[Journal] Growing A Money Site Network To $10,000 A Month!

Discussion in 'Case Studies and Journals' started by shaunm, Apr 1, 2017.

Share This Page

1. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• Pushed out a few content orders to my writers.
    • Checked my analytics and I know I predicted that my main site will probably only bring in as much traffic this month as it did last, my new keyword research/on page articles are starting to pull a bunch of traffic in so I may double in traffic again this month although it won’t be much (probably around the 800 hits mark) I think it is a good sign that I am on the correct track, the second site might triple traffic this month.
    • Did some initial testing for the article insights tool and provided feedback to the Dev. If it drops the monthly fee and goes to a per credit basis then I think it defiantly has potential.
    • Posted out some more PBN linkers.
    • Checked over a clients BN blast and its pages are starting to index now and I am curious as to how his money page reacts.
    • Researched daytrading/flipping crypto more for a potential future project.

2. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• I have been reading up on the whole proof of stake concept for the Ethereum network and I like the idea of being able to use it to earn compound interest as well as make money while the price of Ethereum increases. If it works as well as I think and my SEO stuff works then I can see myself using SEO to earn money to live on while putting the vast majority of it into Ethereum and a few select ERC20 tokens.
    • Did some more test YouTube thumbnails, I think I am just going to keep it simple like the featured images on my blog in all honesty to reduce time and effort. As I still have 140 credits with my articles I orders a whole bunch of portraits of me for potential thumbnail use.
    • The SER boosted site has been dropping consistently over the past few days, I suspect it is due to the SER generated links being deleted or the domains going offline.
    • Checked over my analytics for the main page I put online just over a week ago using my new keyword research method and on page techniques and it is already responsible for 30.83% of the sites total organic traffic (78 hits) not much but the site is not even 6 month old yet. This is promising for me as its put performing all the other content on the domain with my old format but on the flip side it is bad as the thousands of banked keywords are close to useless now. I will spend some time doing keyword research for a second test money page over the coming days.
    • Researched the OmiseGo, TenX and Substratum ERC20 tokens a bit more. Noticed Bitcoin has managed to break the $5000 for a single coin mark overnight, since buying in with bitcoin a 24.64% gain on the coin. IMO this is just people bulk buying it due to its upcoming hard fork and I expect it to fall once the hard fork goes live but I am hoping it will hold around the 10% gain mark for me.
    • Spent some time doing more keyword research with my new method for another test article, although I hate writing I am considering writing it myself to try minimise costs.
    • Did a little consulting/freelancing on a one off project.

3. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

• Noticed that Ethereum is climbing in its value, I am happy about that as its my primary hold right now, I am hoping the price climbs further with its hard fork on the 16/17th and then climbs again after DevCon3 the first week of next month.
    • Did a few posts on a bunch of my forum accounts to keep them warm for future traffic leaking.
    • Received the last of my filler content and posted it out to the PBN/BN.
    • Spent some time updating one of my Trello boards to make tracking progression better.
    • Noticed that some of the posts on the PBN aint indexing very well without a push so I may look towards getting an indexing service to give them a push. I will leave it till mid next week before making a decision to see how some split tests go.
    • Listened to Audible while taking notes. Been slacking the past few days due to reading so much crypto stuff.
    • Setup a numbers with a pie chart to better track the spread of my Crypto portfolio as linked below. I feel I am massively over extended on Ethereum/ERC20 tokens right now. The plan is to increase my bitcoin holdings if bitcoin dips after its fork as it is a crazy price right now, I think I will try a flip into a rebuy when it starts to crash. I have been researching different ways to diversify the portfolio and I will I will mix a bunch of tactics for my own liking. Currently, I am thinking of 33% in Bitcoin and 33% in Ethereum as my super long term holds in an attempt to store value while gaining a better interest rate than a bank. I am then thinking of around 15% in OmiseGo and potentially 15% in ChainLink (no holdings yet but I might drop cash into them tomorrow), especially if the confirm a deal with Stripe next week as I can see their price increasing. That leaves me with around 4% that I may keep as TenX or I may get rid and add an extra 2% to OmiseGo and ChainLink. One think that I have been thinking is to have two totally separate crypto portfolios if my SEO stuff works. The one above that is designed for long term holding and investment and another that is based around ICOs, flipping and short term trades, if I do make the second portfolio then I will probably start another journey thread dedicated to it.
    [​IMG]

4. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

All Bridge Network and PBN content has now been posted so I have little to do now other than wait and see how my two main sites perform so I am stopping the daily updates as I only plan to be listening to Audible and researching Crypto. I do still plan to add a monthly update to the journey to log how the sites perform month by month. Here is a break down of where the money site network is currently at...

• Six domains totally abandoned due to a number of reasons. Stuff like blasing non-contextuals to them from SER, exact match anchor texts SAPE, public blog network links , auto generated content in their tiers and a number of stuff like that. No big deal, and those tests have helped strengthen my remaining sites.
    • Two main domains I have high hopes for with pages boosted in a number of ways.
    • Two domains that I have duplicated the methods of my main domains on but they are targeting much higher competition keywords so I dont expect much but time will tell.
    • One adsense domain (not made during the journey thread) that was hit by a bunch of stuff last year but still limps on brining in $50-$100 per month, I have added a few new test articles to it that follow the same principals of my new keyword research/onpage techniques in a hope to grow its traffic.
    • One domain that was hit by Fred that I have tried and failed to recover multiple times but I decided to give it one last try by using the same principals of my new keyword research/onpage techniques.
    • My personal blog I haven't added anything to it for months but it still brings in a bit each month and I currently have no plans to add any more content to it until I start uploading videos to my YouTube channel next year. I am currently classing this journey thread as the R&D phase of growing my money site network. I have learned more in the past 6 months or so than I have in over four years of focusing on link building as a hobby. Even my two main domains were used for testing a number of things and have had a bunch of stuff done to them that I won't be repeating on future domains. If the current money site network keeps climbing as it is and starts to bring in money then I plan to move into my scaling phase that will be tracked in the journey thread but also on my YouTube channel. As part of the marketing strategy for the YouTube channel I will be typing up articles for various videos and adding them to my blog (thats the only plans for new content for it I currently have) as well as other sites to leak traffic to the channel and hopefully grow it to become an income source also while essentially using stuff I already do on a daily basis for video content with a tutorials, cast studys and such added in.

5. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

Monthly update for October, both my main sites seem to have aged in now as seen in the analytics profile with large traffic spikes to both of them, I am hoping next month will have an over all increase of around 20% traffic ontop of what they pulled this month but I don't expect it to increase as much as it has been. Adsense income is down as I was testing different adsense placements and my adsense site seems to have been hit by one of the October algo updates. Crypto portfolio is down ever so slightly due to buying in high in OmiseoGo and Chainlink in relation to their current positions. I believe in OmiseGo and its part of my Five year plan but I may flip the Chainlink into more OmiseGo.

I have decided to do some additional tests with my new keyword research method (Old keyword research method tutorial here if you havent read it yet) and onpage techniques but those test articles arnt online yet. I have been tracking some of the test articles from a few month back and it seems that individual articles on the domains also have an aging in time now with the majority of the secound round of articles on the sites only starting to pickup traffic after around three month so I doubt I will see much from these new articles until after christmas now.

I decided to share my top 10 SERP positions for my two main sites but this is pretty irrelevant with my new keyword research method as its more theme based articles rather than specific keyword so i'm not sure if I will keep sharing SERP positions in the coming month and may just move over to tracking site performance via Analytics and Amazon/Adsense dashboards.

I have been doing a little math and I think content and PBN domains will offer a stronger ROI than crypto for the following year so I may actually sell all of my crypto to scale scale my IM side of things quicker depending how things are doing after Christmas. If I feel I have a reason to scale the IM side of things then I still plan to start vlogging and posting tutorials on my YouTube channel to better document the scaling process from an early stage.

I forced myself to take the last week off with regards to working as I needed a break and I plan to take the first week of November off too. I have kept upto date with my maintenance schedule and listening to Audible but other than that I have pretty much been catching up with friends and family and playing Diablo 2 LOD offline (preying for a Diablo 2 remake announcement in blizcon next week like they did for Starcraft!).

Amazon.com Income

[​IMG]

Amazon.co.uk Income

[​IMG]

Amazon.ca Income

[​IMG]

Adsense Income

[​IMG]

Quickbooks, Crypto Portfolio Not Included

[​IMG]

Traffic Main Site

[​IMG]

Traffic Second Site

[​IMG]

Top 10 SERPs Main Site

[​IMG]

Top 10 SERPs Second Site

[​IMG]

Crypto Portfolio

[​IMG]

Audible Total

[​IMG]

Rescue Time Total

[​IMG]

6. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

Just a small update as I have done a fair bit today but still just keeping to monthly updates.

• More money pages are jumping onto the first page so I have been analysing them ready to try and scale why they worked, I think I have narrowed it down.
    • Ordered 10 new money page articles for my main site that include as many of these characteristics as possible. Although I should have them all online by the back end of next week, I don't expect to know if they worked for 6-8 month.
    • Ordered some new T1 content for the BN/Manual Web 2.0s for some of the new money pages I ordered.
    • I have been attempting to workout a new way to automate my keyword research method but in all honesty, the AHRefs keyword tool gives very similar results to what my own method comes up with but it is so much quicker saving my time. I think for future sites I will just get an AHRefs subscription for a month and throw all my free time at it to bank as many keywords as possible for future sites.
    • I have set a goal of reaching $1000 on Amazon.com in a single month with my current round of test sites. If I meet that then I plan to buy the required equipment to make videos and I plan to start uploading stuff to my YouTube channel.

7. terrycody

terrycody Member

hey bro its me terry from BHW!

hahaha, glad to see u here, another place same person, feel good,

seems this is a good journey, u always post good stuff include your blog

and I hope u have a good time after u feel better cured ur health problem

cheers

terry

8. Alston

Alston New Member

literally my favorite IM guy. Love the detailed journal and comments on all big forums.

9. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

Cheers guys :)

10. Alston

Alston New Member

in your process when you say bridge network sites. Does this mean every post in the site has backlinks or some or only the homepage?

11. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

I wrote this about bridge networks over on the GSA forum that is in more detail. Basically they are wordpress sites I own designed to look like real websites but their job is to link to my money pages. I have them set up like magazine style sites so there are snippets on the home page but the links are all on internal pages. I add additional content to them that also links out to totally random websites to dilute the outbound link profile.

12. Alston

Alston New Member

thanks @shaunm, I have that thread bookmarked. I just wanted to clarify this since I started similar process 2 months where i started to create money sites (blog style) kind sites with good enough readable content (not spinned). Sheduled it for 3 months (1 post for 2-3 days) with random authority outbound links, html formatting with minimal SER targeted link-building(to simulate genuine site) and still I havent started to link to my money pages.

My plan was build niche focus sites then after 2 months start randomly link back to my money sites from home page (thinking out creating link from stick post). So just wanted to compare my method with yours.

My overall goal is similar to you to have good set almost money site quality bridge network( I call it custom niche sites), pbn and web 2.0(blog and single page). IT's a long process but I think it will worth while in long run.

13. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

Thats very similar to how I plan to make my next round of bridge network domains. I want to let them age in and have a bunch of none linking content before I link. My current BN has a ratio of around 50:50 of filler content linking to random stuff and content linking to money pages. I basically did this to try and keep costs down while testing. For my next round of domains I am wanting to aim for 80:20, ideally 90:10 with filler making up the bulk of the domains.

14. Alston

Alston New Member

thanks for the reply. I will definitely keep a eye around for your posts on gsa and also here.

15. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

I have probably only spent 5 hours on my money site network this month and that was to order and publish a few bits of content for more tests. As my two main sites are starting to perform well I am probably going to look to start scaling my money site portfolio up come January. I want to do as little as possible IM wise in December to try and minimise outgoings to leave me with as much cash available as possible for new sites so the only thing I plan to do for December is pick up a AHRefs subscription to do keyword research for my money sites in my scaling phase.

The last of my SER based money sites is my adsense site and its slowly dying. It still managed to pull around £30 this month though and it was profitable over a year ago so anything it can earn is just cash for crypto or content. The first week of November was very strong for my two Amazon sites and they were on track to pull $750 but their conversion rate dropped massivly for weeks two, three and most of four. Although this maybe just one of them things, I have seen this and this that lead me to thing Amazon may have a bug with their dashboard. Although Black Friday and Cyber Monday were in November I never really saw that much of a bump in my traffic so I am hoping that December performs similar or better to November. If the amazon based sites stay ontrack with similar traffic to November and the average conversion rate for the full month of November then one will be profitable midway through December and the other by early January. The full project should be profitable around March/April 2018 will all of the failed sites having been paid for by the two Amazon sites.

I reshuffled my crypto portfolio to focus on Ethereum and OmiseGo with a small holding of Bitcoin, until the crash two or three days ago it was up almost 50% in value but its currently up just over 36%. I have reached my current target for Ethereum holdings and plan to put my next round of cash into OmiseGo to try and get as much as possible while it is still cheap. If the OmiseGo team are able to hard fork it onto its own block chain and rollout its POS system without problems I think the token will be worth much more by December 2018 but the main thing I am excited about is earning a passive income from its POS system.

Amazon Income

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Adsense Income

[​IMG]

Traffic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crypto (Up 36.47%)

[​IMG]

16. Alston

Alston New Member

excellent update. Just a quick question are using amazon "One Link" to monetize other countries or do you separate sites for different foreign markets?

17. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

Nah I use a plugin called AAWP, its not free but it offers the same functionality as one link with a bunch of other stuff added in and you can make comparison tables like the one below in minutes with it.

[​IMG]

18. Alston

Alston New Member

ok cool and chart looks cool and I will look into it. thanks for letting me know. Also I saw your post in GSA Forum and you said you have picked up Ahrefs to do keyword research. Will you be able lets us know briefly how is your process will be like to find keywords using ahrefs?

19. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

I just use their built in keyword tool, IMO it is over priced if you only want an AHRefs subscription for keyword research but I am planning to get as many keyword batches for niche sites as possible this month while I have the sub. I have found the results to be pretty similar to the keyword research method I published but it's much quicker to do and I rather save my time.

20. shaunm

shaunm Active Member

[​IMG]

So I wasn't planning on starting any new sites until January but AHRefs was even quicker than I though for getting my next set of keyword batches together and I have finished already with 20 keyword packs for new sites. I have been brain storming some site plans and decided to tweak the way I build my sites and make a test site with these tweaks. If it all works then this will be the model I scale into, it basically uses everything I have learned since starting this journey and I don't expect to know if this new site has worked or not until June/July time.

One of the money pages I added to one of my money sites has managed to get on the front page of Google in around three weeks using only Bridge Network links and manual web 2.0s so its giving me more confidence that this new site should work. Its low competition and the lowest search volume out of that batch but theres another higher comp page currently at 11 and I'm hoping it jumps to the front page soon :).

[​IMG]

• Selected one of the niches I have keyword packs for and manually checked the keywords in it for my new site.
    • Sent out some initial content orders for the new money site. I am waiting for some of my writing team to get back to me about completing the T1 content for the Bridge Network and the manual web 2.0. When they do get back to me I will push the Upwork jobs out to them.
    • I have been going over my master spreadsheets and although I had started to diversify the hosting accounts of my money sites from the test network in this journey, the two that were successful are both on the same hosting account although its hidden via CloudFlare. I will build the new site on my digital ocean account so it is separate and delete the failed test sites from it.
    • Although my current main site is still powering on and managed to get a new all time high traffic pull a few days back, the other site seems to have dropped in traffic by around 20% and stagnated in growth. I half expect this site to fail as I tried a whole bunch of stuff on it back at the start of this journey. If it keeps it current traffic pull and RPM it should still be profitable in Q1 2018 so I am just hoping it lasts that long, although the traffic dropped a little it does seem to have stabalised though so I think it might just be a few of its money pages dropping in the SERPs.
    • I noticed a post of /r/trezor about being able to quickly claim my free Bitcoin Gold from the hard fork back in October. As the coin seems to be failing I have converted it into Ethereum for now but will probably convert it into OmiseGo if its price drops below the $7 per token point.
    • I have cut back on listening to Audible as I have had a run of a few bad/pointless books that has kind of put me off it but I will try to get back into it in the new year.