Keep your point of contacts up-to-date

Discussion in 'Apex Lounge' started by Bender Bending Rodríguez, Mar 7, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

A VA Staffing Company was severely under performing. When I asked them about it, I found out the full time employees I hired weren't being asked to clock in or out -- so they had no proof that they worked 40 hours/week.

I filed a dispute with my credit card company. Unbeknown to me, my address on file was my old address. They sent a reply and I had 30 days to reply back. If I didn't, they won the case. Guess what? I never got the letter and can't do anything about it now.

Yup.

Lost $1,155 because my address on file was not up-to-date. I also didn't have mail forwarding from my old address to my new one.

Also, to let you know, if you buy something with Paypal, choose to pay with a Credit Card instead of bank transfer. You can dispute the charge with the credit card company instead of using PayPal Disputes. Visa/MC/AMEX's consumer protection is much better than PayPal's. With Paypal, this wouldn't have been disputable. With MC, it was a simple case of "service not rendered." If only I had gotten the letter!

Lesson learned. Those mistakes were fixed. It only costs $1/year for mail forwarding with the USPS and I went ahead and changed my address with the credit card company.