Should I choose wordpress over php?

Discussion in 'Building Your Business' started by biglyft, Oct 22, 2018.

Share This Page

1. biglyft

biglyft Active Member

Can you tell me is Wordpress reliable or should I choose php?

2. Kim Jacobsen

Kim Jacobsen New Member

Custom CMS is always to prefer, but for some people very expensive if they aren't capable of coding themselves.
    Wordpress is PHP driven with a mySQL backend.
    If you have the time and like to learn, try to go above the PHP language and start "server-side" as in ie. bash programming or java and use PHP to execute the template files, mySQL to store the data. This makes you enabled to use more than "just" PHP and mix it with other programming flavors of your own choice.

jacqline gomez likes this.
  3. Daniel@30

Daniel@30 Member

I would like to answer the question see here WordPress is a CMS which build in PHP, AJAX, Mysql...

and PHP is a web programming language.

With WordPress, you getting a readymade program to manage your website.

With PHP you have to code it according to your needs.

So if you want a custom website with custom functions go for PHP.

But if it's just a dynamic website and you can consider something as using a CMS then go for WordPress.

Also for custom development will cost more than if you develop in WordPress.

HTH!

Regards,

PHP Developer

4. Daysi54

Daysi54 New Member

If you just want simple domains wordpress is the best, it is usually what I use the most except when it comes to personalization, as they say in the previous comment. PHP is to be very personalized.

5. saravanan

saravanan Active Member

You can go with Wordpress.

6. joesimen

joesimen Member

WordPress OK php latest

7. Mangat Singh

Mangat Singh Member

You know what is important for you and suits your requirements. Its your wish which technology you want to use.
    I think when you use Wordpress than you should aware about PHP and other languages. Wordpress is just a tool to make your work easy, its a drag and drop tool to design your website. But you should know what is going on in the background.
    Many times you have to go in the coding partition and make changes by yourself. I think it is necessary to aware about PHP when you use Wordpress, but both are good at their own positions.

8. piqued

piqued New Member

It depends upon your website and designing if you go with WordPress, you getting a readymade program to manage your website,else if you go with PHP you have to code it according to your needs