[Journal] Growing A Money Site Network To $10,000 A Month!

Discussion in 'Case Studies and Journals' started by shaunm, Apr 1, 2017.

Share This Page

1. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    • Ordered some more manual web 2.0s.
    • Synced my quickbooks as one of my weekly and added some new rules to its system.
    • Read my kindle.
    • Set up some new RX projects.
    • Spoke with my manual web 2.0s guy for a bit as my emails to his questions weren’t getting through.
    • Did a little more brain storming for ideas for my web 2.0 tool based on things in current tools that I don’t like.
    • Received more of my manual web 2.0 orders so set up SER and RX projects for them.
    • Spent some time going over my analytics for my newer MNS and two of them are already pulling more traffic than the sites I made back in April. I think it might be something to do with Fred as the sites I made back then are all “Best of x” “x reviews” type articles where my newer MSNs have a wide range of content types.
    • Started some initial planning for a post on my personal blog about some observations I have made on UpWork.
    • Added the 1000 email accounts I got from Fiverr a few days back to my RX email bank. As SER targets totally different domains to RX they should be fine to run on both and pretty soon my daily RX project count will be over their free email limit.

nanexo likes this.
  2. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    • Decided to try my current web 2.0/RX/SER method on my domain that was hit by Fred to see how it reacts with a few twists.
    • Added some new jobs to upwork for open bidding for the Fred job.
    • I had some Robert Greene YouTube interviews playing as background noise while working and heard him talk about the OODA Loop by General Boyd and I decided to look into it. I had a quick look over its wikipedia page and I will research it more when I have time with a goal of implementing its methodology into my current and future test sites.
    • Sent more jobs out on upwork and spent some time going over my templates with two new writers. I have also taken on a new writer at her capacity with a one for one job deal so she completes one job and I send her a new one for her to work on as and when she can.
    • Started typing up my upwork observations post for my blog.
    • Set my SERPLab to sync in the early afternoon from now on rather than early morning so if I need to check it I can do it much earlier in the day.
    • Started testing some stuff with some leading articles spins with a few custom edits.
    • Ordered some new audiobooks for when I start going to the gym after I complete my gym induction.
    • Started toying with the scheduler on SER to see if it can increase over all LPM over the course of the day rather than leaving all projects to run freely and self-govern.
    • Received an update on the free review copy of the guest posting service to inform me that they have found a blog to post on and that they are in the process of posting. Not sure if I will scale into this right now as I am liking the way my RX and SER stuff are climbing but I will save the seller if the domain has decent metrics for possible future orders.
    • Looked at getting a smaller spec VPS to run my RX instance on rather than keeping it on the same one as SER But I will wait to see the results of the scheduling tests first.
    • Released one of my writers for bidding on a job, accepting the job offer and then asking for almost double the money on it.
    • Read my kindle.

3. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    • Started researching No Fap after randomly discovering the concept on Reddit with people saying it has benefited them with energy and focus.
    • The SER test with the scheduler seemed to stay around the exact same LPM so I will leave the projects to self-govern for now.
    • Started talking with one new potential client for me to manage his VPS and SER projects but I don’t think I will go ahead with it and been talking to another BHW member about some freelancing stuff who I may work with depending what he needs.
    • Read my Kindle.
    • Did a little traffic leaking for my personal blog.
    • Accidentally left SER turned off after running some backups so I lost about 6 hours of link building but I doubt it will make much if any difference over time.
    • Updated my reading list with some new books I have completed and purchased some new books.
    • Ordered a new low-end VPS for a specific project I have planned for the Fred domain to see if I can rank it using the same methods I am using on the MNS’.
    • Index checked a two day old batch of manual web 2.0s that I have only used my pyramid on rather than an indexing service and I am happy with its indexed ratio.
    • Completed my personal blog post on some of my Upwork observations and how to get your content cheap.
    • Ordered some new manual web 2.0s for the Fred site.
    • Set up and optimized the second VPS so its ready to go when I get the required manual web 2.0s to set they link pyramids up.
    • Set of some new RX projects.
    • Setup some new SER projects for a test parasite on the new VPS so it is working until I get the manual web 2.0s back for it but I expect little to nothign from it due to the past parasites I have ran recently.

4. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    • Stopped blasting the parasite on the new VPS and set up the templates ready for its live projects.
    • Screwed up on my dropbox syncing between my two VPS for my SER lists so spent a little time working out why it was crashing and fixed it.
    • Read my kindle.
    • Received some new content from my writers and posted it out to the various locations requiring it.
    • Received more manual web 2.0 orders from my supplier so added their SER and RX projects.
    • Set off a few more RX blasts for various things.
    • Retention checked a few bunches of SER links that around just over 9 weeks old now and between 50-70% of the links are still live with the tweaked I made to my templates.
    • Did a little traffic leaking for my blog.
    • After letting my higher spec VPS run for a few hours with the new set of projects I am pretty confident it is now close to capacity.

5. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Half day for the weekend.
    • Set up the RX and SER projects for some more manual web 2.0s orders.
    • Processed some of the non manual web 2 RX blasts from the past few days.
    • Read my kindle.
    • Decided to use the five or so spare articles I have to test some SER only link building theory I have so added it to one of my domains.
    • Tweaked with the template for the SER only projects for an hour or so till I was happy with its campaigns.
    • Changed up my rank tracker projects a little bit to make it easier to see gains for specific linking methods.
    • Set off some new RX projects.
    • Setup and activated the SER projects for the SER only backlink pages.
    • Deleted some analytics profiles for domains that failed to take off and have been deleted.
    • Readded some analytics code to one of my domains as it wasn’t tracking anything at all for some reason.
    • Found some bugs in the new SER only template so corrected them.
    • When developing my SER only template I found a bug that is in my manual web 2.0 template so corrected it on all current projects.
    • Published a video.

6. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Not much today as I am hungover.

• Set up some new SER projects for a few pages to try some new stuff.
    • Processed the RX platforms from yesterday and it seems like a few of their scripts need an update. I have noticed RX goes in cycles where it will have crazy high verified rate then after a few weeks it drops as the platforms counter and then RX release a patch to counter it so I am expecting a patch soon.
    • Noticed RX have released a patch to fix a few things and implement their indexing service that seems pretty much the same as the services I cover here but you require your own Gmail accounts rather than paying an additional monthly fee.
    • Read my kindle
    • Ditched the parasite blasting on the second VPS and put it to work on building links to some stuff for the domain hit by Fred, its only working at about 15% capacity right now but theres a whole bunch of manual web 2.0s coming in soon for it and they will have unto 4 multi layers tiers.
    • Received a few more batches of the manual web 2.0s for some of my domains so set up their RX and SER projects.
    • Set up some new IFTTT Macros

7. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• Processed some RX blasts.
    • Changed the SER only template to only be two tiers of contextual as the third tier started to scale out of control too quickly. Update the current projects using the template and updated the template itself for future projects.
    • Edited the IFTTT macros from last night as they had a few bugs.
    • As I am running out of things to keep me busy I decided to do a little math for a new PBN project possibility or a supplementary PBN project for my current PBN test that I have going.
    • Completed weekly servicing.
    • Decided to renew the domain that was hit by Fred for another year as I have some stuff I am interested in seeing if it works.
    • Received some more manual web 2.0 orders so set up the RX and SER projects for them.
    • Manually reverified the manual and automated web 2,0s links to remove dead links.
    • Received an update from the manual guest post service with the bio and a few other things that they are going to publish.
    • Set off my RX drips for the week.
    • Published a video.

8. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    • Decided to remove the RX elements of my current round of manual web 2 T1 based sites and run with only SER based links as a test. I have a plan for the next round to have RX as a T2 with SER only on T3 and in theory its easier to maintain.
    • Received an update from the guest post service that their article has been submitted. Looking forward to checking the metrics of the domain out.
    • Read my kindle.
    • I have been speaking to a few friends who use/used PBNs pretty extensively so I may start a new PBN project while waiting for my current SER and RX based stuff to age in.
    • Received some new manual web 2.0 orders so set their SER projects up for them on my second VPS.
    • Has a few minor dramas with a domain going offline for a day, managed to get it back online now and i’m hoping theres no effect on its SERP.
    • Read up on the new FTC guidelines for US based affiliates. It is not clear as to what they require them to do yet so I won’t change anything on my sites but I am pretty sure once they clear it all up Amazon will make it mandatory for everyone in their .com program so even though I am in the UK I will add it to my sites.
    • Listened to Audible while in the Gym.
    • Set up a new alfred to audible macro for background noice.
    • Ordered seven new batched of manual web 2.0s for some of the pages I set off at the start of the journey to see if I can get them to jump higher in the SERPs.

9. phrench

phrench Member

Props for keeping the journal running!

It would help to understand your journey better if you could structure the entries by project. As I see it you run your blog and also have a Youtube project going on, but I don't know how to associate all your GSA, Web 2.0 tasks with them.

10. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

TBH I just copy and paste the entries from a todoist that I log throughout the day. The GSA/RX/manual web 2.0s stuff is spread out over about 5 domains right now with different pages on the domains having different link pyramids below them.

11. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]
    Published my black hat SEO progress report for May 17 on my blog.
    Spent some time researching dom cop for a possible PBN project but i’m not sure its the right way to go.
    Researched the scrape box expired domain checker but I reached out to a few friends who use it and they said its a waste of time these days due to there being so many people crawling.
    Read my kindle.
    Set up some new Google Alerts for traffic leaking for my personal blog.
    Spent some time thinking of the next blog post I want to make for my personal blog but most of the content ideas I have saved to its Trello is based around the GSA toolset. Until I have ranked something top three using it since Penguin 4 and Fred I don’t want to spend much time releasing content on it that is potentially wasted time. I think I will go with some of the productivity tools I use.
    Spent some time planning out the PBN MNS, I think I will throw $1000 at it to see what I can get going but I keep flip flopping between getting the PBN domains myself or using a broker.
    I have also spent some time planning out a MNS based around manual web 2.0s, RX and SER but using an aged domain for the money site rather than a fresh domain but again I keep flip flopping between using a broker for the domain or getting it myself.
    It seems the domain that went offline a few days back took a hit in the SERPs, I have had this happen a few times to various domains and everytime it has recovered after around a week so I am confident it will recover and keep growing.
    Listened to Audible while in the gym.
    Did some math and I think I will pick up some services over the next few days to try and get my own domains for my upcoming projects. It offers more control over what I get and I am having less and less to do per day now as more manual web 2.0 orders are delivered and pushed to live link building.

12. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• Did some keyword research for my upcoming PBN/Aged domain stuff but I ended up going with some banked keywords that I processed a few weeks back when I had my AHRefs subscription.
    • Signed back up to domcop to start hunting for domains to make a new PBN with. Spent some time setting the filters up as I like and filtering some domains.
    • Did some random checks on projects across both VPS’ to look for bugs or anything that I wasn’t expecting and for the first time in two weeks when doing this check I found nothing out of place.
    • Made some new alfred macros.
    • Spent some time using dom cop to get an initial list of domains.
    • Read my kindle.
    • Started checking my list of potential domains from domcop, managed to get through about 100 domains before I decided to reach out to three domain brokers to just buy pre processed ones that I can definitely get. If this new PBN project works then I will train a VA what to look for on Way back machine as its mind numbing.
    • I was offered a beta licence for a new tool similar to GSA PS so I decided to check it out. After about 15 minutes I decided I was wasting my time and there was no chance it was going to even compare to GSA PS.
    • Checked the indexing rate for the method I have been developing over the past few month and its up to around 80% now. I doubt this will hold though as I had a similar method around this time last year and then google managed to patch it out but I’m going to take advantage of it while it lasts.
    • Ordered some new manual web 2.0s.
    • Listened to audible in the gym.
    • Received domain lists from two of the domain brokers I reached out to so started to process their offerings while waiting on the stock of the third.
    • Spent sometime researching how to pin posts to the front page of a wordpress blog without newer posts rolling them off. Turns out theres a little tick box in the top right of the edit post window to do it so a nice and easy fix for one.
    • I have a short list of domains from two of the brokers now but I want to see what the third has to offer, if he hasnt got back to me by tomorrow then I will purchase domains from the two I have for now.

13. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• Manually checked the short listed keywords for the new PBN project.
    • The third domain broker still hasn’t got back to me so I decided to go with domains from the first two, before purchasing I have reached out to them for possible discounts.
    • Reached out to people from my writing team for jobs for this PBN project and two of the writers are able to take the jobs but I am waiting for them to give an ETA before pushing the orders to them.
    • Wayback machine checked the shortlisted domains from the brokers as one last check before ordering them.
    • Read my kindle.
    • Received some of the manual web 2.0 orders so set up their SER projects to boost them.
    • Been given a discount code from my manual web 2.0 guy as I have pushed so much work his way, I am just waiting for clarification if it is a personal discount code or if I can share it with my blog and journey readers.
    • Pushed some more jobs out to my content team.
    • Pushed out some banked filler content to some of the money sites.
    • Typed up and published my post on using ToDoIst to increase productivity.
    • Listened to Audible while in the gym.
    • Published a video.

14. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Taking today off.

15. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Even though I said I was taking yesterday off I ended up staying in for a few drinks rather than going out so I managed to get a fair bit done between yesterday afternoon and this morning. With it being fathers day today I decided to post an early update as I think we are going for a family meal later.

• Received the nod from my manual web 2.0 guy that I can share his discount code with my readers so I have updated my digital toolkit post with it as well as other discount codes I have negotiated for servers, hosting, VPS’ and indexing to save people 10% on the list prices.
    • Sent payment out to the domain brokers for the PBN domains and set my registrar accounts up to receive them.
    • One of my writing team has reached out for an extension on the T1 content for the PBN project so I have transferred the jobs to another writer and put the one who needed the extension onto different content orders. It will probably slow the process down but I am hoping to be able to start getting the money site and PBN domains online around the end of next week.
    • Reached out to Sven from GSA to ask for possible discounts to their tools for my blog readers and found out I set it on my end in with the payment processor so set up a 15% discount for all of the GSA Toolset on my digital tool kit page. I have checked a few other blogs and they only seem to be offering 7-10% discount making my code more than double that of some other people and the highest discount available from what I have seen :).
    • Received the first batch of PBN domains for the new PBN project.
    • Started moving the PBN domain name servers over to my PBN hosting account and setting their profiles up.
    • Received some new videos for the youtube project.
    • Setup private whois on the new PBN domains that didn’t already have it.
    • Setup a spreadsheet to make it easier to track MS and PBN domains and their details.
    • Had some problems with some GoDaddy stuff so reached out to their support and I am happy to say they were very helpful. I can remember a few years back when I first got into IM the people who replied to my tickets then were useless.
    • Set some blogs for deletion on my PBN hosting account to free up space for the new domains.
    • The third domain broker got back to me but he does things totally different to the other two and I have all the domains I want for this test but I will keep him in mind for the future.
    • Received some manual web 2.0 orders so set up their SER projects to push them.
    • Started a new traffic leaking strategy for my personal blog on BHW where I follow other peoples journey threads who are using similar methods to me and link them and their followers to relevant articles as and when relevant.
    • Published a new video.

16. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• Manually checked my indexing rates with my own method again and SER links seem to be holding at around 65% indexed with RX links at 75% and manual web 2.0s at 90%.
    • Reached out to the owner of 1linklist about my affiliate payments from them as he owes me $600 and its the second time I have had to reach out to him about it without hearing anything back.
    • Received some more manual web 2.0 orders and set up their SER projects for them.
    • Spent a fair bit of time cleaning up my IM folders to help me stay organises as so much crap has managed to build up in them.
    • Read my kindle
    • Completed weekly servicing.
    • The blogs I scheduled for deletion on my PBN hosting have gone so I set up the hosting for a few more of the new PBN domains, they are just waiting for content now and I have three back up domains that are on reserve to power up pages that may need a little extra juice. If the pages don’t need them then I will use those three on another domain or for new pages on this particular domain.
    • Had a mini brain storming session for additional features for my own web 2.0 creator tool and keyword tool if I ever get around to making it.
    • Noticed that the strategy from the other day of posting links to my content in other peoples journeys has pulled traffic from only two links. I was pretty lucky to get on the first page of the thread and for the thread to be active but I will start looking for more journey threads to scale it up.
    • Received an update from the guest posting service, logged into basecamp to see it but I don’t understand the system so left it, I will wait for their guy to reach out to me.
    • Added my plugins of choice to the PBN domains and cleaned up their widgets while waiting for content to be delivered.
    • Listened to Audible in the gym
    • Published a new video.

17. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• Its so hot today that I haven't managed to get much done other than reading.
    • Spent a fair bit of time planning possible BSTs for the future if all of this works as well as some plans for a daily vlog channel on what I do each day to reach my goals.
    • Noticed my PBN test from earlier in the journey randomly dropped a little but it has climbed back to a new best of 37.
    • Noticed my zero back linking site has had relatively stable ranks across the board the past few days. No idea why but I am interested to see how it goes the next few days.
    • Read my kindle.
    • Reverified my manual T1 links in my SER projects to prevent links being built to deadlines.
    • Chased up 1linklist again about the commissions they owe me, pretty sure i’m getting the cold shoulder now but I will wait until the end of the month to see if their automated system kicks in to release payments before taking any further action.
    • Decided to go with a fresh domain as the money site for the new PBN project but because of its niche it was a bit of a nightmare to come up with something that has not already been taken so I just used the niche with a random three letter tri-code at the end of it. Set the hosting up and set the name servers, just waiting for it all to update so I can update the site.
    • Set off a bunch of RX project to do a little testing for possible use on the new PBN project.
    • Listened to Audible while in the gym.

18. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• Nameservers for the new PBN money site have propagated so I added plugins and my go to theme ready for content. Setup updraft for backups and set the config for a number of other plugins.
    • Added a currently reading entry to my reading list post as I have had a few people ask me what I am currently reading.
    • Checked my quick books and its syncing perfectly now so I am guessing they were having issues with a bug or something back when I started using them.
    • Noticed my PBN test from earlier in the jouney had dropped but it has jumped back up in the SERps to a new best and seems to be holding for now.
    • Read my kindle.
    • Received an update from the guest posting service that the website they submitted to are yet to reply, initially I was planning to make a site that was based around guest posting but so far it seems like a total nightmare unless the agent already has a list of webmaster to bribe.
    • Typed up and published my white hat SEO report for May 17
    • Updated some alfred Macros.
    • Had someone reach out to me about renting my BHW signature, chances are that I will keep it as a traffic pull for my personal blog as it is currently the 6th highest traffic source for the blog pulling 6.63% of total traffic.
    • Started customising the SER template for a specific project where I plan to go for two higher than usual competition terms. I will leave it until tomorrow and then give it the once over before setting it to active and then set off some RX projects for it too.
    • Published a video.

19. nanexo

nanexo Member

This is a cool diary. How near to your goal are you in terms of results?

20. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

Cheers man, no idea tbh. The main method I use has domains in a sandbox for 3-6 month usually so i'm not really expecting much for another 3 month or so. Hoping this newest PBN project will show results much quicker though. I publish earning reports here though if you are interested.

nanexo likes this.