Case Study Taking a Local SEO SaaS tool to market

Discussion in 'Case Studies and Journals' started by hunch, Jun 7, 2017.

Share This Page

1. hunch

hunch Member

A little background - so we're a marketing agency that does some dev, more than we're a dev shop. Anyway, we decided to scratch our own itch a while back by building a tool that made our lives easier. We had a couple of clients with close to a 100 locations each and managing the ratings, reviews, platform data changes etc across everything from Google to Bing Business to FB, Yelp, YP etc all the way down the line was a huge pain the ass. As time went on we figured other agencies or SMB's would potentially find a use for it so we decided to spin it off into it's own thing by polishing it up and releasing it to the wild.

The beta is basically done, so I'm not sure how good a case study would be on the dev part of this but I would definitely love some feedback on what we have so far. If there is any interest in our journey to market, I can document that here. Plus, the beta version only includes integration with some of the above mentioned review platforms along with Google Analytics and Search Console. Future plans include pulling in some 3rd party backlink data, POS integration (potentially - I think I have an angle here), call tracking and a couple of other things so there will be dev in the case study.

Basically the goal is to provide a tool to people who need to be alerted as soon as they receive ratings/reviews (rep mgmt) and who don't want to have to log in to GA and dig around for data, then dig around in search console for analytics data, pay for a separate tool to track keywords etc. We want to put the most relevant factors that can affect your local 3-pack rankings in one easy to use dashboard basically. We also have a score that factors in some of the main things that we have found to have an impact on whether or not your business will show up in the 3-pack for searches. Make changes to improve score, watch rankings improve. That's the idea anyway, with a little gamification thrown in.

Alerts on FB, Google, Yahoo and Foursquare are live, Yelp and YP are soon to follow with Bing a little further out since their documentation is awful. Not sure if we're going to go down the road of adding more scanners for more platforms after that, or integrate external backlink data first. Then like I said, call tracking and eventually POS integration a little later.

Anyway, looking for some feedback guys, and I'll try to keep this thread updated regularly. Redirect is set up at http://smo.hunchfree.com for free accounts. Feel free to test out single business, multi location or agency.

Thoughts?

2. Deepak Kumar

Deepak Kumar Member

All I can see is 14 day trial accounts? Is that all you are offering as of now?

3. hunch

hunch Member

Should be 30 day trial accounts by default (no CC required), but yeah if you PM me your username I'll just go into Stripe and set it to free after that. Like I said, I'm really just looking for feedback right now, not paying customers. We have a few business owners who are paying for it, but no SEO/dev/agency people so I want that sort of feedback.