Post Your Underrated SEO Tip

Discussion in 'SEO and Marketing' started by cardine, Dec 15, 2015.

Share This Page

1. areeshkhan544

areeshkhan544 New Member

2. vlachs

vlachs Active Member

That's not proof. People can interpret data differently. If I do a top10 on 1000 keywords and 99% of them have fb likes that means they rank because of that?

3. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

He really has no idea what he's doing.

Golan likes this.
  4. areeshkhan544

areeshkhan544 New Member

Is this for me?

5. areeshkhan544

areeshkhan544 New Member

Word "Ranking Factor" Means that a Minor or Major factor that helps your site in rankings, Suppose you have 60+ DA on your site, Target a long tail keyword on a page and you will be ranked with that keywords next day. Now target the same keyword on a webpage with 1 DA, you can not see any ranking even after month. So DA is a factor that helps in ranking. Same as, likes comments, shares specially google +1 are minor ranking factors that can somehow helps you in rankings, However you can not be ranked by only getting social signals on a page. Links, DA, PA, Moz trust, all factors are equally important.

6. Bender Bending Rodríguez

OK dude. Good luck with your sites.

Golan likes this.
  7. areeshkhan544

areeshkhan544 New Member

Why are you saying this bro? is this ironic?

8. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Why did I say that? Because your logic is terrible.

Is it ironic? No. It is not. You need luck to rank. Your understanding of SEO is abysmal.

But whatever. They're your site(s).

Now, if you excuse me, I gotta go back to work. Thanks.

9. areeshkhan544

areeshkhan544 New Member

Thanks for whatever you said, If you have any link source that says Social Signals wont helps in rankings Please provide me, I am not saying Dont do links building, Onpage SEO, Content Marketing, But only saying Socials Signals Helps in ranking, no matter Little or large. Prove me wrong, you are an expert.

10. vlachs

vlachs Active Member

Actually, you have to prove that they work, it's not our job to demonstrate that they don't.

Do Google+ matter in ranking? No, any public share on it is seen as a google.com link in search console, but it does not have any value.
    Do FB Likes matter and any other social platform? NO. Even as a concept is stupid because it would mean that Google is setting positions on its product(search) based on FB's algorithm. An unknown algorithm and debatable quality. Yeah, you are right, Go Social Signals LOL.

As a word of advice, don't look at Moz metrics, they are truly terrible.

cardine likes this.
  11. Bender Bending Rodríguez

His underrated SEO tip was that Social Signals do not have 0 or negative weight. He then says that it is not as high as other ranking factors.

That's not an underrated SEO tip. That's a straight up shitty opinion.

Tip is defined as "a piece of advice or expert or authoritative information" (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tip). There was nothing authoritative or expert in that and it definitely wasn't advice since he can't even back it up outside of his (presumably 1) experience and a correlation study.

We're actually doing him a favor by telling him that he's dumb.

MAL101, cardine, Golan and 1 other person like this.
  12. Golan

Golan Established Member

Why bother feeding the troll/bot...

13. MAL101

MAL101 Member

Well, some tricks that I have up my sleeve is to tamper the headings. Like we have H1,H2,H3 and so forth, using H1 twice or thrice with your primary keyword for one or two subpages will get you ranked.

Anchor tagging the same keyword will also help you boost your ranking. But this shouldn't be done to the entire website because google will lower your ranking then.

Doing this on one or two subpages is fine.

14. Stevenw

Stevenw New Member

I have a little overrated SEO trick I use to diversify anchor text :) just simply a back link from sites like teespring.

MAL101 likes this.
  15. Mordor

Mordor Member

I had a client with whom I worked on two sites, same niche, same KWs. After three months we reached top5 (mover from second page). We were there for a week or so, and he was soo happy that he decided to buy some G+ shares (150) and without asking me. Well, after he did that rankings went to hell in matter of days, from top5 to top50 and more. There was nothing else that could do that, or I'm aware of. Another site we ranked the same way, of course this time without buying G+ shares and is still ranking #1, after 2 years.

16. RenaeFab

RenaeFab New Member

Page titles are often used badly, mainly because humans looking at the results are forgotten about for the sake of search engines.

17. Bender Bending Rodríguez

If you're buying an adult domain, do a site: check to make sure that the serp doesn't have "Suspected child abuse content has been removed from this page. Report child abuse content." in it.

That domain is never gonna get indexed.

Golan likes this.
  18. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Make sure you're getting credits for all of the links you've built.

Go to Majestic and look at the historic index for your domain. Click "Raw Export" (down arrow button) and not "Export data" under the Backlinks tab. This will give you all backlinks Majestic found within the last 5 years for your domain.

Copy and paste the list into Scrapebox. Remove backlinks that do not have a hyperlink to your site. Remove redirects. Check for indexation.

For all backlinks that are still there and not indexed, build tier2 links to get them indexed.

I'm pretty sure, for every 1 indexed link you have, there's at least 1 other one that didn't get indexed.

Paul likes this.
  19. dsoul

dsoul Member

Well what did he expect? Buying shitty shares, from faceless bot accounts for a few dollars?

Social helps, if your accounts are legit and actual real people share and like your shit. It's called putting in some work, and creating a real following, otherwise forget it, you can't buy it.

20. Koldiuk5

Koldiuk5 New Member

It will be Guest Posting then. Because it has much more demand in SEO. For increase website keywords ranking and traffic you can easily try for it. lol