PBN build

Discussion in 'Case Studies and Journals' started by mstchr, Dec 27, 2016.

Share This Page

1. mstchr

mstchr Active Member

This will be my first real earnest PBN. I've built out supporting sites for many different money sites over the years but I've never got around to building a PBN just for the sake of having one.

Things I've been reading that make sense to me:

Make the sites look good
    Invest in good content
    Build in small chunks, finishing sites progressively, not building lots of sites at once​

I intend to use a healthy mix of wordpress and HTML templates with php includes, maybe some concrete5 or joomla or whatnot. The faster the better because I don't like fucking around all day in the backend of shitty CMSs like wordpress.

I would very much like to host my sites with Amazon/Digital Ocean/Linode/etc, we'll see how that goes since I suck at servers and programming in general.

This PBN will be thematic, mostly centered around my current location in the world. I intend to use this PBN to rank money sites that I will sell or rent to businesses. I've really come to like this form of revenue generation. I also have a long ball to play with this network based on a big event a few years down the road.

More to come soon. I'm looking forward to learning from anyone here who knows their PBNs.

Cheers and season's greetings!

cardine and Anaconda like this.
  2. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

Looking forward to following your progress on this! We had an old thread where we talked a little bit about setting up PBNs - although I'm sure none of that info will come as any surprise to you.

I think the most important parts are doing everything possible to minimize footprints, and that they are centered very specifically on one niche, which it sounds very much so like you are already doing.

The only other thing I see people very often struggle with is that they get way too greedy with their PBNs. They should look like real sites, they should link out to other people just as much as to you, and often they shouldn't even link out to anyone. People hate doing work on a PBN that isn't immediately impacting their money sites and that's where short cuts creep in that make a site look way spammier. I've even seen great results from PBNs that were created specifically for one or two money sites that had the quality of money sites themselves, and they were then powered by a spammier tier of (still powerful) PBNs.

But in general I don't think PBNs are incredibly complicated - just be diligent with putting in the work and making sure none of the sites are neglected or abused and the results will be very powerful.

3. mstchr

mstchr Active Member

Nice, yeah I'll read through that thread again though...I just read the thread here where the guy was stubborn about finding his own domains, actually learned a couple things there thanks to @Golan.

Niche-specific because that brings strength to the links?

Nice, yeah the tiered PBN thing sounds like a powerful thing if set up right. I'll keep that in mind, although I think this will be a slow and steady process. I'm not worried about the liinks, I'm very conservative with all SEO work and it generally pays off well...I'm the guy who tells web2.0 setup service providers to not add my links when they make the properties, just send me the credentials and I'll place the links later :p

Good advice, thanks.

Question: I'm going to be reg'ing at least a handful of fresh domains for this network, so the sites won't come with any juice, as with the expired domains. I haven't done a lot of linkbuilding lately...if I want to get the link juice flowing to these properties for later use in ranking a couple money sites, what's the stock in trade these days? I intend to set up social accounts and IFTTT. Beyond that, what are some recommended link types to power pbn sites?

4. terrycody

terrycody Member

It's comes down to very versatile when building PBN links, you can literally do whatever you want, just mix PBN links with generally links.

As already with expired domains, PBN sites often got enough link juice and wait to flow in your sites pages, what you said build social signals IS indeed a very good way to make PBN looks natural and I have read some cases it surely helped ranking.( though someone claimed it is no use)

some patterns you may interested:

for example: PBN A, with 20 posts, each post with multiple social signals, and each post you can link to one of your money site page, just to be cautious, you better link only ONCE to your money site as it is look natural this way. You can random post some non-link posts, to make it even more human-deable.

you can send another tier of links to your PBN A, eg, GSA links or even cheaper PBN links, though this is an traditional way, or you just stop build links to your PBN, it is up to you.

A more safe way to do PBN links these days is you get guest post from other sites, and build PBN links to that page, though this is sound like a bit immoral.

5. mstchr

mstchr Active Member

So much spam!

I had no idea just how many expired domains have been spammed these days, it's out of control. Now I understand why services exist to find good ones, it's an excruciating process.

Can anyone vouch for hammerhead domains' topical lists?

6. terrycody

terrycody Member

There are AT LEAST, thousands of people and bots crawling the web 7/24 per day around the world, I myself happen to know a guru, I would say, maybe no one will be smarter than him in this domain scrape niche, no kidding. Even him, is trying hard to find the domains for customers, its really really hard, even you are very clever, it still needs you a lot of time!

In other words, in some extend, its not worth for you to scrape yourself, if you spend too much time and still can not find or just very few clean ones but lost years time.

And for hammerhead topics, I would say, NONE. If is all, only brainstormed by true GURU once in a while.

Golan likes this.
  7. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

Yes - from all evidence I've seen I strongly believe that Google cares about the topicality and relevance of the page/site that the link is on almost as much as the actual anchor text. I certainly know from a technology standpoint they have the ability to quickly and easily figure out the "keywords" of a page or article - and considering how much anchor text matters you would be losing out if you didn't put the same amount of effort on making the entire site follow the same keyword themes.

If you aren't looking to do churn and burn I think it's far better to err on the side of being too conservative versus being too greedy. Ideally you want even your Tier 2 links to have some "humanness" to them.

8. Golan

Golan Active Member

I almost entirely stopped scraping the net, only researching the drop lists now and trying to catch good ones.

9. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

This. Google has probably mapped the whole Internet into topics using LSA years ago.