Question New Wordpress Plugin - wpserpfuel

Discussion in 'SEO and Marketing' started by Anaconda, Feb 26, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Anaconda

Anaconda Established Member

Whether you agree or disagree kudos to Abbs for a full reply. In the end it boils down to 2 differing opinions. I think that both @cardine and Abbs speak with knowledge and both are passionate about SEO just from different angles. Nice work from both sides. :)

2. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

Hopefully this will be my last post as well!

In this video you are backpedaling quite a bit. You say "I'm not sure where WPSerpFuel promises rankings" but this is taken directly from your sales page:

upload_2016-3-4_15-15-23.png
    You promised me on your homepage SEO Rankings That Don't Rely on External Backlinks. In this video you say "oh of course you want to build backlinks" but that directly contradicts what your sales page very clearly promises.

You are also making all sorts of claims about how offsite SEO doesn't matter that much and backlinks aren't everything. They might not be everything but consistent data driven studies show that backlinks from external sites are the single most important factor for ranking. Don't believe me? I'll cite you data driven studies below:

Backlinko did an analysis of 1 million Google search results and found this:
    Moz did an analysis of the top 50 search results for 15,000 keywords and found this:
    A very comprehensive Penguin analysis of my own made this following conclusion:
    (In case it wasn't clear, that is specifically referring to the niche/content relevancy of external linking sites)

That last case study specifically makes the claim that Google needs to see some external links to your site so that Google can figure out how relevant the rest of the internet thinks your site is. Of course you think your site is relevant and your interlinks can help signal your sites relevancy, but anyone can make their site seem relevant through internal linking which makes it very easily abusable. That is the primary reason Google cares about how relevant the rest of the internet thinks your site is.

As for your claim that a silo structured page requires fewer links, I would need to see a case study or some data to back that up. You are free to do one in our Case Studies and Journals section, but I won't take your word for it, I won't take Bruce Clay's word for it, and really I won't take anybodies word for it unless you have a case study or some actual data to back your statements up. The burden of proof is on you to prove that WPSerpFuel makes it so that you can rank sites with less backlinks. I have been kind enough to offer to assist you in doing this, but if you are not interested I will not take your word that WPSerpFuel sites require 90% less links - you need to prove that to me with some sort of case study or analysis. Just like how if a new drug maker says "this drug will help you lose weight, just trust me on it" you would say "show me a peer reviewed study that proves this."

A big reason that you have received such a strong reaction from me Abbs is not because your tool is especially bad or that I dislike you as a person, but that I very strongly believe that there is a lack of accountability in the SEO industry where people can just boldly make claims without any sort of data to back them up and people will eat it up. This makes it very easy to spread misinformation, makes it very hard to figure out who is actually telling the truth, and leads to a marketplace full of legitimate sellers and snake oil salesmen with no reliable way to tell which is which. And I think as an industry we can do much better than that.

..., shaqattaq, xepa and 2 others like this.
  3. Courtney

Courtney New Member

I watched both video replies and also read the responses here and I'm left with one overarching question...

If relevancy is passed from the "fueled" posts to the main post and then to the topic as in the diagram, I am assuming that the relevancy from the "fueled" posts to the main post is created by the relevant topics discussed in the "fueled" posts. As far as I know the only way to create that relevancy in any post is to use keywords and LSI words in the article so that the topic becomes clearly defined for both the search engine and also for the human reader.

Setting aside the concept of how humanly readable a post is, (whether it's a "fueled"post or a regular post) if google rewards that relevancy, why would I need to have any "fueled" posts?

Let me explain... It seems to me that setting back-links aside for a moment and only talking about relevancy of the article, by creating a post that is in-depth and has all the LSI keywords and the necessary embedding, like video and images, (with alt tags) and that is easily readable, that article should serve the same function as all of the "fueled"posts, because it contains all of the relevant topics that the fueled posts do.

So why not just write a comprehensive and authoritative and LSI encompassing main post? As far as I can tell that makes the "fueled" posts unnecessary. Seems like a lot less work.

Anaconda and cardine like this.
  4. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

I agree with your conclusion entirely. I think Google absolutely judges relevancy to some degree based on whether you have external links coming from relevant sites, but as far as onsite SEO goes, by far the most important thing to do is to have relevant and high quality content.

If you are trying to signal onpage relevance (in my personal opinion) you would be better off just creating an awesome relevant page that is backed up by relevant external links. Some basic cohesion on your site with things like category pages and tag pages is absolutely a good idea, but having all of these barely findable almost orphan pages which solely exist to link to your main blog post will not add any additional "relevancy" that basic proper onsite didn't already do.

If Abbs disagrees with me on that he is welcome to do a case study and prove me wrong, but that is what my opinion is regarding "relevance sculpting" which I would agree is an unproductive use of your time and dollars.

Courtney and Anaconda like this.