Question SEO Contest Suggestions?

Discussion in 'SEO and Marketing' started by cardine, Feb 10, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Anaconda

Anaconda Established Member

Call me cheap but I've not budgeted an entry fee. I can see some expenses coming up over 3 months but I'm trying to keep it as low as possible. A low budget is probably going to handicap me - but who knows I might have a trick or two up my sleeve. Winning WordAI and Microsite Masters this week is really going to help :)

2. dzianis

dzianis Moderator Staff Member

Sure, I understand that. It was just an idea for a prize :)

3. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

We will have a cash prize, however that cash prize will be contributed entirely by me and for this contest there will be no entry fee. My hope is that this contest will introduce a lot of new people to Apex Forum and I do not want this contest to appear as a money grab or an attempt to make a "sale" to outside SEOers who are hearing about Apex Forum and this contest for the first time.

You will be required to register a new domain name for the contest (which will cost somewhere in the range of $3-12) but besides that there will be no entry fees to participate.

Golan, sites and Anaconda like this.
  4. acton

acton New Member

Yes you are right.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2016
  5. cardine

The contest thread is now live HERE.

If anyone has any last minute feedback let me know! Otherwise let's get ready to rumble!!

6. sites

sites Active Member

<awesome>
    <microgripe>
    These rules are not mentioned in the other thread: http://www.apexforum.com/threads/seo-contest-suggestions.253/page-2#post-2066
    </microgripe>
    <megathanks>
    Hope this is the beginning of something awesome, where actually doing stuff takes precedence over a lot of talk.
    Edit: Forgot to mention: Some amazing prizes up there. Awesome job, getting all of them lined up for this!​
    </megathanks>​
    </awesome>

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  7. cardine

They are formatted a little differently, but those rules should all be included in this part of the thread:
    (Here were the originally posted rules for reference)
    If you think I missed one of them let me know and I'll make sure it gets added in!

Thanks! That's my goal as well, and a lot of my hope with the vision of Apex Forum moving forward - where claims are backed up with case studies, and talk is backed up with real work.

sites likes this.
  8. sites

sites Active Member

I couldn't find #1 (real world keyword with commercial intent) and made that post, but of course, #1 doesn't need to be part of rules. Just checked, all good. :)

>where claims are backed up with case studies, and talk is backed up with real work.

;)
    +1

cardine likes this.