Case Study Ranking with "only" .Edu and .gov Backlinks !!

Discussion in 'Case Studies and Journals' started by Jack Sparrow, Jan 28, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Member

[​IMG]

As we all know google gives higher value for edu and gov backlinks. The thought is simple, tougher is to get a link, higher is its value. Same applies with access to edu and gov sites. Getting a backlink in white hat way is very tough process. It is usually received as a gift for your quality web property.

There are some sites in the world which still allow general public to post articles without doing any moderation whatsoever. I'm fortunate enough to know around 100 of them which im going to use it in my case study, i have done it with edu backlink before but not solely edu backlink. The proportion between edu and gov backlinks that im able to access is 90:10. I will be using both of them.

[​IMG]

I found 40% of them myself and rest of them were bought. I have thoroughly checked whether it is working or not. Everything fine. Good to go. The idea of case study came just because the idea of using only edu backlink is not done before. I thought i might do this to give some idea of value of high quality links + what can happen if i blast edu backlinks (ever heard in last few years ? :D), not blast in pure sense as it will be done manually but in short period of time.

Lets get into the actual work now. In next 2 days i will finish my article works. It has been outsourced already. I will do the other site work myself, plugins and all minor installation works within website management.

Regarding the keywords I'm targeting, i will say that it is some what easy to rank keyword given the fact that my writer can write very good articles + my backlink resources. So, i think i will be able to crack it within next 1.5 months or so.

Keyword details :

kw1 - 1500 searches - 4 words
    kw2 - 2700 searches - 4 words
    kw3 - 5400 searches - 3 words
    kw4 - 1100 searches - 4 words
    other very low searches as well (like b/t 500-1000 searches)

I prefer long tail keywords like everyone else. This is close to buyer intent keywords, i feel that i can put some banners around my site showing product related to my site niche and get some conversion, the keyword itself is reference type (like people searching for info not buying actually) but i will try to sell something related to them. Yes, it will be an affiliate product not mine. Plus i will have my adsense banners as well. It will most probably the main money source.

So, the cost so far i have incurred specially for this project and keeping other projects in mind :

Hosting - ~$26 for 3 months
    Domain - ~$10 for 1 year
    Recently bought edu sites guide (50 sites access) - $299 (for other projects as well)
    Article cost - $6/article => $120 ($6x20)

So the total cost => ~26 + ~10 + 299 + 120 = ~$455

Ranking expectation : All keywords under 4.
    Money expectation : more than $600/month (almost.. auto pilot)

Next update will come in next 36 hours. Stay tuned.

BigDog, Simon and cardine like this.
  2. hunch

hunch Member

Looking forward to your case study, but just a friendly FYI. Google does not automatically give a link more weight if it is a .gov or .edu. A spammy link is still a spammy link and it's trivial for them to deduce that now. Years ago this was the case, but a high quality .info can carry more weight than a low quality .edu nowadays.

3. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Member

No they are not low quality at all. Each and everyone is USA university site. I have hand picked them for my use. Im 101% sure it is not spammed, i could hardly see seo type article around the site. Some domains in my list include likes of Stanford, Harvard and MIT.

4. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Member

Update :

Half way => Article work.
    Website is setup with beautiful theme. Name => Newspaper.

+ I'm getting used to my edu sites and seeing whether anything unfavorable is left or not.

5. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Member

Bad News : One edu blog got strict on registration today.

The real case study will take some time. I mean i will show the results. It will take months. Before that it will look like a journey.

6. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Member

Articles are ready, im going to make my site complete. And then add keywords to MM.

Once i complete the site making process, i will finish my link building process within 5 days or so.

7. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Member

I got busy with Word AI. It is an awesome web service.

My posting is all done.

Seo tips : i don't know whether you already know about this. Tbh, its simple. Proper on-page SEO and strong backlinks looking almost natural + good or decent content to satisfy visitors want, i used to overthink so much about even very small minute parts, i have got rid of that now except looking for new ranking techniques, we don't have much control other than this man !

- Captain JC

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  8. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Member

Update : Started link building. Drip feed 5 per day for next 20 days. All of them => edu + gov. I'm not in a hurry.

Joethemonkey101 likes this.
  9. Joethemonkey101

Joethemonkey101 New Member

any results so far?

10. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Member

Seeing some positive movements already. Not worthy of doing all those SS.

PS : Im going for a holiday. I will try to update when i return.

renggap likes this.
  11. Mjuke

Mjuke New Member

This is over a year old. I guess it didn't go well?

Slymeasy likes this.