Snowpocalypse 2016

Discussion in 'Apex Lounge' started by cardine, Jan 24, 2016.

Share This Page

1. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

Did anyone else experience it this weekend? A lot of the east coast of the US got 24+ inches of snow this weekend, so I've spent the last 3 days stuck inside.

Here's what I've been dealing with outside my condo:

[​IMG]

And someone walking across the road in skis...
    [​IMG]

Video credit goes to @BippityBoppityBooty.

2. megodon

megodon Active Member

I needed sled dogs to get to work this morning since Towson hasn't shoveled out any of the public areas yet and the snowbanks are as tall as me...

3. cardine

Here's another gif from Saturday night outside my condo

[​IMG]

4. KS1905

KS1905 Active Member

All of my vendors in NJ, Philly and Virginia are still closed today. I live in NY right on the snow-line and we only had a few inches of snow but 30 miles away they got 2'+ of snow. I have a friend who lives in Queens (almost 3' of snow) and they haven't plowed his road yet because there is so much snow that they can't send a truck down the road because there is no place to plow the snow to; they need to send in bucket loaders to remove the snow.

It's a mess but fortunately the weather is going to be warming up this week and a good amount of the snow should melt, but that could also lead to some flooding in areas.

megodon likes this.
  5. emp

emp Senior Member

At the same time, Switzerland is aching because there has been way too little snow, hurting the tourism sector and even energy production (there is a lot of hydro power here, and it has been a very dry year)

::emp::

6. cardine

Feel free to take all of our snow - earlier today trucks were loading snow so they could drive it to a nearby lake to dump there.

7. Celtik

Celtik Member

We ended up with somewhere around 13-16 inches between Friday and Saturday. Things are just now starting to get back to normal even though a lot of secondary roads still need to be cleared.