Question New Wordpress Plugin - wpserpfuel

Discussion in 'SEO and Marketing' started by Anaconda, Feb 26, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Anaconda

Anaconda Established Member

To me this looks pretty good but I think everything looks good. Has anyone else had a look at it or bought it? Any opinions?

I'm also wary of the inevitable OTO's which can quadruple the buy in price..

I'm likely to buy it because it's cheap enough and I'm about to start a round of WP sites but any experience of the product would be great.

http://www.wpserpfuel.com/

Sales pitch from main page

WpSerpFuel is a Wordpress Plugin that creates content rich internal pages.
    These pages intelligently link to your main posts using diverse anchor text AND are NOT linked to from your main site.

WpSerpFuel then generates an SEO friendly RSS feed sitemap that contains all the urls to every Fueled post created.

This provides more emphases to each post you publish and focuses your sites attention in such a way that Google is forced to Rank your posts.

2. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

I've watched the video and I see a two very major issues with WPSerpFuel:

Issue 1: WPSerpFuel builds links that are useless for SEO purposes
    The first and biggest one is that the links that WPSerpFuel is building are almost entirely useless. The video stresses that these pages that are internally linking to you are invisible to your users which means they likely aren't getting linked to anywhere themselves. Since the internal pages aren't on an intrinsically authoritative (like Facebook) and they aren't even getting linked to by your own main pages these pages are likely going to have zero ranking power whatsoever.

Issue 2: WPSerpFuel puts your money site in danger of being penalized
    The second thing is that this plugin is clearly advertising itself as a plugin you would want to use on your main money making site. Since I own WordAi I am a little biased, but the two spinners it supports (TBS and SpinRewriter) have zero capabilities of automatically writing anything that could remotely pass a manual review, and you are putting your site in a lot of danger by having tons of automated posts that have really crappy spun content. The content writer it supports (Article Builder) doesn't generate unique content so if you use that your article will be flooded with duplicate content.

Additionally the way it interlinks is the least natural way imaginable. This image below is taken directly from their promotional video (arrow added by me):
    upload_2016-2-26_18-39-30.png

These type of links with exact match anchor text that appears nowhere near any actual content stick out like a sore thumb and Google has been able to tell that this type of linking is unnatural forever. If you are going to be automatically putting links into your content it better be within an actual sentence in a way that doesn't make the sentence sound like gibberish.

Bonus Issue: WPSerpFuel is an extremely easy to spot footprint
    The way that WPSerpFuel creates pages and links is not very common, mostly because it doesn't work and could get your site penalized. As a result the only sites with this sort of site structure where weird low quality orphan pages on your money site interlink to main content with spun content and obvious links will be sites that use WPSerpFuel. As a result this makes it extremely easy for Google to tell you are using this product and to punish you accordingly.

Conclusion: WPSerpFuel gives you almost zero ranking power in return for putting your site at risk for an automated or manual penalty
    The benefits you are getting are almost nothing, as the links it is building have zero link authority behind them (the page rank has to come from somewhere, and WPSerpFuel just tries to imagine it out of thin air) and it does things in a blackhat way where you are running a great risk of getting penalized. I have no issue with using blackhat strategies and taking risks, but the risk/reward has to make it worth it, and in this case there is a lot of risk for virtually no reward.

In addition to the review on the actual mechanics of WPSerpFuel I also severely dislike that the plugin has one of those limited time special launch offers where the price dramatically goes up every 24 hours. It makes me think that this is one of those high pressure product launches akin to SEO Zen where the product creators throw together a below average product that is filled with questionable seo logic and buzzwords, the product creators get their money by using time sensitive pricing and high pressure sales tactics, and the within a year the product is gone and the product creators move onto their next quality product launch.

Anyways, that's my two cents on the product. I hope that review helped!

shaqattaq, ..., megodon and 3 others like this.
  3. xepa

xepa Member

This looks like typical WaFo trash to me.

cardine likes this.
  4. Anaconda

@cardine - whoa! Thanks for that. I think I'll save my money :) You also need to put in a fair amount of effort to creating the initial post to be spun, or spin posts. Your comment about Article Builder is interesting, it's one of those things that used to be on my To Buy list. A friend once created some articles for me, I spun them and copyscaped several dozen - and yes, lots of duplicates.

They all have the urgency factor built in - it's for people like me that can't resist a bargain.

cardine likes this.
  5. cardine

How Article Builder works is that the creators of it paid for writers to write a huge number of sentences about a broad range of categories. Then when you "build" an article with it, it will randomly pick a group of sentences that those writers wrote and then put them together to make the article. All of the sentences were written in a way that they can work with each other sentence - they are all self contained sentences. You will notice for instance in any Article Builder article you could swap the order of each sentence in a paragraph and the meaning would be completely unchanged.

This worked at the beginning because everyone got completely unique articles since these sentences were all unique. However it reached a point where enough people used Article Builder that every sentence that was written for Article Builder has appeared on the internet somewhere, and since Article Builder continues to reuse articles from their database of sentences eventually every sentence becomes a duplicate sentence.

So it worked for a while, but now that their sentence database is all used up it isn't that useful of a product anymore.

Glad I could help! They are very smart with their urgency factor, and it does a great job bringing in people who see a great deal and are worried they are missing out on the "next big thing". That "limited time pricing" however has been abused so much that now when I see a one off (non subscription) product with limited time pricing like that I am always worried in the back of my mind that they are doing that because they want everyone to quickly buy it before word gets out that it isn't a very good product.

6. Anaconda

So true about Article builder their DB needs a refresh of sentences. I do like Jon Leger tho, he has always been ethical, although recently he's been hammering a few things I don't want or can't afford.
    The launch is an opportunity to make a lot of money over a short period and recoup costs and as much as I hate subscriptions the economic reality is that developers need an on going income to maintain and grow their products otherwise they will always be the 'hit and run' products that last for a year if you're lucky. For the buyer - it's a cheap buy in. In the past I've done a lot of Thin churn and burn so these sort of plugins appeal to me.

7. Courtney

Courtney New Member

Hi, I actually purchased this and was getting ready to implement it. I went through all the training videos and PDFs and understand the link flow. I put together a screen capture of a mind map I created that explains that flow.

I am hoping that you can comment on whether or not this is a bad idea for a link flow. I did not intend to spin articles, but to use unique outsource articles, that would pass human reading and are supportive of the post.[​IMG]

Here is a screenshot from the free PDF they make available without purchase. The only difference being that they also recommend that the front page links to the generated RSS feed that contains the urls for the fueled posts created by the plugin.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  8. xepa

xepa Member

Structure looks okay but why not just have all of those fuelled posts as offsite tier 1 properties with FCS Networker or another tool like that?

cardine and Courtney like this.
  9. TonyP

TonyP New Member

Have you seen this

Courtney and Anaconda like this.
  10. Anaconda

hehe - nice comeback :) I like the explanation of the RSS feeds. Such a shame I didn't see the 2nd site with the better examples. I might even consider buying it now that I've seen a much better explanation. I thought I'd go and make a thank you comment for taking the time and effort to clear this up. But alas I've been banned on WarriorForum. Apparently I hijacked a thread, who could guess I'd be that talented? It's the only comment I've made in the last year and it was not related to WPSerpFuel. Is a ban on WF a win or a lose?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    megodon likes this.
  11. cardine

I have watched this video and have the following comments to make:

Regarding RSS feeds and the ranking effectiveness of WPSerpFuel...
    Abbs (the creator of WPSerpFuel) spends a large part of the video discussing how these pages are not orphan pages because of the blog's RSS feed. RSS feeds can certainly index a page, but they do not provide any authority or pagerank, and even if they did that authority would be gone as soon as there are any new posts and the RSS feed stops displaying links to the old posts. I never said that the pages wouldn't get indexed, but rather that they wouldn't carry any long term ranking juice. For any of these "fueled" posts to be of any use at some point you would need to build permanent external backlinks to these fueled posts.

So even with the RSS feeds I still do not understand any usefulness that these posts offer. They are not passing any sort of pagerank or linkjuice, they simply exist with no authority of their own.

Abbs did very vaguely mention building external links to these fueled posts, but that leads to another very important question: if you are building links to these fueled posts why wouldn't you just build them to your main money post instead? If you are linking to a fueled post which then links to your main post, your main post is getting far less link juice than if you just linked directly to your main post. This specific point requires some understanding as to how the PageRank algorithm works and how Google passes authority, but the short explanation is that every time you link to a site that link only carries a portion of the original pages authority along with it. So if you link to a fueled post which then links to the main post, the main post will get less "juice" from that link than if you just linked directly to the main post.

So with that being the case, the only reason that you would purposefully link to a site that links to your main post (instead of just linking to your actual post) is that you are worried the incoming links are blackhat and might penalize your site. If that is the case you are still putting yourself just as much at risk because the fueled posts are on the same domain as your main posts. In this instance you would be far better off with a Tier 1 site located on a parasite or some other PBN that you own.

Regarding Article Builder...
    Abbs also makes it a point that the completely duplicate content from Article Builder is still getting indexed and that as a result creating a site full of duplicate content from Article Builder is safe and effective. With some pretty good timing and a very well done case study, @dzianis disproved this exact claim yesterday. Just because an article is indexed does not mean that any of these pages are even remotely carrying any linkjuice. Lastly in his video Abbs said "if you know Article Builder you will recognize these tips" which directly implies that Article Builder is itself a major footprint.

My conclusion...
    With all of that being said I still have the same major issue as I had before. Abbs says that he doesn't quite understand what I mean when I say "the page rank has to come from somewhere, and WPSerpFuel just tries to imagine it out of thin air" so I will try to rephrase this for him. WPSerpFuel does not create any links from any external sites. You can create all of the "fueled" pages you want with all of the complicated interlinking structure you want with all of the indexing from RSS feeds that you want, but your site still has zero external links and as a result you have added no external "authority" that Google can use to judge that your site is a high quality site. Google only gives you authority from an internal link if the page that the link is coming from has some authority to pass. Considering the only links that these "fueled" posts are getting are temporary and internal links from RSS feeds, these "fueled" posts have absolutely zero ranking power.

Now Abbs could easily respond and say "well you should be building links to these fueled pages" but I was promised on the sales page that WPSerpFuel would increase my rankings by itself. If WPSerpFuel is not creating any links from any external sites then they aren't increasing your sites authority. Even if you are building links to these "fueled" pages you would be better off building them either to your main blog post (so the links are going right to the page you are trying to rank) or they should be built to a Tier 1 site on a different domain so that your main site doesn't run the risk of being penalized by a review.

I will give WPSerpFuel some credit...
    After Abbs spent a large part of his video talking about how you should manually edit all of your posts I went through his sales page looking for any instance where he promised that WPSerpFuel was an autopilot tool and I couldn't find any, and I appreciate that he responded to my review in a very rational and even keeled way.

One of the big goals for Apex Forum was that data matters more than reputation and that includes my own reputation. This should be evident by the culture of the forum, the emphasis on case studies, and even the opinions espoused by our members. So Abbs if you think that WPSerpFuel will help you rank your site I would be happy to do a case study with you where we create two brand new sites with the same amount of content and the content for your blog is posted on your blog with WPSerpFuel exactly as you described in the above video, while the content for my blog is posted on Tier 1 properties with any web 2.0 creation tool. Besides those pages neither of us are allowed to build any additional links, and we will see at the end which site ranks the highest. I have done case studies like this already and would have no problem doing one again. I'm confident that WPSerpFuel would dramatically underperform with very little ranking power, but I would be happy to be proven wrong because that means I would have learned something new about how Google works.

If you are interested let me know and I'd be happy to setup a case study for this. Otherwise I still very strongly believe that WPSerpFuel is based on flawed SEO strategy and would struggle to send any amount of authority to your blog, and at this point I don't think anymore explanations will change my opinion on this.

Anaconda likes this.
  12. Courtney

Courtney New Member

Thanks for the advise... I think I'll not go ahead and set it up. The plugin only cost me $17 so I'm not concerned about the purchase and will not be asking for a refund, as I beleive that the seller in sincere in his belief that it will improve rankings.

I do have one question, though... I have an account with Onlywire and was wondering if you think it would be a good idea to bookmark back a link to the main post from all the social sites that I have in that system?

cardine likes this.
  13. cardine

I am not extremely familiar with OnlyWire but I will say that bookmarking your main post from all of your whitehat social media sites is very safe and should only help.

Courtney likes this.
  14. Anaconda

Fascinating reading 2 views. It's a bit like dueling banjos :) . I missed the cheap price so decided not to go with it at this time because no doubt there are OTO's one of which might address the social backlinks. I give credit to Abbs for his reply and not shying away for it. Shows good commitment IMHO. I have bought his products in the past and he does have a good following.

I can see what he's trying to achieve and although I have less experience than you @cardine If I'm hearing Abbs correctly, a completely separate RSS is made for the fuelled posts. That should mean that regardless of other posts the fuelled RSS wouldn't change. Maybe need to do some backlinking to the RSS to be effective although putting the RSS feeds into the sitemap and linking the sitemap on the home page or footer should work. There are a number of sites which will ping RSS feeds - Pingomatic is one. Other sites will ping a sitemap. I used to use image-maps but I think that's a dead duck now.

Being indexed and getting traffic or buyers are 2 totally different things - I've had sites with 20K+ indexed pages an no visitors (or income).

I'd like to see a case study on it too - we all know stuff but I'm always happy to learn more or even be proven wrong.

15. cardine

Abbs was kind enough to show us a domain with a live example right here. If you scroll down to the bottom where it says "See internal link building for Seo child posts" you will see that links to the RSS feed which is the following URL:
    He gave another live example specifically in his video, which was seomarketingsuite.com, and the feed that is linked to on that blog is:
    Which is once again on the same site.

Abbs mentioned himself that the RSS feed was setup through a WordPress plugin which would require that the RSS feed be located on the same site as WPSerpFuel anyways (since he never once mentions creating a second WordPress site). So with his RSS "magic" that he spent a lot of time talking about, best case scenario only your 20 most recent posts will be linked to (since an RSS feed will only show the ~20 most recent posts) and there will still be zero links from any external sites.

Whether intentional or not, the marketing premise of WPSerpFuel is to confuse customers into thinking that lots of indexed content equals big SEO results when that is not the case whatsoever. I had originally thought that Abbs was aware of this and pulling a fast one on his customers, but it might be that Abbs has made the same mistake himself of equating indexed content with SEO results. Years ago I mistakenly thought the same thing, and the result of that flawed SEO logic for me was several sites with 100,000+ pages of indexed content that carried almost zero ranking authority.

Anaconda likes this.
  16. ...

... Established Member

The most impressive thing in this thread is that WPSerpFuel created a 30 minute video to respond to one post.

megodon likes this.
  17. Anaconda

Not meaning to be argumentative or disagree (although I am an argumentative b*tch sometimes - fair warning) .... just looking for accuracy.

It's a shame we don't have access to a full example site. There are several feeds. The one you noted.
    http://wpserpfuel.com/blog/?feed=child&id=1
    plus
    http://wpserpfuel.com/blog/feed
    the /feed shows the posts as shown in the sidebar, this feed should be the only one to change as content is added.
    a test of http://wpserpfuel.com/blog/feed2 - goes to a "Page not found"
    feed=child&id=xxxx pages must be created dynamically (????) because generally an incorrect url would 404, "Page not Found" or return to the home page. I tested some random Child Feed pages and they all have (empty) pages.
    http://wpserpfuel.com/blog/?feed=child&id=2
    http://wpserpfuel.com/blog/?feed=child&id=7083
    http://wpserpfuel.com/blog/?feed=child&id=100007083

Regardless - at minimum the 3 example posts need to be found by Google et al using whatever method. The link to the child rss at the end of the posts should mean the fueled posts are naturally found and indexed. Whether they have value as posts might be debatable but this is about funneling credibility to the parent posts and a boost in ranking to those 3 example posts - is it not?

18. cardine

What "credibility" is it funneling though? Where is the credibility originating from?

Let's think of it another way. Let's say we create a blog, and that blog has zero links pointed to it. Since that blog has zero external links pointed at it, that blog currently has zero credibility.

We then create an RSS feed that is linked to from every page of the new blog we made. That RSS feed also has zero credibility because the only places that link to it are from the new blog itself and we already agreed that the new blog doesn't have any credibility yet since there are no outside sites linking to the blog.

Now you create new posts with WPSerpFuel that are linked to by the RSS feed. That RSS feed however has no credibility because nothing credible is linking to it. So since the only thing linking to these fueled posts is an RSS feed with no credibility, these fueled posts do not gain or have any credibility.

Now you use these WPSerpFuel posts to link to your main blog post, but since these WPSerpFuel posts don't have any credibility, nothing special happens besides the fact that you indexed a lot of useless posts.

I just do not understand where in the WPSerpFuel workflow any actual authority is being created. For any of this to be useful you would need to build a lot of external links to either the "fueled" posts or the RSS feed (which still only links to 20 results at a time). And if you are going to build external links to those "fueled" posts or to an RSS feed why not just build those links to your main blog posts instead?

Courtney and Anaconda like this.
  19. Anaconda

Point taken - yeah it does take a while sometimes LOL. Appreciate your full answers and it's changed my mind set to what is worthwhile and what is wasted time. I can see I need to consider more than what is laid out in front of me - read 'sales pitch'. Plenty of helpful tips through the conversation too :)

Courtney and cardine like this.
  20. TonyP

TonyP New Member

Have You Seen This