Post Your Workspace

Discussion in 'Apex Lounge' started by lemon, Sep 14, 2016.

Share This Page

1. lemon

lemon Member

Where do you guys get shit done? Are you a digital nomad working out of a van? Have you got a dedicated office space? Show us where it all happens.

My desk was set up to be inexpensive. I moved across the country recently, and only intend to be here for about a year. I didn't want to spend a pile of cash on something I would just have to flip in a year, so I picked up an inexpensive desk from the brick and a pair of old monitors off craigslist.

Attached Files:

cardine likes this.
  2. pinchee

pinchee Member

I'd love to have an office within a couple blocks of home, hopefully that'll happen soon. Right now I move between working from bed in the spare bedroom, to working from my living room couch, to working from the island in my kitchen. It's not optimal, but when my wife out of the house it's good enough for now. The important thing is I'm ~50 meters from the beach, so when I'm sick of working I can drop what I'm doing and jump in the ocean, realize life actually isn't too bad, and then get back to work.

My office could be basically a closet, as long as there's a little A/C and maybe space to take a nap. I'm hoping I find something in my town within the next couple months.

3. Simseen

Simseen Active Member

[​IMG]

I like to keep it simple, i've moved the desk to the other side of the room today due the better internet access there.

The setup is a 15 inch Macbook pro, 16gb ram.
    And the monitor is some mid-end 27" Phillips monitor.

When i had a desk in a office space i had this monitor, and a secondary 24" medion monitor and my Macbook pro.

cardine likes this.
  4. lemon

lemon Member

Have you considered co-working spaces? Although you can't really take a nap there, they are relatively inexpensive. When I first started my writing business I was working at a local establishment. It's a great networking opportunity. I still go there from time to time if i'm feeling unmotivated. Simply being around productive people is enough to keep me on point.

5. pinchee

pinchee Member

A friend's company is working on a YouTube studio, he wants to hook me up with a desk when they complete it. Besides that, the only thing around here really is call centers, which isn't where I want to be working. It's a really small town. I used to live in Austin, I'm sure there's a ton of co-working places there, but I used to just work out of the UT library then.

6. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

Yeah you can. As long as there's a couch, it's up for grabs.

pinchee likes this.
  7. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

Here's my office:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's my view:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My office (and the rest of the office) are still waiting on some last minute construction and furniture items so I'll post a couple more pictures once everything is 100% done.

Anaconda, ..., dzianis and 3 others like this.
  8. Bender Bending Rodríguez

[​IMG]

I'm using a DJ stand as a portable laptop stand. I also use construction worker's ear muffs for silence. I sometimes bring a lunch with me to the coffee shop too.

Living the life really. I go to this coffee shop 5x a week and know about everyone here, all the regulars at least.

Pretty sad I'm gonna leave this place in 2 weeks :(

9. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Here's the view from my new office in Krakow. It's about 5 minutes away from the Main Square. Awesome location and only a 9 minutes walk from my apartment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Don't ask me why there's a net around the balcony. It's a thing they do here and I haven't figured out why yet. It's obviously not for birds as there are huge holes in the net. It's also obviously not for people cuz the net can't hold the weight of a person. Maybe its so people won't throw shit over the side of the balcony?

EDIT: the net is there for the pigeons. They will shit all over the balcony if there was no net.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    sites and cardine like this.
  10. Simseen

Simseen Active Member

Nice and central place you got you there! How about a picture of your setup?

11. cardine

Nice - I have a ~10 minute walk for my commute as well, it's hard to beat walking to and from work every day!

Was your old "workspace" also in Krakow?

12. Bender Bending Rodríguez

No, my old workspace was back in the US.

My equipment is basically unchanged. The only new thing I have is the orange 1TB touch external HDD and a different lunch box (not in photo).

[​IMG]

The office itself is pretty cool. They have really elegant crown molding with gold paint (or foil?) and a nice chandelier. That's something you don't get in the States.

[​IMG]

The office is basically a 6 bedroom apartment with office furniture. The people here have been nice. Almost all speak English. They're developers, designers, environmental researchers (? lol), and a few other professions that weren't uttered in clear English. I've only meet 5 people so far but they seem to be a nice bunch.

sites likes this.
  13. emp

emp Senior Member

So it is a shared workspace?

14. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Yeah, it's a shared workspace.

15. cardine

Are you planning on traveling and doing other coworking spaces as well or do you plan on staying in Krakow for an extended period of time?

16. Bender Bending Rodríguez

I'm planning on staying in Krakow for a year or two.

17. emp

emp Senior Member

This is my normal 9-5

[​IMG]

And the last days in Greece (did not get any real work done at the company event, tho, too much networking and fun)

[​IMG]

And I thought I had a picture of my normal home workspace...

I think it do, but it don't

::emp::

cardine and sites like this.
  18. Bender Bending Rodríguez

It can't get any better than this!

[​IMG]

61F day in Krakow with a view of the park, eating Pierogi Miesem.

19. emp

emp Senior Member

Damn, Pierogi!

So jealous

::emp::

20. pinchee

pinchee Member

UPDATE: Now I do have an office a couple blocks from home, and in the middle of town, so I'm next to all of the coffee shops and restaurants and stuff. Been there since December. I share the office with a guy that owns two souvenir shops and sells art, so the place is all hooked up with paintings and stuff - I'll post pics soon.