[Journal] Growing A Money Site Network To $10,000 A Month!

Discussion in 'Case Studies and Journals' started by shaunm, Apr 1, 2017.

Share This Page

1. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• On of the writers I was using for money site content for the zero back linking tests on my aged domain has family issues and has had to drop out. I have pushed his jobs to my main money site writer. He is double the price but an excellent writer. I have also been going over my Analytics and SERP trackers for my current zero backlink stuff. It still seems that super low comp keywords take around the 10 week mark to get traffic.
    • Manually submitted some new pages to Google that I added to one of my domains a few weeks back as a test as they are all indexed but not in the top 300 for their target keyword. Checked my rank tracker on the overnights and they have all jumped into the top 60 for their target keywords with one jumping to 12th. Curious as to if this will hold though.
    • Reduced the affiliate links on three pages on my main site to zero as a test as they seem to have been hit the most by the update on the 12th. In theory, it should be the easiest way to see if it recovers or not.
    • Started to type up some of the articles for my main sites zero backlinks to page test to help get the content online quicker. It will also help keep the costs down.
    • A few of my money pages on my main site have jumped back onto the first page for their keywords so thats a good sign of recovery from the migration. Its traffic is also back to pre-12th December rollout levels. The money page for my bridge network test has also started to climb in the SERPs already.
    • My legacy site has also recovered after the migration and its traffic is back to its pre-12th december rollout levels. I thought this would take longer but I am glad its back to pre rollout levels as it was running at around -40%. I am hoping that this either holds or increases over time but time will tell.
    • Had Natural-language processing brought to my attention over on the GSA forum. I would imagine Google have implemented something like this over the past 12-18 month and thats why I am seeing such bad results with anything using auto generated content.
    • Received some of the content for my aged domains zero backlinking test so posted it out to the money site network and submitted it to Google.
    • Listned to Audible
    • The last money site article for the site I started around the start of January has been delivered so that site is now complete. There are a few PBN/BN/Web 2 tests running on it but a bunch of the pages have been left with zero backlinks. I will leave it six month to see what happens.

2. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

I havent had much time to get stuff done today due to having a bunch of real life stuff on.

• Typed up three money site articles for my aged domains zero back linking keywords.
    • The crypto markets seem to have had a pretty big correction over night due to China potentially banning centralised exchanged. This is excellent news for OmiseGo who are my second largest holding right now as they are planning to release a decentralised exchange. With all that traffic being pushed to decentralised exchanges it can increase the dividend from OmiseGo POS. Hoping Jun from OmiseGo has some good news regarding Plasma when he speaks at a crypto conference on the 18th that can help rebound OMG and ETH.
    • Listened to Audible, finished the art of war.

3. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• The crypto markets are pretty much a bloodbath right now. I am hoping that the coin.jp event starting tomorrow has some solid announcements for both ETH and OMG in a hope it can stop the bleed or even get them growing in value again. I have did some math and even if the crypto markets drop below the market cap they were at when I got in, I should be able to wait out the dip on my current savings and the income from my sites for a fair few months as I have no plans to sell anything.
    • Typed up two money site articles myself for my main site that has aged in and decided to type up two money site articles for my fresh domain that will get zero backlinks. The keywords for these articles are using a new twist on my keyword research method so I am curious to see how they turn out. Even if they reduce the sandbox time for me for a month or two I would be happy.
    • Listened to audible.
    • I have transferred my BTC holdings into OmiseGo as I feel it has a better potential for growth this year in comparison to bitcoin.
    • The site I built out earlier this month is now starting to get traffic from Google, its only 1-2 hits per day but its better than nothing. Not expecting much from it until May/June. My main two sites are bouncing all over the place now, not sure if it is due to the roll out on the 12th December, the current rollout showing on Algoroo for the past week or so or just issues from changing hosts. CRT to Amazon and CR is down accordingly even though I did expect a down turn with it being January, I didn’t think it would be this bad.
    • Completed my first crypto swing trade managed to make 0.17 ETH profit. Its not much but its better than nothing. Although I am brand new to it, I definitely want to do it more in the future when the markets are more stable.

4. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• Typed up some new money site articles. My main focus right now is getting content online for my main site without back linking it as well as for my newest zero back linking domain.
    • Received the last of my content from my freelance writers. My plan is to just type stuff up myself for the time being as I don’t have much on and it will help keep costs down until I decide what direction I want to go in.
    • Spent some more time researching the ELEC ISO for next month as they have just released their technical white paper.
    • Not sure if my second site has been hit by something else but my SERP tracker is saying everyone of its pages has lost SERP positions over the past 24 hours with only one still being on page one in 9th possition. It would be a shame if I lost this site but it wouldn’t be the end of the world. The way I build this site out back in Feb 17 is a far cry from how I am building them now so its a nice reminder of how far I have came since then.
    • Started to go over the analytics for each of my money pages getting traffic. It seems that even though building backlinks to pages seems to push them up the SERPs quicker, they still don’t get traffic over 1-3 a day until the money page is five month old. I am only through around 25% of my money pages so far though so I need to process the rest.
    • Thankfully it looks like the crypto correction is over with the market cap climbing from $417 billion to $584 billion in the past day so my portfolio is climbing nicely again.

5. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• Finished checking my money page analytics and all but a handful seem to have a five month period before they start to get traffic.
    • After talking on a few GSA SER related threads over the past few few days and one of my sites seemingly being slapped again on the 16th/17th Jan I have decided to action one last ditch attempt at a theory I have been spit balling using SER. Although the majority will be done via the SERE engines, the native SER engines will be included and I have budgeted for three months of testing. I will have to use a money page from the website I setup earlier this month as its the only one setup in a way that this theory could work. The keywords US search volume is only 390 with its global search volume being 880 but it could serve as a proof of concept for moving forward although i’m not expecting much. Its kind of a last ditch attempt at black hat SEO to run in comparison with the Zero back linking site I am currently working on.
    • Made a summary post of my findings for the ELEC ICO and as much as I understand about the root blockchain it will use.
    • When checking my analytics it seems like the stuff I published on my main site back in July 17 are now starting to get traction in the SERPs. I’m hoping they will keep climbing in traffic over the coming weeks.
    • Listened to Audible.
    • Spent some time speaking to a member of one of the forums about his experiences with PBNs and although he agrees they are arnt as efficient as they once were for T1 linking, he reported having some success with them as a T2 so I will try and get a similar test online soon when I get some free time.
    • Ordered a VPS, a catch-all email, some disposable emails, some proxies and topped up my 2captcha account ready for the SER/SERE tests. Still waiting for the VPS to be set up and I will get everything online.
    • Typed up a MS article for my zero back linking site.
    • Ended up having to record it twice but I published a video on how long it can realistically take to become a millionaire to my YouTube channel.

6. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Not doing much today with it being the weekend.

Setup my VPS for my new SER rig as well as the initial project setup.
    Set off some filter projects to get a clean list for the SER project.
    Did some manual checks for my SER filter projects, I think I will have to do some sort of double filtering process before letting a list go to live projects for my test to prevent worthless stuff getting through.

7. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Still an easy day with it being the weekend.

Spent a bunch of time tweaking my SER setup. I think I have it where I want it now and managed to workout a way to squeeze out a few more contextuals from a few engines.
    Checked over the niche forums I post on as a weekly servicing task for ones that would be fit for purpose and managed to cut them right down to a hand full of what I was using to save time.
    I screwed up and accidentally deleted two of my SERP tracker projects forgetting I had changed the naming convention on them and thinking they were from legacy projects.
    I have been inboxing someone on Reddit who was also hit by the rollout on the 12th December. They have reported having some success with adjusting the readability of their articles. I guess this could make sense in why I was hit so I have change one article as a test. When I checked my site spreadsheets, none of the articles from one writer were effected where as every other writer has a few. I guess readability could be a factor, I have definitely seen the Google AI grown via the efficiency of autogenerated spins.
    Typed up an article for my zero backlinks site. Its current pages are now indexed but not in the top 300 for their keywords. From my pages put online last month and earlier this month I am expecting this to take around 30 days from the initial crawl.

8. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Typed up some new money site articles for my zero backlink domain.
    Tweaked a few SER settings to try an optimise the VPS a bit more. I think for now I will just have to settle for 50-70 LPM due to the amount of stuff happening on a cheap VPS.
    Tweaked how I layout my articles and how I come by my LSIs. If it works I will push it out to my live writers. One of the benefits of writing the articles myself for my zero backlink domain is seeing stuff like this.
    Went to the gym, supprised at how quickly I am able to increase plates each workout.
    After having did a bunch of research on ELEC last week and me intending to pick up some in their ICO in late Feb, I have now moved on to heavily researching REQ for this week.
    Listened to audible.
    Noticed that the adsense site I put online back in like October has a much lower RPM than my legacy site. They are in the same niche too. The legacy site has £10.17 from 32 clicks while the new one has £2.89 from 16 clicks. Curious as to if site ages plays a part in the CPC.
    The site that was my second main site seems to have been hit by something again over night. Thats three slaps within six weeks for it on the 12th December, 16th/17th Jan and 21/22nd Jan.
    Some good news for a change, three money pages I added to my main site back in November have popped onto the front page for their target keywords. According to my notes neither of them have any back linking. I checked them in AHRefs and one has some random link but its not from me. Gives me more hope that my zero back linking site may work as I need a win.
    Completed network servicing and started working out how best to do servicing for the new way I’m running SER.
    Crypto has corrected again but its still well above where I got in so I’m around +100% profitable.

9. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Published more content to my zero back linking domain.
    Started talking with a coder friend about a custom tool to make SER list filtering easier.
    Settled on my research for REQ, I rather just put more cash into OmiseGo at the current rates. It does seem like REQ has been losing out on the REQ/ETH ratio for a few weeks now though so if I see a decent deal then I might pick some up.
    Updated some of the articles on my zero back linking domain to bring it inline with my new style.
    Testing a new productivity method where I write 300-500 words for my zero back linking money site and then play a game of hearthstone. So far it seems to be working with me knocking out three articles today.

10. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Went to the gym.
    My zero backlink site has had a few of its pages pop into the top 100 for their target keywords so I am happy with that. More of my zero backlink money pages on my aged domain are also jumping into the top 50. On the flip site my other sites arnt having a good time right now. Current plan is to move forward with the zero backlink this. Leave the other sites to do as the please over the coming months. Let the SER stuff run for three month to see what happens.
    Watched this video about the upcoming Electrify Asia crypto project. Although I was looking at it for a quick flip but I am now planning on holding it. Its also added more confidence into the OmiseGo project. Looking forward to both cryptos AMA's on the 31st.
    Listened to Audible.
    Updated my SER settings for my test money page to the VPS should be able to push out more links. The T3 contextuals seemed to be the problem and ended up clogging everything up. Lowered their daily submits and will continue to monitor, I may have to swap up some of the priority settings.
    Typed up some content for my zero back linking test.
    Increased my OmiseGo position even further by transferring some Ethereum into OMG. If OMG can pull everything off that they are planning I am betting on more percentile growth on their token than ETH.

11. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Received more artwork from my freelance artist and formatted it ready for use.
    Adjusted the project priorities in the SER projects to try balance the load better. Turned off the T3 contextuals too.
    It seems my main site has been hit by something in the over nights, most of its keywords have dropped off the first page now. When I get some spare time I want to dig deep on both sites to see if it is only the pages that have links from PBNs that are falling.
    Listened to Audible.
    Decided to stop the productivity test where I type a part of one article and then play some hearthstone as its taking up too much time. I need to find something that I can use to keep me occupied and refresh me for breaks.
    Typed up another article for my zero back linking site.
    So I decided to check the top 10 for the target keywords for my main two sites. A few years back the first page would be 8/10 keyword in the article title. A few month back it was 4/10. Today it was 1/10 with just under half having 0/10. This could suggest that my domains haven’t actually been slapped, just what Google looks for in the on page has changed. I think I am going to take some time over the weekend to do another round of keyword research for my new zero back linking website and come at it from a different direction due to this.

12. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Did a little keyword research for my new theory for my zero back linking domain.
    Tried to get into my legacy domain but its backend seems to have screwed up in the site migration and the 2FA keeps kicking me out. But of a nightmare as I have a theory I wanted to test on it.
    Started doing some on page updates on what is currently my main site in an attempt to recover some pages from penalties.
    I have been reading up on Plasma and what it can potentially do for OmiseGo, Ethereum and a few other tokens. I think it will increase the price of the tokens a fair bit but I still think OmiseGo has much more room to grow than Ethereum. The ratio was decent between ETH/OMG today so I traded even more OMG.
    Although its still not perfect, I think I have the VPS running SER as balanced as possible so I will probably just leave it to run and do its thing for the next three month now.
    Published some new content from the new keywords on my zero back linking domain.

13. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

I have been digging deeper into the thing I mentioned a few days back about the number of articles in the top 10 not having the keyword in their title. I have decided to try a few articles with a new format that in theory fits what Google seem to be going for.
    Its been four month since I did my mass PBN round of link building and little to nothing has happened on the pages that got nothing but PBN links. In 2016 there was a whole bunch of movement on my PBN money site within this timeframe. This is enough for me to think non-niche related PBNs don’t work anymore. I have spoken to a few people who have dropped them totally and one who only uses them as a T2 now.
    Listened to Audible.
    Setup my amazon one link properly.
    Spent some time researching popular PBN threads in the BST. Although they get a whole bunch of posts in their threads, most are useless bumps. I have no idea how many threads I checked but I was only able to find one single review that shared analytics or rank tracker data and it wasn’t that impressive.
    While doing keyword research for my new niche I came across a new domain that was apparently only put online this month but it ranking for a whole bunch of keywords. Its AHRefs profile is just blog comments by the look of it. Going to investigate it more when I get time.
    Started adding amazon ads to my zero back linking domain.
    The ETH to OMG ratio is still strong today so I decided to get to my target OMG holdings due to thinking it has a better percentile growth chance than ETH. Its a gamble but I hope it pays off. I still think ETH is a good project and may transfer some OMG into ETH in the future depending on how much is required for POS. The remainder of my ETH is set aside for the ELEC ICO next month as I expect some pretty rapid growth on it.
    Setup some new alfred’s to assist with the new style of adding amazon code.

14. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Finished setting up my amazon one link by adding all the geo’s to it.
    Typed up some new articles for my zero back linking domain to test a new theory.
    Venture Capital Partner commenting on OmiseGo the day I go close to all in on it. Hoping its a good sign - https://twitter.com/APompliano/status/957262065768550402
    Turns out the ETH/OMG ratio has gotten better so I would have got more if I traded today but theres no way to have predicted that. Hoping the OMG price picks up over the coming days with their Q&A. Fingers crossed they release some good news in addition to answering peoples questions.
    Typed up some more content for my zero back linking domain using my old on page style.
    Reached out to my artist about a new thumbnail for the next video for my YouTube channel as I dont have anything that fits right now.

15. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

Lol, not interested in the slightest.

16. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    Noticed the money page I have SER working on seems to be dropping through the SERPs. It could be normal behaviour but with so much going on I will reassess it before the re-bill in three weeks and cancel everything for it if required.
    Typed up some more content for my zero back linking site.
    Start gathering the information required for my monthly update on my YouTube channel.
    Found this article about the upcoming Electrify Asia token ICO, thought it was a good read so decided to share it. - https://cryptopotato.com/electrify-asia-ico-evaluation/
    The ETH:OMG ratio I traded in a few days back has got even better. Shame I didn’t wait a few more days but hoping OMG starts gaining after the Q&A on the 31st.
    Posted out to a few niche forums to keep the account warm.
    Listened to Audible.

17. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Published more content to my zero back linking domain.
    Tweaked my SER rig a little bit.
    Watched the Electrify Asia Q&A. Some decent points in there, happy that ETH, OMG and ELEC holders will be getting the airdrop. -
    Listened to Audible.
    Changed up some of the plugins on my zero back linking domain and had to tweak a few things on the front end.
    USDT is in trouble with the US government so I am expecting Crypto to drop a bit now.
    Went to the gym.
    Recorded and published my January 2018 update on my youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyfj9qyOzBInnFITIt2Bw0w

18. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Received and formatted more art from my freelance artist.
    Set up some new alfred’s to make writing content easier.
    Typed up more content for my zero back linking domain.
    Tweaked some settings on my SER rig.
    Stayed up to watch the OmiseGo Q&A live incase I didn’t like the sound of the answers and could sell my tokens ASAP. - I like the sound of what I heard so kept my tokens. -

19. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

My zero back linking site has started to get the odd hit already, its only been online for around 10 days. Dancing around 1-3. Thats not much but the old style site I put online in early Jan only gets the odd one or two hits per few days. This has to be a good sign.
    The money pages that I am using in my SER test has been out of the SERPs for three days. I can’t remember if this is normal or not without going through my notes but so much has changed since then its probably a waste of time looking it up. If not much has changed before the re-bill I will cancel the VPS, Proxies and Email and hope the zero back linking site does well.
    Listened to Audible. Finished listening to Meditations.
    Updated the layout of my zero back linking domains pages.
    Typed up more content for my zero back linking domain.
    Used my monthly audible credit to get Bounce by Matthew Syed.

20. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

My new zero backlining site has started to get a very small amount of traffic. Curious as to how it performs as it’s already beating the average for the site from early jan that is three weeks older.
    Typed up more content for my zero back linking test.
    Crypto has gone a little crazy the past 24 hours. I missed out on the chance for some very cheap OmiseGo while I was sleeping. Earlier it looked like the market was recovering but it seems to be falling again now so I will keep my eyes on the price.
    It seems we are getting closer to the flippening in crypto. - https://www.flippening.watch/