Article Local SEO: White Hat(ish) Link Building for Businesses on a Budget

Discussion in 'SEO and Marketing' started by cardine, Dec 10, 2015.

Share This Page

1. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

I just saw this post on the Ahrefs blog and thought it was pretty useful. There are so many vague SEO posts lately that it is refreshing to see one that actually had some actionable advice. There is a lack of good information in the area between blackhat SEO that works but might get you penalized and boring whitehat SEO that involves spending $10,000 and not getting any results and this seemed like it fit perfectly in there, especially for someone doing client work for local sites.

I'd love to hear any thoughts anyone has on the posts and the methods that Ryan outlined in them!

2. Golan

Golan Established Member

It's very nice. You can also add to the lists some platforms from this article, but not all of them are so easy done by just any VA.

cardine likes this.
  3. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

That's a pretty comprehensive reputation management list. Just take and outsource every bit of that, do a halfway decent job of acquiring new clients, and you've got yourself a reputation management company.

4. JonTinkler

JonTinkler New Member

Wow - that is an awesome post - seriously. Thanks heaps for sharing it, I've already tried out a few of those tips and I'm definitely going to be coming back to this, it's too much for me to do right now.

I'm not in the SEO business, I'm just a sole-trader photographer but trying to improve my rankings, and this is going to help heaps.

THANKS! :)

cardine likes this.
  5. Saurabh

Saurabh Member

Basic things to get high ranking on Local Search Engine:
    1. Complete All Information (Even if it is Not Required)
    2. Consistent business name, address and phone number (NAP)
    3. Make Backlinks for Your Business by Listing your Business
    4. NAP On Your Website
    5. Embedded Google Map
    6. Add User Reviews
    7. Make your Google Place link Clickable
    8. Advance Tip :- Schema local markup
    <div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/LocalBusiness">
    <h1><span itemprop="name">Business Name</span></h1>
    <span itemprop="description">Type a short description </span>
    <div itemprop="address" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/PostalAddress">
    <span itemprop="streetAddress">Business Address</span>,
    <span itemprop="addressLocality">City</span>,
    <span itemprop="addressRegion">State</span>
    </div> Phone: <span itemprop="telephone">Business Phone Number</span>
    </div>
    Copy and paste this html code in your website contact us page (Don't forget to change business details).

6. Brad

Brad Active Member

For local seo you need to work on getting more citations, build a very active social media voice and embed maps on a lot of web 2.0 sites. This is just a start of things you need to do to gain rankings.

7. Xoshua

Xoshua New Member

Oh snap! I know Ryan Stewart, great guy! I'd like to add in. For local seo you need to have your Google My Business set up correctly and your website needs to be synchronized so each category from your GMB listing has it's own page on your business site. Also need to make sure the NAP is EXACTLY the same for all listings. Nice share OP.