite and go for a churn and burn style blast as I will probably delete the project if follow liker load is high.
    • Read my kindle

Here's what the link counts for the Parasite and Manual T1 are looking like now.

[​IMG]

19. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Nothing to report for yesterday, I helped a friend move house and then went out drinking with it being the bank holiday.

20. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    Just a half day with it being the weekend/Easter bank holiday.

• Settled on the link building pyramid for my Black Hat Silo site.
    • Started penning out some ideas for a potential PBN project.
    • Worked on my ultimate scraping guide, its almost 7000 words now and close to being complete, I just need my tools to finish processing the example lists and type a few paragraphs up on each of those then it will be ready.
    • Chased up the content that should have been delivered yesterday for the black hat project as it wasn’t submitted.
    • Decided next weeks main project will be getting to grips with follow liker to promote the YouTube project.
    • Updated some of the posts in my ultimate SER list filtering guide so it flows better with my upcoming post on how to create your lists.
    • Read my kindle while hungover.
    • Alive checked the RX and SER links for the manual T1 project and they are currently looking like this….
      [​IMG]
    • The parasite blasting is still going strong too, because of the way I filter my lists I would estimate about 80% of the submitted links are verified but I don't enable verification on projects blasting in the way this one is.
      [​IMG]