Question What do your first 60 days of SEO look like?

Discussion in 'SEO and Marketing' started by taktikz, Aug 17, 2016.

Share This Page

1. taktikz

taktikz Member

Was looking through the threads here and thought this was a good question to ask!
    Here's what mine typically look like after doing competitive analysis and keyword research:
    1. Develop Content by hiring writers from UpWork
    2. XML Sitemaps
    3. Schema Markup
    4. Proper Site Structure
    5. On-Page Optimization using ScreamingFrog / WooRank
    6. Ensure sitespeed is at least B+ on pingdom
    7. Social Media accounts configuration
    8. Make sure site is mobile responsive
    9. Add SSL certificate
    10. Ensure SSL configuration is at least grade A by testing on SSL Labs
    11. Get some exposure: order some fiverr gigs for basic social media and SEO work (low risk services)
    12. Sign up to relevant communities (ie. cleaning services company -> sign up to cleaning services forums)
    13. Start Social Media activities with scheduled updates
    14. If local SEO, start building local citations
    15. If nationwide SEO, use FaqFox and find relevant conversations to drop a link in (good for both SEO and traffic leaking)
    16. Try to find wiki links using WikiGrabber
    17. Start looking for domains to purchase for PBN
    18. Come up with an offer for influencers
    19. Perform research on influencers and outreach using BuzzSumo/NinjaOutreach
    20. Use online indexing tools for links that haven't been indexed in over 30 days
    21. Link to from well established properties I own to help speed things up
    I don't believe I missed anything, but will update if anything comes to mind. I welcome all suggestions and strategies.

2. Bender Bending Rodríguez

Bender Bending Rodríguez Senior Member

* sift through competitors' links and categorize by type. Then, find more of those same types and build those links. For example, if competitors are getting links from travel blogs about how they're service lets you do X for free, gather up all those travel blogs, find more travel blogs, and do a similar outreach.

cardine, taktikz and John Stover like this.
  3. xepa

xepa Member

Damn that list is comprehensive.

Here's my contribution. For larger sites I look through the SERPs for longtails and try to directly buy ads that include do follow links. In a couple instances I've just bought the site directly and turned it into a high quality PBN.

taktikz likes this.
  4. Hernan

Hernan Member

Over the first 60 days I focus strongly on content, social interaction and on site SEO. So developing good amounts of quality + quantity content, IFTTT syndication and automation with 20+ social profiles. Then I'll put some of my competitors on SEMrush to gather some more ideas for alternative (supporting) content, so I divide my content into money posts or ultimate guides and then supporting articles (usually curated). Once the site is indexed and some of the social interaction is starting to show on Google Search Console, I move onto dropping backlinks on forums, blogs, web 2.0, Q&A sites, PDF sharing, etc., and make a press release to equalize the anchor text profile.

Then I'll use Bluechip Backlinks and Domcop to find good websites to setup a PBN on Easy Blog Networks, PBN.Hosting or Cloudboss.pro.

cardine, taktikz and Steve Smith like this.
  5. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

Awesome list!

This is probably implied but I would take it a step further and post extensively on each of these forums. You get extra SEO benefits from having your site in your signature, and you also get the (even better) benefit of appearing as an authority figure to a forum of potential buyers.

Something else I would do is get a feel for any major subreddits in your niche or industry. It might be pre-emptive to do any actual advertising there, but if you have a feel for the community you can start to figure out what type of content they would find useful and you can tailor some of your marketing towards that. If you are selling a product in an area people ask about, maybe it is acceptable in that Subreddit to plug your product in the comments. Or maybe a blog post about your industry would be acceptable to directly submit. But all of that starts with researching that community and figuring out what they think is ok.

This step might not have immediate SEO benefits (although a link from Reddit certainly won't hurt) but it can always become a big traffic source, and any good traffic source will have residual SEO benefits.

Along those same lines, if your site is very well monetized (such as an ecom store) I would start a PPC campaign. You can split test landing pages, ad headers, taglines, and keywords. With some skill and luck that PPC campaign will itself be very profitable, but at the very least you have some real information for what keywords, titles, descriptions, and copy are best suited to get the most clickthroughs from people searching, and the highest conversions once people click.

6. Aistis

Aistis New Member

Hello, thank you OP, a lot of awesome new stuff to me! I have some questions:
    How do I change wikipedia links once I find missing citations or dead links?
    Does SSL really improve ranking?
    What is the exact role of NinjaOutreach I didn't get that even I watched their video :) I am not sure if I need this tool.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2016
  7. cardine

cardine Administrator Staff Member

Here's a guide by @MatthewWoodward that goes into replacing missing Wikipedia citations.

This is up for a lot of debate.

Backlinko and Ahrefs have both published data showing that SSL correlates with first page rankings. However correlation does not imply causation, and it could be that there are more SSL sites on the front page because more serious webmasters use SSL, and Google is ranking those sites higher because serious webmasters also do other things that likely cause them to rank higher. For instance this study that analyzed sites that switched to SSL found no statistically significant ranking difference.

With LetsEncrypt there is no real excuse not to add SSL, and you definitely should if your site is transmitting sensitive information, but I'm not convinced there is a direct SEO benefit to doing so.

8. Youreaturs

Youreaturs Member

In the first 60 days in this kind of industry, I manage 25+ forum accounts related to the topic of my business. For the first week It's hard for me to handle all work but I work hard for everything to increase the traffic on my website the result with in 2 months is great but not that increase but for that is okay so I need to more focus to be successful with this kind of industry.