My online marketing journey

Discussion in 'Case Studies and Journals' started by Divination, Aug 29, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Divination

Divination Member

I've opened many threads on other forums about my IM ventures but no forums are quite like this one. I've learned more from the small community here than from every other forum combined.

About myself
    I started IM at the age of 13-14 when I couldn't afford any video games. Made a small amount of money, quit at 15, but turned it into a bit more now. Since the age of 15 (I'm 18 now) I've just been lurking and seeing so many opportunities fly by me. I've seen people rise up and make millions while I was just using the excuse that "I have time" - well now I don't have time. I want in on this gold rush before it's over.

What do I have going on at the moment?
    My YouTube channel - a music channel where I promote underground house music artists and labels' music to my audience currently <10,000 subs ($20-50 p/m)
    My new authority niche site on Amazon products - currently only 5 money articles but I'd like 50-100 money articles by the time it's done

My resources
    Scrapebox, GSA Search Engine Ranker, GSA Captcha Breaker, VPS and 10 private proxies
    Knowledge accumulated over the last 5 years, but no experience due to lack of putting things in action
    A crapload of money, but I'll try to keep the costs down

What do I want?
    To find a niche that satisfies my needs (I enjoy writing about it, etc) and it's insanely profitable OR...
    Make a crapload of Amazon, CPA, or Clickbank niche sites to bring in at least $500k CAD ($300k+ USD) per year profit
    Invest all my money into secure funnels and become a millionaire

What will I be sharing here?
    Content methods, link building methods, progress tracking, and milestones

I'll try to update this consistently but the more I update it the less time I'm spending working, so I'll need to find a balance.
    What I'm going to ask of you is if you see me doing something wrong or wasting my time, please tell me about it.

Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    pinchee likes this.
  2. Divination

Divination Member

Further introduction
    I didn't want to get into too much on the main post, so I'll continue here.​
    • My YouTube channel, I post music like this (these are my biggest competitors though, this isn't my channel)
    • This is my passion, I will never stop working on it. I love this music, it's a big part of my life. It's why I picked a university to go to that's close to nightlife.
    • I'd like to eventually get 100,000 subscribers on my channel and start a live event series here in Toronto if possible. I'll be 19 next year, it'll be perfect timing.
    • I think I can make a few thousand dollars a month while expanding the careers of small musicians, which I love. I know marketing, they don't. I need them and they could use my help.

My first niche authority site
    It's an Amazon site with affiliate commissions.
    • I'm currently getting negligible amount of views to the website per day, but lots of my keywords are on page 2 of Google. So that extra push is all that's required for me to start making commission.
    • Started the website August 1st.
    • So far I've been targeting low-comp keyword where the top 10 are all filled with e-commerce non-optimized for the keyword, with low amount of external backlinks (using Keyword Revealer)
    • Once it gets more authority I will target the high(er) comp keywords (2400 searches for one main product, 12100 searches for misspelling and 14800 searches for main main product)
    • Been using crappy writer and other services, will need to essentially re-read over every article so far and include LSIs and make product tables, etc
    • So far it's about 70% affiliate and 30% informative articles, looking to get that closer to 50/50. No affiliate links on homepage, so that's a plus.
    Link building strategy for authority site - READ THIS, I SHARE SOME SECRETS
    I know it's a good idea to do whitehat links as every """guru""" tells you to, but unfortunately that is just not always doable. So far I've done:
    • 5 expired Tumblr high TF links to my site. I do this via the profile description (you can add custom HTML) so it's a dofollow link instead of meta-refresh. However, from now on I'm doing meta-refreshes as I don't want competitors to report my Tumblrs. I don't care if I lose 10-20% juice or whatever it is.
    • 2 Behance links to my site. Dofollow. I'm commenting on photos every day so I get more and more link authority every single day and these links get more powerful on a daily basis. I may consider making 10-20 of these if I see results in the near future. I may also boost them with Tier 2, I'm not sure how to do this safely yet so if you've got any idea, shoot it my way.
    • I've got my IFTTT connected to 17 different platforms. Every time I post an article on my site, it posts it to (((bolded is dofollow))) LiveJournal, Instapaper, 500px, Tumblr, Diigo, Blogspot, Flickr, Facebook page, 7 expired Twitter profiles with re-registered names 15+ TF each (and registering few more every month), Reddit, Medium, Weebly, SoundCloud, Evernote, Pinterest, Newsblur.
    • Cafepress.com link. Simply upload a design and it'll create a t-shirt store for you. Add a URL to your store and that URL is a dofollow image link to your website. This is like a parasite, you can boost with Tier 2.
    • ConstantContact.com link. Make an email list and make a coupon page, this is also a backlink that's dofollow. Boost it with tier 2. BY THE WAY, THEY CALL YOU ON THE PHONE NUMBER YOU GIVE THEM.
    • 1 PBN link so far. I've got 20 PBN domains registered but 10 are compromised because they all used the same Namecheap private WhoIS. Someone trustworthy told me that Google can see through private registration because they're a domain registrar, I don't know how true this is. I will be drip feeding these carefully.
    • 301s: I have 3 domains that used to be in the exact same niche, now pointing to mine. I did my research and I'm 99% sure none are penalized.
    Hope you learned something and PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE to share anything with me as I'm looking to learn.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  3. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

I think both of these are valid strategies to make money. In my opinion the first option is the one with the most longevity, although it may also take the longest to really get going. A possible valid strategy is to start with the small sites and then later funnel those towards a bigger authority site.

Most importantly though, iterate on what is working. If you are successfully creating Amazon/CPA/Clickbank sites, then continue making them, and try to outsource the different parts of it so that you can start churning them out extremely quickly until it stops working.

I find this claim dubious. When you do private registration the registration info does not have you on it in any way shape or form. Anyone can figure out who owns a domain name by subpoenaing the registrar but that is a pretty extreme legal action that Google would likely on take if they were about to sue you. Besides that there is no practical way to figure out who owns a private domain name - Google or not.

The only thing Google could potentially do is use your private registration as a footprint. If all of your PBN is registered with Namecheap private whois they will notice that is a little suspicious... why would an entire network of unrelated sites all be using private whois from the same registrar? So my recommendation would be to split your PBN across many different big domain providers so that there isn't a clear footprint. Here is one list of most commonly used registrars that are most likely to "blend in" and not look weird or out of place.

Awesome looking case study, and I'm looking forward to updates and tips as you continue to progress!

Divination and sites like this.
  4. Divination

Divination Member

OK, I'm back
    Been partying all week and had 0 time to work on my endeavours. I see an opportunity though: at my University they play a lot of music that I feature on my channel (so I'll have a talk with the DJ maybe once my brand gets bigger I can host events for my uni). It's entirely possible that the DJs actually follow my channel. Overall I'm happy I've met a lot of new people and had some fun like never before because my highschool was extremely antisocial. In fact some of the people in my HS go to the same uni as me and they only hang out with other people from HS. I've not talked to a single person from HS at uni, more than just small talk. It's useless.

Today I've emailed about 7 labels/producers about featuring their tracks for my 10,000 sub track marathon
    . I've got a few approvals... I need 30 tracks, so that's going to be a lot of emails (a lot of producers/labels don't check their emails or don't respond, plus some will deny me). 30 days of one track posted a day, that's going to be hectic, but I'm looking forward to it. It's a lot of work for next to no pay, but I'm passionate about it. I also uploaded a track, had to apologize to my audience for keeping them waiting for so long.

Next, the Amazon site
    REALLY good news. Thanks to @cardine and @megodon for hooking me up with WAi and MSM.
    Actually, some of my keywords started hitting the top 10 and the site is just 30 days old now...
    For some reason MSM and Google Keyword Planner give very different monthly searches. Maybe my niche just isn't popular in the US. We'll see.
    According to Search Console I've got 17 domains pointing to my site. Still no significant search traffic.

Next step for Amazon?
    I'll be making 10-20 Behance profiles and letting a custom iMacros script run on them just commenting on photos all day, probably like 100-200 comments a day. This gives insane authority to each profile, which has a link to my website (dofollow). Multiply that by 10-20 and you have something useful.

If this works well and the profiles don't get banned, it's actually possible that I could use the profiles to sell things. There was one user on another forum who claimed he was making $x,xxx per month on autopilot by commenting on few hundred photos a day, and on his profile he had a ton of WordPress themes, Web design tools, etc as aff links. So people would naturally check his profile out and click his aff links. If he made 3 sales a day $50 each, that's almost $5000 a month.

New project
    A few days ago I read on here that Patreon is an extrmely powerful parasite. I listened. I started a "G2A Goldmine" parasite on Wordpress but that was before I was good at SEO a few months. I didn't understand that often times if a domain already ranks, other pages on that domain have much lower chance of ranking. There was already someone in the top 10 with a wp.com site so the chances of me making it up there were slim. So I copy-pasted my stuff from the WP site (after deleting it) to Patreon. Only problem is, the account seems to have gotten banned or email didn't get verified or something like that. To be honest I don't remember anything, the whole last week is pretty blurry for me.
    So I lost the account, the exact match patreon.com/g2agoldmine URL and the content...

I'll be trying this out with Patreon and SoundCloud to see which one has more natural power, then I'll start building links to it.

Attached Files:

cardine likes this.
  5. Divination

Divination Member

This journey is going to be more boring than I thought
    When I first planned this I thought I would have a big update almost every day, but I didn't factor in the part where I'm not at home most of the day because of uni and commuting.

Today I registered a domain to add to my PBN. I hate how I can't 301 everything to the homepage anymore, I'm tired of other people screwing the system over. I'm not rebuilding inner pages, screw that. Too much work when they have a weird permalink structure.

I ordered two info articles and one money article today. My writer is pretty good, he actually has 3 Amazon niche sites I've seen so far. I don't know if he's making money from it. I hope he doesn't try to copy my niche though, that would make me quite angry.

The G2A Goldmine, I wrote an article while waiting in line for blood test today. Took about 30 mins to write the article on my phone. It's not 100% done but it was an excellent way to spend the time. Hopefully Patreon doesn't ban me this time as I want a good parasite to rank.

I'm going to spend 1-2 hours on IM per day (not including research and info mining) and its going to be super efficient.

NEXT STEPS
    - Record the Behance script from scratch and set it up to comment on 200 different posts. Every account will have around 200-1000 comments.

- finish setting up Patreon page for G2A Goldmine. That parasite will be fully visible for everyone to see on this forum and follow my journey with it of course.

- post all the articles that my writer is getting back to me

- get a few more parasites or niche sites set up in the next week before uni starts becoming difficult

Edit: also added a lot of my keywords to MSM and I'm trying to find a use for WordAi.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  6. Divination

Divination Member

Ah crap....
    Me being stupid...
    How did I miss this?
    [​IMG]

When I look at other Patreon pages though, they are indexed. Is it just mine?
    Gonna try to resolve this.

7. cardine

I haven't experimented enough with Patreon to know the specific case of this case, but it is almost certainly one of two things. Either they've identified you as spam and "ghosted" your profile or they have all profiles noindexed until there is a certain amount of activity.

8. Divination

Divination Member

They haven't ghosted me. I checked other profiles too and they're also the same. But I dont know what the threshold is. I've tried subscribing to myself $10 pledge, posted desc, info, socials, signed the W8 form, etc ... Idk what's going on.

9. Divination

Divination Member

I'm waaaaay behind on this, not good!

I posted two articles today, just information articles. Seems like my site is starting to get picked up by Google more. I still haven't made any sales, but I have about 30 clicks to my Amazon so far, which is really nice! They're all spread out over different countries too so I'm happy about the diversity of SERP rankings.

A lot of Google dance. As you can see a ton of my keywords ranked out.
    [​IMG]

Today I also posted one more PBN link, so I'm happy about that. I used WordAI to generate the content for it, so I'm really glad I'm getting this opportunity.

My Behance script is not done, still. I really want that as a side project. I want to just comment on 100-500 pics per day on a profile that's advertising stuff for graphic designers. That'll get me a ton of traffic and even if I sell only one thing a day it's still $50/day from the 1 sale lol. Someone on another forum I go on said they used to make $5000 a month from one account doing this before Behance cracked down on it. I think I can make more than that.

EDIT:
    My G2A patreon still hasn't been indexed. I'll put that on the side for now but I'll check back and see if one day it gets indexed.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    cardine likes this.
  10. pinchee

pinchee Member

I love tech house and classic/funky house. PM your YouTube channel!

11. murkr

murkr Member

"I'll be making 10-20 Behance profiles and letting a custom iMacros script run on them just commenting on photos all day, probably like 100-200 comments a day. This gives insane authority to each profile, which has a link to my website (dofollow). Multiply that by 10-20 and you have something useful. "

I find this very interesting, is it possible to create iMacros scripts to like or comment on photos for other things like twitter?

12. emp

emp Senior Member

yes

13. murkr

murkr Member

can you point me in the right direction so i can learn how to do it please. I dont expect to be spoon fed how you do it. but some tutorials that you read to learn this would be great :)

14. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

You'll have to read the iMacros documentation. From there, you'll have to piece the parts together.

For example, lets say you do a search for site:behance.com "profile" "like" "friends" "comemnt" (I'm making up this footprint for a behance profile page).

Then, the script needs to open the SERP listing in a tab, click "like", close the tab, and go to the next SERP listing.

5 minutes later, you'll have 100 likes (or friends or whatever) on behance which means 100 backlinks to your behance profile.

iMacros doesn't work with Javascript though, so if the target site uses JavaScript for navigation or interaction, you have to use CasperJS or something else.

15. murkr

murkr Member

hmm thank you for the explanation. I think this might be over my skill level. is this something i can pay someone to do and then give me code (or whatever) to then use it myself? If so, is it a lot of work or something easy to do by someone with the right skillset? Trying to guesstimate the price, lol.

16. cardine

You could always post a job like this on Upwork or Freelancer and see what people bid. If you are just using iMacros I think it would be pretty cheap to pay someone to set up.

17. murkr

murkr Member

Thank you for all the help guys. I recently wondered how i can keep accounts busy and looking like real accounts.

The reason i said twitter is because within a month i accumulated about 30-40 high TF twitter accounts i scrapped. I wanted to keep them active so when i do drop my links it looks more natural.

If an Imacro just does things automated on my end im not sure it could work with twitter the way i would like it to. I wanted something that can manage all my twitter accounts by liking and posting daily. I think i heard of a service that does this but i forgot what it was.

But, for behance.com that sounds interesting, do you see that as being useful? high quality behance.com accounts?

18. cardine

For Twitter you would probably be better off using an existing tool. We have a thread talking about the best ways to automate Twitter that talks about a bunch of different products. If you are just looking for posting content, then something like Jarvis might be what you are looking for. So as not to go off topic from this Journal you may want to create your own where you document any attempts to automate social media profiles and the results you are getting. I don't think any single social site will make or break a link building campaign on its own but they are all important and together they can certainly have some power behind them.

murkr likes this.
  19. murkr

murkr Member

Sorry last post from here me, I tried PMing you this but i dont see an option to do that.

Wow Jarvis looks awesome. But is that only for facebook? or is that also for twitter?

That looks like it would work best for managing real businesses. I might get this to manage my business and my clients FB posts.

But for my twitter accounts i want to get like 50 of them and they dont even offer an option to manage that many. A few weeks ago i read there was this program that lets you manage a lot of twitter accounts for cheap, I guess I have to remember where I found it lol.

sorry OP!

20. Divination

Divination Member

Hey guys, long hiatus because I went into university and I couldn't really adapt to the workload. (I still am not adapted, exams coming in the next two weeks, then I have a month off) To be 100% honest I've just been focused on chicks a lot more since high school 12th grade was insanely dry for me. I've been...having more fun in uni, to put it nicely! ;)

I just set up my PBNs and I have 18 set up now. I've been pointing more and more PBNs to the site, I have around 5-8 pointed at the moment and this is the result for my keywords.
    [​IMG]

I'm using Easy Blog Networks, not sure if I said it before. PM me if you need an invite, I don't want to post referral links here.

Here's what the domain stats look like. The ones that are brand new, I haven't posted on. The 4 month ones, I've posted on about 2/3 of them.
    [​IMG]

I'm contacting my writer again for this website, still have a few keywords to target. Once the higher searches/m ones get ranked I should see some profit. Speaking of profit:
    [​IMG]

How's my YouTube channel doing?
    It's doing pretty well. Could be a LOT better, but I have a lot of people copying my "content ideas" if you catch my drift. Long story short, I upload a track and then a bigger channel uploads it and outranks me on search. Then I have to buy views to outrank them, it's a mess.
    [​IMG]

I haven't been able to set up the Behance, at all. Kinda gave up on it until a few days ago, until I tried to start again and I'm not experienced enough to get it.

Giving up on the G2A patreon, see it for yourself here: http://patreon.com/g2agoldmine
    It's still not been indexed. I'm assuming it would only make pennies anyway, screw it.

What's next?

Well... I still want to be a millionaire. I'm not giving up that easily. I've fought through more things in life than 90%+ of people and I don't consider myself weak. I have a desire to buy things that I can't (I can, it just wouldn't be smart) buy now, and I have a desire to do things that I can't do now.

The next step is to buy 5 more money articles for my Amazon affiliate site and let them sit for a bit. Then I'll use every single PBN domain I have available to me on that site because I really need this monthly money coming in.

Hopefully I can get this Behance set up really quickly because if it works it will be easy money. I'm using my VPS now for YouTube commenting and I can see myself using it for Behance too.

I've discovered this new social network goldmine that I can monopolize on and be first-to-market.

I've discovered this new program that I can also monopolize on once I get accepted to it.

It's only up from here.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016