My online marketing journey

Discussion in 'Case Studies and Journals' started by Divination, Aug 29, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Divination

Divination Member

Wow, got another copyright strike on my channel today for a Drake remix. This is SAD but I'll get it fixed soon!
    2 copyright strikes now, they'll either both be fixed in the next 2 weeks or I'm getting sued.

2. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

Are you placing hot chicks as your video thumbnail and are you filling the videos with videos of hot chicks?

If not, do. It'll increase your views.

3. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

Youtube's Copyright System is a complete mess. My sister has a Youtube channel and her experiences with Youtube's Copyright system is an absolute joke. People who don't even hold copyrights file claims, and the threat of copyright strikes prevents anyone from actually fighting them. Generally if it is actually Fair Use your best bet is to fight it all the way through. These companies doing these copyright claims are often just doing automated complaints within Youtube and it will take a lot for them to go a step further and actually submit a DMCA takedown, which can still be properly fought. Youtube's system essentially tries to lessen DMCA's by providing an incredibly easy system for people filing claims which scares most Youtubers into immediately giving up.

4. Divination

Divination Member

I'm back to the site.

I had a long long semester which resulted in me having to drop a course and (possibly) fail one. Not looking good.

However, I can give you this much information on my YouTube channel

My YouTube channel is at 20800 subscribers right now, up a crapload from my last update. My views have skyrocketed, but unfortunately revenue is not too great. Starting June I should be making at least $1000/mo when the ads come back on YouTube. If you didn't know, YouTube removed banner ads and sponsored ads. The only ads consistently showing are pre roll ads now, because they want to spend time making the site more "brand-friendly"... [​IMG]

Just to give you an idea of how my channel is doing, here's a 3 month graph of views.
    [​IMG]

30,000 views a day a couple of days ago, and now I'm at 100,000 realtime in 48 hours.
    You can see what kind of growth I'm getting. Almost 300 subscribers a day also.

And my Amazon affiliate site?
    My Amazon site is also doing quite well for not putting in any effort whatsoever. It's making around $50-100 per month in commissions and before yesterday I hadn't put out an article in months. I am working on this every day now until it starts making me $1000/month. I'm on the bottom page of a bunch of keywords that have 1000+ searches per month so once I move up to the top that should be easy money.

Help?
    So I'm rusty now. I'm sure a bunch of stuff has changed since I've last been on here.
    - What is the best way to find blogs to comment on (for "follow" links)? There were some good footprints floating around a while ago like: [your keyword] "leave a comment" etc. If anyone has that I'd greatly appreciate it.
    - What sort of links can I make besides PBNs that are high authority? I have GSA and Scrapebox. I could also do it manually.

Any tips you guys have for me are REALLY appreciated. I'm looking forward to the $$$!

StackPaper likes this.
  5. Divination

Divination Member

So... I got 660 subscribers in 1 day.

2 months ago I was at 1500 subscribers per month. Crazy shit going on right now!

I bought some keywords from a BHW member - its a product I know nothing about. I am going to write a 3000-5000 word buyers guide about it tomorrow

What have I done the past few days?
    Carefully monitored my realtime views on YouTube to see exactly whats going on at what time with what videos, and acted based on those immediate results.

Went over old articles on my first Amazon aff site and increased the keyword density from 0.3% to 0.7% ish. Also included more long tails which I got from Google Search Console (I'm currently at like #7 for them and I want to be #1 for all those long tails)

Placed 2 more PBN links to the aff site. Not going to do this anymore because I'm going to wait until my onpage updates and I'll see which articles need boosting and which are ranking fine without links.

By the way, my YouTube realtime views is 160,000 now in 48 hours... TAKE IT IN, LAST FRIDAY I HIT 50,000 FOR THE FIRST TIME...

I've noticed that it's often the small things that people overlook that yield the biggest results. ;)

StackPaper likes this.